• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#1
Can someone tell me What the hell burningglory is talking about in his post

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/974870-white-knight-chronicles-ii/66084660

What the hell is the polkaner quest? Ive searched all over on the neoseekeer website but there is no quest by that name.

Seriously, i mean use the ACTUAL name of the f***ing quest so readers will know what f***ing quest you are referring to

And What the hell is doko85 referring to in this thread

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/974870-white-knight-chronicles-ii/59975659

What the f*** is "desert mission". I checked the rank 16 quests, and none of them are called desert mission
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#2
Is the neeoseeker website based on the international version?

I have WKC2, and i just completed draco regalis 2, but despite finishing in under 30 minutes AND getting an S rank, i still only received 20,420 P.

The neeoseeker site says i should have received a lot more.

http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/Draco_Regalis_II

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
1 year ago#3
polkaner is 'King of the Polkans'.

desert mission is 'Just Deserts'.

That wiki is really outdated and it shows XP values from WKC1 version which were not updated for WKC2. 20k seems to be the correct value for S in WKC2.
Do you play connected to the net? Not sure if it's still active, but there was 2.5x XP multiplier if playing with internet on.
Do you actually think you're clever? Think again.

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#4
SuperZay posted...
polkaner is 'King of the Polkans'.

desert mission is 'Just Deserts'.

That wiki is really outdated and it shows XP values from WKC1 version which were not updated for WKC2. 20k seems to be the correct value for S in WKC2.
Do you play connected to the net? Not sure if it's still active, but there was 2.5x XP multiplier if playing with internet on.

The servers for this game have been down for 5 years i think, so online is not possible. Im currently GR16 and i just want to get to gr17 so ill have 2 quests i can run such that i get good gr returns.

Right now, ogit2 is the ONLY quest worth running since its the most gr/time ratio.

Once i reach gr17 i can run ogit3 AND heat waves 2, since both give good gr, and jumping back and forth between the 2 helps me keep my sanity

Ive read threads that say i should just do quests in order to get materials for equipment and not focus solely on getting GR, but what i dont understand is how to get these materials WITHOUT increasing your GR??

I mean, a high gr is required to bump up the monsters to the next tier, which in turn, would have them drop the good materials. So farming for materials now (gr16) is pointless because the game is programmed to not give you the good materials until you increase your gr rank

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#5
I just s-ranked "theatre of the gods", and got 51,060 gr points ( although it took me 35 minutes)

The boss fight was seriously annoying. Alpha, beta and lamia comitus in the battle. I wasnt expecting that. From what i read about the quest, i assumed the lamia comitus was the only monster in the boss fight

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#6
I wish i knew what gr rank is required for monsters to drop tier3 items. The neoseeker site only has this info for wkc1.

It says rank 10 is when enemies drop tier 3, but i dont know what that translates to in wkc2.

I want some spiky seeds but the flower enemies are still dropping tier 2 items

At the risk of sounding like a broken record . . . . . The AI f***ing sucks in this game. In my own gaming experience, this is by far the absolute worst programming of an AI in a video game. I hope that whoever programmed them is jobless and homeless

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#7
I cant believe how much they reduced the points in wkc2. I just s-ranked "memorial servant 3" and i only got 22,300 points (12000 completing quest + 7000 time bonus + 3300 enemy bonus)

The neoseeker site shows 23,200 for simply completing the quest, thats not even counting the 13,000 points for time bonus and 3200 for enemy bonus. Total was 39,400, which is 17,100 points more than what i got. This is f***ing bulls***

They even reduced the gilder. Its supposed to be 12,000 for s-rank, but i only got 5500

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
1 year ago#8
I know servers are offline, but there still was XP bonus when playing with PSN connection on after servers shutdown. I dont know if thats the case because I didnt launched the game for over a year.

The reason they reduced GR XP is because it's much easier to rank up in WKC2, and connection bonus was insane, on JP servers I've seen GR1 newbies joining King of Polkan (which is GR1 but has GR20 difficulty) and getting GR6 upon exit.

There's no way to avoid pointless grinding in WKC. The problem is, the most efficient quests for it are too hard to solo now, so you are stuck with doing quests a few GR lower than you. When you reach GR22 you may try to get 'drake weapons' from Cat Power 2 with B rank which is doable but still drops blues. S rank is probably out of question, however I manged to do it with some knight setup. After that it's Vellgander farm till GR26 when many new quests will open.

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#9
SuperZay posted...
There's no way to avoid pointless grinding in WKC. The problem is, the most efficient quests for it are too hard to solo now, so you are stuck with doing quests a few GR lower than you. When you reach GR22 you may try to get 'drake weapons' from Cat Power 2 with B rank which is doable but still drops blues. S rank is probably out of question, however I manged to do it with some knight setup. After that it's Vellgander farm till GR26 when many new quests will open.

Ya, i just reached rank 17. I thought id be happy cause ogit3 was unlocked, but they decreased the amount of gr points by almost 10,000 (23,000 instead of 32,000 listed on the website)

Its also significantly harder. It takes me 5 minutes to kill the golem (during which, my avatar died 3 times). So overall it takes me 7 minutes to finish the quest, which is approx 2x longer than it took to finish ogit2. Yet im receiving less than 2x the gr points i got from ogit2

Ogit2 -> 3 minutes -> 17,500 points

Ogit3 -> 7 minutes -> 30,000 points

Problem is i have no way of getting stronger so that i could kill him faster. Im level 64 mage (staff, elemental), leonard (axe; command setup has only strike skills and he is set to 'go all out'), yulie (bow, divine; set to heal first)

With magic boost + electrocute (lowers wind resistance further) i do approx 1000 damage each time with lightning bolt.

I also cue up yulie to cast haste. Unfortunately, despite the fact that golem uses magic, yulie will always cast fortify before mana barrier)

And since magic causes enemies to aggro like crazy, my avatar is always being targeted.

I really wish it was possible to micromanage during quests (ie switch between characters)

Edit:

I tried arena 2 instead, but i was killed before i got a single attack off. Golem + 4 earth elementals. If Avatar dies its "quest over".

I was so looking forward to this but theres absolutely nothing i can do. Increasing gr wouldnt be too bad if i could manage these 2 new quests, but i cant so doing ogit2 until i reach rank 20is going to make me want to kill myself

Whats the point in ranking up when the strength of the enemies in these quests become too strong for me to beat? I mean i cant level up because of the cap, thus i cant get better equipment (which i clearly need), and without stronger equipment i cant rank up

ARRRRGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#10
You gotta be f***ing kidding me. Im doing best served cold 3, and i know that making the food is required for s-rank, but i decided to just kill big red and ignore the subquest part. I figured id still complete the quest and get decent gr points, but once again the neoseeker site made me hope it would be a decent amount of points, but once again, the points are significantly lower thanid expected (i know the points listed on the site are wrong)

This is what i got:

Completion bonus - 7,000 (site lists 24,500)
Time bonus - 0 ( i finished in 10 minutes and still didnt get any points; site lists 7,000)
Enemy bonus - 1,230 ( i just killed some enemies that were in my way on the way towards the boss)
Subquest bonus - 3,500 ( what the hell?? I didnt even do the subquest)

Total 11,730

Seriously, this is getting ridiculous. The least they could have done when they took the servers down was undo the changes they made to wkc2 ( via an updated version) so that the skill points went back to the original, instead, they made it 2x worse for fans of this game by removing online play AND butchering the gr points received from quests
  • Topic Archived