• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. Avatar's story final chapter beaten ( jp )

User Info: Golden_Fiddle

Golden_Fiddle
2 years ago#1
This is completely ridiculous if one has to compare avatar story 9 to story 10. The difficulty raised to a unbelievably tough level and it's no doubt the most difficult thing to play in the whole game.

My setup is avatar bow + 2 npc mages. Position yourself in a corner such that only the left boss ( the boss deals physical dmg ) will possibly targeting on you, this is the most important skill after all. Throw items / panacea to keep npc alive and healthy. If you can keep them not dead then the quest is pretty much beatable. Another vitally important thing is always casting fatigue on the boss and probably +fortify on your npcs if you hv the spare hand, you're going to have a so much easier time by doing it.

When the boss emerges with its 3rd form it will charge up for a very nasty killer move. Hitting by it means instant dead and removal of all beneficial status ( including lifestone ). My way of dealing with it is to do 5k to 6k dmg on its chest ( which is weak to thrust dmg ) OR 7ac knight up to interrupt the boss.

The orcs foes spawn infinitely so it's not recommended to kill them all. Only kill them when you have the spare hand. Equip npcs with the best heavy armors you can and set one of them to cast eclipse gate and the other for +apocalyse. The boss at the right will do status effect attack so ready a full batch of ward chime and panacea is absolutely needed.

Even though i still need luck since the boss has no fixed pattern for switching forms. At one lucky attempt it only switches to the killer move form twice before beaten up by my npcs. Once the left boss is done, the right boss is a lot easier to finish.

The nighmare has then began. I found there 2 more quests called the power of salvation 1 & 2 after clearing the story 10. I have to give up since the bosses there are having too much HP and i will run out of items, no matter however many times i tried

User Info: bcdesjardin

bcdesjardin
2 years ago#2
congratulations on making as far as you did
PSN: bcdesjardin

User Info: SuperZay

SuperZay
2 years ago#3
It's indeed a hard quest (we couldn't finish it with 3 GR40+ players once when someone needed a clear). And it doesn't have difficulty adjustment based on number of participants like previous avatar quests, you fought easier versions of these solo.
Someone on jp wiki says Power of Salvation I can be soloed as well, but II (GR 50 version) can't. Part one (GR40) drops Edea Codes too at lower rate so you dont really need GR50.

There are many new GR26-40 quests, did you tried to solo these? Some of them like GR28 Big Red are easy. I also was farming GR28 Flanders Trail quest for blues quite comfortably before dropping the game around that time.
Karma is just like all religious nonsense, made up to make idiots feel better.

User Info: Golden_Fiddle

Golden_Fiddle
2 years ago#4
Yea there's too many gr26+ quests and i'm too busy to try them out atm. Completing avatar story quests has spent up most of my time honestly. The gr28 big red quest is an excellent source for chromium / guardian gem lv.2, hp & mp potions V, and gr pts too. I hv been grinding it ( 6 to 7 mins per run ) mostly since gr28 and by the time i got enough gems and potions, my GR has been raised a lot. Thanks to the x5 multiplier ( only for S rank ) i'm gr42 now.

Currently working on "guardian of the ancient temple 2" ( which offers blue items to bind the dragon killer series weapons ) and "hidden vellgander floor 2" ( that gives blue for the gigas slayer weapons, too bad it can only be imbued with ice, but +20% functional pt is highly useful )

I found that i'm still learning new things i didn't know before. For example in the gr38 "king of king" polkan quest, the 20mp spear move "omega strike" can be used to interrupt the polkan maid and polkan queen from casting a nasty healing spell ( +9999 hp, which is impossible to beat ). That even axe's deathdrive or LS's deadly fang can't do. No wonder i keep dying in that quest, before figuring out how to do it properly. I just want to beat the difficult version of it to unlock a powerful 1h axe / cleaver from my weapon binding list.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. Avatar's story final chapter beaten ( jp )
  • Topic Archived