• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. How to utilize any class playable this game has to offer

User Info: yankee6903

yankee6903
8 years ago#21
PSN: Houseof1kCorpzes GT:Housof1kCorpses
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative

User Info: Rappull

Rappull
8 years ago#22
It got stickied already, fast O_o

Anyhow, I hope players can use the things listed.
Anyone who still thinks something can be added or edited, please warn me =)

Happy gaming (^_~)y
WKC2: Romyo - Axe/Bow/Divine & LS for Funz (^_~)y
PSN: Rappull .. now, go go gooo!
(message deleted)

Rappull
8 years ago#24
Stupid me, I wanted to edit a post, but clicked on delete instead XD

So here goes the part I just deleted again, edited:

NOTES

- The classes listed above are placed in a way to show what classes are frequently used, from top to bottom. In no case does this imply you have to chose one of the top three listed. These classes are shown in this order to have those reading this info get to it quickly, without the need to scroll down a lot.

- The information as listed here is there to enhance the enjoyment throughout the gameplay, regardless of what class you use. Every class has its own pro’s and cons. The information only tells how to utilize the usage of the picked class. Which class you choose and on how to use it is all up to you.

- If you see a flaw or you have something to add to this topic which I have missed, message me so I can edit this topic with the needed information.

AT LAST…

This topic has come to an end and I hope this helps with playing the game strategically, but also in an enjoyable manner. Pick your preferable class with the help of all of the given information and…

Happy gaming! (^_~)y

This topic is now open to post any comments and/or questions

User Info: Teslavi

Teslavi
8 years ago#25
Raise II should probably never be used due to its obscene casting time. Carry revival salves instead if someone needs to be resurrected at full health.

It's debatable whether to use Smash or Tackle as an axe. Smash is a lot quicker, tackle does a slight bit more damage. I think Smash is better overall, though, and has the perk of not needing any MP. Besides, if you wanted damage, you'd be using Nightmare.

Sleep Tip has several uses as a bow. Also, I find it weird that you mention explosive expertise yet you don't mention Bolt Doubler. Or Focus. I realize that explosive expertise is a prerequisite, but its appearance in the list is inconsistent.

The 2 AC AoE spells for mage are a complete waste of both AC and MP and shouldn't really ever be learned. The 1 AC AoEs are more than potent enough. Also eclipse gate shouldn't be learned either. Or Final Apocalypse, by extension.

Raise II, again, shouldn't be listed like anywhere.

Assault Thrust is really bad for shortswords; it takes far too long to use. Windup thrust is better if you have the circle speed to use it repeatedly.

I'm fairly certain Raid and Sky Smasher are better choices for aerial attacks. I recently dropped shortsword from my build so I can't test it, but I'm like 98.5% sure. They're +3 attacks compared to Downcast/Downfall's +2.

Arm Breaker and Shield Breaker shouldn't be used; use fatigue/mollify instead.

Twin Charge isn't worth learning. I don't think Twin Edge is either but it does alright when at low health (which you shouldn't be lingering at as a shortsword, heal thyself)

Not sure why you list Waterfall on longsword's section yet you don't list Earth Jolt in Axe's section. They both serve the same purpose. Consistency, please.

Pretty sure Gliding Lance and Air Stinger are better spear aerial options, for reasons similar to shortsword.

No mention of Faultless Defense for spear? Also, why would you use Dauntless Charge instead of Sonic Javelin?

Also, I don't see how spears have slow turns? They're easily the second fastest class in the game, with fantastically efficient skill animations.
WKC2 EU: Coil, GR26 Mage sympathizer
PSN: Teslavi

Rappull
8 years ago#26
@Teslavi Where were you a few hours ago, I can't seem to edit this post anymore now, as your additional info is very useable.

Also, everything listed from Axe and Bow are directly copied from YucheeEL's video link, so I didn't add much to it (with the exception of Blind Swing).

For the other classes I listed moves worth mentioning, maybe some are left out, some unnecessary, as I may have rushed thru things a bit. I also listed some additional info for some classes, so that's why it may seem inconsistent compared to what is posted about Axe or Bow for example. I also rushed things thru Spear a bit I guess and I haven't played Spear as much as LS and Mage, so...yeah.

Anyway, I just hope anyone reading this topic also sees your additional info, as it's useable indeed and contributes to some flaws I did or did not list in this topic. Thanks for that.

User Info: void03

void03
8 years ago#27
^Rappull - you probably already know this, you got one hour to edit after posting it. but if you know already ignore this xD

Useful thread to new comers.
I shall leave a link to the wiki and see if any information on there can help you like add more stuff to it or whatever.

http://whiteknightchronicles.neoseeker.com/wiki/White_Knight_Chronicles_II

But you should note that which skills are aquired through resident quests (ie. fates/angels favor), in case people think its already available.

But other than that, keep up the good job! Hopefully see you around if we pass by each other.
PSN: void03 | WKC2: Riku | WKC:O : Riku03

Rappull
8 years ago#28
@void03 Yup I knew, that's why I wished Teslavi was here a few hours earlier haha!

Newcomers can have a look and see, generally. That was the purpose of this topic in the first place. But any additional info is welcome of course.

And oh yeah sure, I hope we do ^__^

User Info: Teslavi

Teslavi
8 years ago#29
Yeah, well maybe you should have asked me before making a guide?!?!?!?!
WKC2 EU: Coil, GR26 Mage sympathizer
PSN: Teslavi

User Info: kobecrossover

kobecrossover
8 years ago#30
"The 2 AC AoE spells for mage are a complete waste of both AC and MP and shouldn't really ever be learned."

The fire 2AC AOE has its use, you can pass up on the others though. It will 1 shot most small mobs in the game, especially those annoying GR26 succubus wraith summons.

A trick I use while running Vellander, is to activate stealth magic, round some mobs up and burn them all to crisp with a single spell. Saves a lot of time when you find yourself alone in a room.
WKC ID : King
http://www.youtube.com/user/KingWKC
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. How to utilize any class playable this game has to offer
  • Post New Message