skills guide/questions

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. skills guide/questions

User Info: FinalFLuver

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#1
can someone explain to me what pprincess is talking about in her Skill tree list when she refers to Passive Augments?

i assumed it meant that if you purchase the skill, then your stats increase by said amount, but that isnt happening.

for example, i wrote down my stats prior to purchasing a skill:

HP = 104
SP = 37
ATK = 26
DEF = 25
MAG = 10
RES = 10
STR = 14
VIT = 14
INT = 10
SPR = 10
AGI = 11
DEX = 11

then i purchased the Short Sword Skill Helm Buster (#6 in the guide), but my HP didnt increase by 1 like i assumed it would considering pprincess wrote:

HP UP 1: 2, 5, 6, 9, 21, 61 = 7 SP.

so then i tried equipping the skill on my command line, but my HP still didnt go up.

so i have no idea what passive augments are?

also, why cant some skills be used in combos despite havent enough space (ie sonic edge)
Girls play video games too you know ;)

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#2
i figured out the passive skills. The sticky was really helpful.

does anyone know which tactic to put my Yulie on if i want her to DeBuff the enemy?

I have her on "Heal First", and she has been doing good with the healing thus far, but whenever i want to use Molify on the enemy, or Fortify on an ally, i need to switch to her and manually cast it.

i know some games have bad AI's, and ive read that this one is pretty bad in that regards. I dont mind switching to Yulie manually to cast it, but im new to this game so if there IS a way to have her cast buffs and debuffs on her own, that would be preferable.

i read in this thread that R1+Square/Triangle works

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974870-white-knight-chronicles-ii/63444894

however, is there an "order" or something in which Yulie buffs/debuffs? I wanted her to cast Mollify, but when i pressed R1+O, she started casting Fortify instead

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#3
God the AI sucks in this game. Seriously im getting sick and tired of my AI not using attacks that the monsters are weak to.

I mean, they attack an enemy and yellow/orange numbers appear indicating that the enemy is weak to that type of attack, then the very next attack (same enemy) they use a different type??

i can understand not know BEFOREHAND, but once you hit the enemy with his weakness, then CONTINUE TO DO SO!!

also, how the hell do i access the blocked off area in Flanador Trail? Its the area just prior to reaching the North Exit. It is blocked by Blue Crystals. This area apparently leads to a few chests (C2, and D3)

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#4
if anyone knows how to get a STRIKE attack for my White Knight Incorruptus, id like to know.

i just fought a boss and he was weak to strike but the White Knight only has slash and thrust??

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#5
i keep getting my goddamn ass handed to me whenever i fight in those stupid knight machines.

i just fought the dark knight in the cave on balandor plains (saved setti) and i died again, just like the last stupid knight battle.

except this time i was fighting with 2 knight machines and thought i had the advantage. He had practically no HP left and ceasars knight (which i was controlling) died. Despite the fact that Leonards knight was still fighting the battle, i got a f***ing game over screen???

i swear the enemies that you are forced to fight in the stupid knight machines are cheap as f***. The black knight used an attack on me that practically took all my HP away and paralyzed me for a few seconds, which gave him enough time to finish me off

-im level 24
-my incorruptus' are level 2 (cant increase any further cause i havent come across any level 4 pearls)
-Leonard has the Sword of Malice (found in greede underbelly)
-both of them have some gems as well (basically anything that i had the part to create)

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#6
God the AI is abysmal in this game.

I read that it is just best to put a "physical" AI character on "Go all out", but ive been watching Leonard fight while on this tactic setup, and the ONLY skill he uses is Assault Thrust.

thats it!! Regardless if the enemy is weak or strong to thrust attacks.

Is there no way to make a character use combos??

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#7
stupid AI refuses to follow me over small cliffs, they constantly take the LONG way around every goddamn area forcing me to either stop and wait for them, or risk moving on and running into a group of enemies ALONE. Ive done this before, hoping that when a battle triggers that the AI would appear, but they didnt, they remain miles away. So im forced to stop moving and wait for them every time i jump off a short cliff

i gotta say, ive played a lot of games with s*** AI control, but this one is ridiculous. Like i mentioned before, the most annoying is their refusal to use an attack type (thrust, slash, strike) that the enemy is weak against ....... so f***ing stupid

i guess its my own fault for having certain expectations for an Online game. I mean, this game is actually intended to be played online, so the creators probably didnt give a s*** about the AI, since that is for offline play (either that or they are just incompetent programmers)

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#8
stupid game wouldnt let me quit a quest.

i thought i was strong enough to do "King of the Polkan's" since it said it was level 31+ requirement (im level 32), but i was getting NOWHERE with this quest.

The 4 little polkan enemies you need to fight before the boss kept healing so i had no way to kill them (clearly 31+ isnt correct)

i read the only way to quit a quest is to go to the save crystal and select "abort mission", but this stupid quest wont let me run towards the save crystal (invisible barrier around where i was fighting, so i couldnt leave the area)

so i had to press the PS button and quit the damn game entirely. What f***ing idiot made it such that you cant quit a quest (or at the very least, block you from reaching the crystal in order to quit)

apparently nobody has ever asked about this since the only responses i read about were to reach the save crystal. Like i said, there was no way to reach it, as there was an invisible barrier around the fight area that prevented me from running towards the crystal at the beginning of the area

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#9
There seems to be a lot of info for this game on the Neoseeker website, yet i have a crap time finding answers to my questions.

i wanted to know what was the point in maxing a particular skill tree. I found this thread:

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974870-white-knight-chronicles-ii/65365382

so from what i gather, there are particular weapons that you can only equip if the related skill tree is maxed? Is there anything else??

what about skill trees like Divine and Elemental? What does maxing those give you?

i cant find my answer anywhere online

FinalFLuver
4 months ago#10
God im sick and tired of Yuli constantly using MULTI-target healing.

i cant tell you how often i see healing values of;

0, 0, 180
0, 0, 194,
etc
etc

use the SINGLE target heals you stupid AI. Its such a waste of MP to use the multi when only ONE person needs to be healed.

NOTE: i have both single target and multi target heals (of all strengths) on every command line too

Eldore was in critical health, and instead of using HEAL III (to fully heal him), she used +HEAL II (to marginally heal the party .... which wasnt needed)

i know ive complained about the AI already, but seriously, how bad were these game programmers that they made the AI soooooo bad? Ive played games with bad AI, but i honestly think this is the worst one.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. skills guide/questions

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived