• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. How to utilize any class playable this game has to offer

User Info: theshoveller

theshoveller
8 years ago#41
Dumb question - the skills listed in the Shortsword category - I'm assuming those are what you recommend throwing on your skillbar, right? Just want to make sure, since I don't have some of those set to the bar and have a few other things in its place.

Thanks.

User Info: GrayFox2510

GrayFox2510
8 years ago#42
Thanks for the post, will keep this in mind for future reference.
Contributor Name: Gray Fox

User Info: Rappull

Rappull
8 years ago#43
It's all a reference to what you COULD do. Do take in mind that some skills can be overdone to have them ALL set on your command bar, as you should play to adjust to what monster you are going to encounter as a boss. Also, if you use the guide, keep on reading about what other players found to be useful too, as their information is made out of a lot of experience. Hope you can use any info out of this topic. Happy gaming!
WKC2: Romyo - Axe/Bow/Divine & LS for Funz (^_~)y
PSN: Rappull .. now, go go gooo!

User Info: starchildseim

starchildseim
8 years ago#44
Basic help is ok , but , people please find your own path ,, tha last thing we need in geonet is one way mentality machinery attitude . Be unique , and be happy !
GR 27 SONYA , HOLY & KATANA . == ID : starchild ==
I am HAPPY MANGO !! BRRRRR !!!

User Info: Aeizzah

Aeizzah
8 years ago#45
well from what i understand so far (do tell if i'm wrong), Teslavi is more concerned on utilising overall usage of 760 skill points (only after 4 times rebirth) available for the avatar, to have a considerable balance of attacking, supporting, buffing/debuffing skills and also having maximum stats. honestly, i also prefer this way,
as i unlocked only certain skills for stats up (like elemental, only up to 3rd tier elemental spells for mp and int up, still those 3rd tier skill is still useful and powerful enough, without having to use ac), but there stats up skills which i don't prefer learn cause its not worth it.

but bear in mind we play this game online most of the times, and teamwork is essential. therefore having certain powerful skills which requires more sp is also essential, and it depends more on what weapons you use and playstyles and the importance of who is needed in the quest. and that's why Rapull's information on skill guides is also useful.
it would be bad if we were to have all axe users in one quest, especially high rank quests like vellgander, even if all have maximum stats or sufficient divine skills.

sometimes stats up skills need to be sacrificed in order to gain more useful skills, even though those skills requires you use much more mp and ac. if you like being a mage than i suggest you learn most of the elemental, divine and staff skills based on Rapull's guide. this is because being a mage means you are useful when fighting against weak elemental's and also you are the fastest when it comes to heal and support. furthermore if dlc patch were to release, elemental skills will be upgraded as such there's increase in damage on non-elemantal magic (heard from a friend who knows a lot on japanese version wkc ii, hope it was right).

and also we need to take into account what if in 6 man quests, such as in vellgander section 6+, 2 or 3 people were disconnected, especially in 4th or 5th floor (people might abort but my team usually don't), what can we do? this is where teamwork is essential. for me 3-4 people is enough even in vellgander section 10
(providing one must transform into knight when boss lol), if there's good teamwork, and thats why to have a good teamwork means each persons must have access to certain skills others don't have.

what i'm trying to say is we don't need to be somewhat greed to learn so many skills just to use four weapons, just to get ourself satisfied then in a while you will get bored. be what we like to be, and what most players don't (they will find that they need you), then you'll find yourself more useful, believe me^^.
all classes is important, and will be much more important if we are lucky enough to get dlc patch which improves classes such as sword, longsword, elemental, and spear. hope this is useful, though its not much. its just an opinion.

wkc ii eu: Peja, gr 27- bow/staff(more on support)/spear(tanker/supporter/attacker) having max str int and mp up skills.

User Info: Anodyne11

Anodyne11
8 years ago#46
Thanks for this :)
Just got my copy yesterday so not sure what I wanted to go as but I think I might go for sword/bow/divine.
Valkyria Chronicles is the best RPG this gen!
Official Ultimecia of the Dissidia 012: Duodecim boards

User Info: Scion_Machina

Scion_Machina
8 years ago#47
I swear,this game's multiplayer has some real balance issues if all the parties I see are Mage,Axe,and Bows only.
Let this be a lesson kids. When debating,solve your disagreements not with words but by screaming,"I am a man!!!!" and punching them in the gut.

User Info: KainDjinn

KainDjinn
8 years ago#48
Do the classes make a huge difference if I plan on playing mostly offline? I happen to rather like spears. :P (I'm also in WKC 1 right now...)
"Now we have supermarkets, bottled water, and .39 caliber home security." - Silent Hil: Shattered Memories
GamerTag: Kain Djinn PSN: mlsterben

User Info: Zeran_kariashi

Zeran_kariashi
7 years ago#49
Anything is viable for the story mode. The game is pretty easy. It's only the higher rank quests of the 2nd game that would give you trouble as your NPCs are dumb.

Though...truthfully, just about anything can be viable, but most people you find in randoms expect everyone to be min/maxed experts so they can speed run stuff for loot in the shortest time possible, which with the current imbalances between weapon classes means basically axe for melee, bow for support/damage, mage for aoe/ranged/support. Everything else is considered lackluster due to bad balance between weapon groups. Even if you're top geared and play 100% perfect a longsword will never beat an equal axe, or even a slightly inferior one. And swords are simply outclassed in every way by any other weapon (Mage deals better magic, axe deals better melee damage, ranged sucks compared to bow or mage, spears/Incorruptus are better tanks).

Now supposedly when that patch comes out, it's gonna be tweaking balance to try and make more weapon classes viable, so that the game climate isn't just Axe/bow/mage anymore.

Axes are getting nerf'd, Longswords getting buffed, spears getting buffed, some spells having their damage/cost tweaked (most importantly, Eclipse Gate is being made useful), elemental weapon attacks are getting fixed so they're actually useful (no more needing to carry 5 bows!) and treants shall fear Burning Slash!.

User Info: tomo012

tomo012
7 years ago#50
Axes are getting nerf'd, Longswords getting buffed, spears getting buffed, some spells having their damage/cost tweaked (most importantly, Eclipse Gate is being made useful), elemental weapon attacks are getting fixed so they're actually useful (no more needing to carry 5 bows!) and treants shall fear Burning Slash!.

And this is based on speculation or...?
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. How to utilize any class playable this game has to offer
  • Post New Message