• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. skills guide/questions

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#11
god i hate fighting in those f***ing stupid knight machines.

i just got killed by the black knight in greydall plains. 2 on 1 and my stupid ass knights need to be micromanaged (obviously because the stupid programmers of this game f***ing suck at making an AI)

regardless of who i control, the other refuses to f***ing heal himself. So twice now i died (one while controlling ceasar, the other leonard). Each time, its the AI controlled character that dies and causes the battle to end ....

... which is another load of f***ing s***, cause last i checked you goddamn mother f***ing stupid programmers, i STILL HAD A CHARACTER ALIVE TO FIGHT WITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

apparently im not the only one who thought this battle was f***ing bulls***

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974870-white-knight-chronicles-ii/59433104

and someone explain to me why the f*** we cant attack the black knight (or any machine) when they are "knocked down"?????

Every time i knock the black knight down, both my knights cant attack. All areas (leg, head, etc) are greyed out until the Black Knight gets back on his feet.

what IDIOT programmed that? Isnt it supposed to be an ADVANTAGE when you knock the enemy down?????
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#12
i swear to god everything in this game pisses me off. Why the f*** doesnt the game allow things to FIT in the georama when they CLEARLY HAVE TONS OF SPACE!!!!

-its not touching anything else
-there is enough space to walk around the buildings
-yet its STILL f***ING RED!!

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#13
once again i couldnt find this info anywhere:

every thread ive read says that you gain 4 skill points per level, but my Scardigne just leveled up (49->50) and his skill points went from 11->19

i even reloaded prior to leveling up to double check, and sure enough, he gained 8 skill points

i thought maybe the player gets a bonus at level 50, but despite there being some 20,600 threads for this series, NOBODY has mentioned this

EDIT: same thing just happened with my avatar. She went from level 51->52 and her skill points went from 20->28

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#14
another goddamn f***ing game over against a Interruptus Boss fight!!!

The sun king battle after receiving the Philosopher's insignia. Seriously this is such f***ing bulls***. the stupid useless f***ing walkthrough says:

Luckily we don't have to fight him for very long. And your moves only cost half the usual MP. Just stay healed. When Leonard joins, just use his regular Slash as it has no MP cost in this battle. If you've leveled him up to 5, he's actually overpowered. When the Sun King powers up and turns red, quickly hit Triangle to do the Turn Break, and continue to use Slash.

REALLY?

I cant even get my heals off in time. All i did was spam healers soul with ceasar but i was getting hit for over 500 with an attack before i could cast it. Then i had <200 HP left right after that attack and was spamming healers soul to heal, but he got an attack in before me and killed me.

it took the sun king less than a minute to f***ing kill me, while stupid useless Moon Maiden just sat there hitting him for a useless f***ing 70 damage.

God i f***ing hate these stupid ass boss fights with the f***ing incorruptus. They are so f***ing useless

EDIT: i just read some threads, and apparently this battle isnt winnable?? so why doesnt the stupid s*** ass walkthrough say to defend and heal? No she says to f***ing attack him?

she also says Level 5 is overpowered? Are you f***ing kidding me? Im level 6 and im getting slaughtered.

User Info: djruden

djruden
1 year ago#15
FinalFLuver posted...
i gotta say, ive played a lot of games with s*** AI control, but this one is ridiculous. Like i mentioned before, the most annoying is their refusal to use an attack type (thrust, slash, strike) that the enemy is weak against

Do you have the skills you want them to use set up on their bar? I think if there's certain things you want them to use then you could limit their choices to that. I didn't count on AI too much. I believe you can switch characters if there's a certain skill you want them to do and just do it yourself too.

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#16
djruden posted...
Do you have the skills you want them to use set up on their bar? I think if there's certain things you want them to use then you could limit their choices to that. I didn't count on AI too much. I believe you can switch characters if there's a certain skill you want them to do and just do it yourself too.

my AI is set up to cover all 3 of the attack types (thrust, strike, and slash), 1 for each command bar. That way, if i want to switch to them i have access to weaknesses for all enemies.

ive read tones of threads, and the AI was never properly programmed to target an enemies weak spot the way there were in FFXIII for example.

