• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Quick Time Events (QTEs) are Optional

User Info: Sparda X

Sparda X
7 years ago#1
According to one of the lead designers on the official forum,
There is possibility to turn off QTE system so there is always choice to play with or without it.
Yes, that is obvious that you can't disable fistfight QTE - because it's tottaly based on that system.
But you can disable all other optional QTE in options and just watch it like normal cutscenes.

- http://tw2.thewitcher.com/forum/index.php?topic=29292.585

The inclusion of QTEs is something that hasn't sat right with me since a leaked video of an extremely early alpha version of the game showed one happening, so this is really good news for me.
Do not lend or make illegal copies of this post.

User Info: meshuggah06

meshuggah06
7 years ago#2
I don't really mind either way as this seems to be a very small portion of the game.

User Info: DecompostingRug

DecompostingRug
7 years ago#3
ill be turning it on then
decomposing

User Info: Sparda X

Sparda X
7 years ago#4
I remember another preview saying you could change the difficulty of them as well, so though I don't really like them, I might try them on the lowest difficulty.
Do not lend or make illegal copies of this post.

User Info: Xeno_Predator

Xeno_Predator
7 years ago#5
I'm loving CDPR more and more. I've always wanted to watch the action, not miss everything because I was focused on pressing X to not die.
"lol plasma gun. what next a harry potter assault rifle which requires u to say words to shoot it??" - Chutneybhai

User Info: machtsgut

machtsgut
7 years ago#6
I don't think they were ever "press X to not die". If I'm interpreting their use correctly, they influenced what happens in a cut scene and what you have to do after. Like... if you're surprised by something hitting you, you call into a hole and start there, otherwise you dodge. Things like that.

Though, now that you can disable them, I don't know what to expect. Do you automatically pass the QTEs?

User Info: Xeno_Predator

Xeno_Predator
7 years ago#7
I was referring to other games' implementation of such things. Cutscenes alone are awesome to watch.
"lol plasma gun. what next a harry potter assault rifle which requires u to say words to shoot it??" - Chutneybhai

User Info: AnimeFalcon

AnimeFalcon
7 years ago#8
thank god QTE is so dam boring
It doesn't matter if you got the better or more advanced product

User Info: Nenina

Nenina
7 years ago#9
Thank goodness. QTE force me to focus on that small area that shows what keys to press, which makes me miss entirely what's going on. It's like watching a fast martial arts movie with too much banter in another language, you must choose to see the action or read the translation.

You know, if I had known that the Witcher 2 was coming up I would never have bought Fallout: New Vegas. That junk is broken.
  1. Boards
  2. The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings
  3. Quick Time Events (QTEs) are Optional
  • Topic Archived