Im getting SOOOOO frustrated with this game, in particular, the fact that Online is no longer playable. I bought this game thinking i could ignore the online aspect, but considering my personality, i get frustrated with repetitive grinding that Offline requires.

currently (story wise) im about to head to RedHorn Isle, so i figured i would do some quests to take a break from the story. Im level 54, but im only level 14 GR. The quests are all geared towards Online. Offline requires significantly more grinding for these quests, and S ranking the quests that give the most GR/EXP is not even possible offline.

i tried doing Demithor in Peril, but it takes way too long, and its impossible to S rank Solo, so instead i tried Only Game In Town 2, (simply kill the first giant, then quit), but that only give 13,000 GR. If im not mistaken (based on the link below), it takes around 30 million+ GR (cumulative) to get from GR14->GR26

http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/Guild_Rank_Quests_(WKC2)

i dont see how any sane person can get there playing Offline, so as a result, im VERY upset.

Thank you for ignoring my rants in this thread while still being nice to me in your comment. Im sure a lot of people would see all of my posts and instantly get upset with me.

User Info: djruden

djruden
1 year ago#17
I'm just happy to see someone playing WKC2. I have fond memories playing it but it was years ago. I basically stopped playing BECAUSE online was shut down. It was my first and one of 2 platinum trophies I've earned on PSN.

I do remember playing online quests at times to help me sort of grind my level up and get better equip which helped me finish the later, harder parts of the game. So I'm sure it is a lot more difficult without online.

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#18
djruden posted...
I'm just happy to see someone playing WKC2. I have fond memories playing it but it was years ago. I basically stopped playing BECAUSE online was shut down. It was my first and one of 2 platinum trophies I've earned on PSN.

I do remember playing online quests at times to help me sort of grind my level up and get better equip which helped me finish the later, harder parts of the game. So I'm sure it is a lot more difficult without online.

ya, im specifically frustrated because im LOVING this game. The fact that Offline pretty much makes a roadblock for completing a lot of the quests pisses me off.

i want to fight bosses, find items, get drops, create stronger equipment, level up, unlock more quests, etc, etc ...... but how can i do that offline? I cant.

i just calculated how long it would take me to reach GR 26 provided i was doing OGIT over and over.

considering i play for about 6 hours a day, and kiling 1 giant and quitting takes me about 5-6 minutes (load times included), it would take me 39 days of non-stop OGIT to accumulate the 30+ million GR needed

i just dont think i can play this game anymore. However, i dont think i would have been able to play it even when the online community was active, and thats because i heard freezing was an issue, and a lot of people attributed it to the online activity. I know some people didnt have this issue, but i can guarantee i would have because i have terrible luck not only in video games, but life in general

so either way, i feel this game was inevitably going to depress me in the end

ive been running this game for the past 2 hours, and i havent done anything but stare at the screen. I just dont know what to do because i feel like no matter what i do now, i get nowhere (ie progress wise)

FinalFLuver
1 year ago#19
djruden posted...
I didn't count on AI too much. I believe you can switch characters if there's a certain skill you want them to do and just do it yourself too.

i forgot to mention, but in quests, you can't switch to the AI characters. So only your avatar is controllable, and the other 2 characters are permanently set to AI control

i gave up on this game today. Like i said, without online play, the game becomes ridiculously tedious. If i have to spend 10x the amount of time grinding for GR/EXP than the average ONLINE player, then its not worth playing offline imo

User Info: drmaster2

drmaster2
1 year ago#20
djruden posted...

Holy crap it was my first platinum as well. You think we could have picked anything easier to start with?!
PSN: takeshikitano3
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. skills guide/questions
  • Topic Archived