• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. Wait, so you CAN'T continue to new story unless you finished the first game?

User Info: katsumotto

katsumotto
9 years ago#11
this is also not a surprise since theres NO wkc2 server on american servers too...., i dont see a reason why monkey is so upset=p, all this is predictable, i really feel sorry for you sol, but it doesnt make sense to play with american PSN on japanese psn

PS: cant you just load the game on a JPN PSN and make another save using that jpn and try import?

User Info: Neridia

Neridia
9 years ago#12
The game just arrived, a few minutes ago =D

hehe, my PSN is Asia, and I have been playing all my games on it, including JP WKC. Since there are 3 version of WKC that I saw, JP, US, EU, there are no Asia version there. And I didn't know then that Asia PS store has no goods related to WKC at all, just only knowledge that PS3 game can be pla on all region(but not the PS store, heh).

About the save though, you cannot copy the save from different PSN account and use it on another even on the same PS3. I already tried, lol, copy save from Asia PSN to JP PSN and the game won't allow you to load it up stating that I am not the owner of the save ^^;

So, basicaly, start all over again for me in JP version, sigh, gonna take hours to customize avatar agian - -
PSN1: Neridia - Shirokishi Monogatari (GR12 but quitted, may continue with HtK)
PSN2: Aidiren - White Knight Chronicles (GR7 still low but steady)

User Info: Koushin

Koushin
9 years ago#13
@Neridia

I feel bad for your situation, especially since you claim to know Japanese. To be honest though I'd (like Level-5) would of never thought of those kinds of players, since obviously they so few in numbers. Obviously, it wasn't a concern nor a priority. Still though, at least a non-JPN account block is more fair then say a total foreign-IP ban which would of restricted the whole importing community. That would of been far worse for players like you.

User Info: katsumotto

katsumotto
9 years ago#14
@Koushin

exactly what i said on other topic, i agree 100% with you

User Info: Neridia

Neridia
9 years ago#15
@Koushin, thanks ^^

I don't really mind that much now though, since starting new now will probably tutor me to their new system too. It's just that since I also play WKC US version on Asia PSN account too...this horror will also repeat when WKC2 US or EU comes out, so I thnk I will have to stick with JP version now and keep playing until FF14 is out or I got sick of WKC ^^;

The thing is, this game kinda overlook those with Asia PSN account. There are no goods relating to WKC in the store at all, except Little Big Planet.. Not sure why Asia PSN store has so little contents.
PSN1: Neridia - Shirokishi Monogatari (GR12 but quitted, may continue with HtK)
PSN2: Aidiren - White Knight Chronicles (GR7 still low but steady)

User Info: balmung59

balmung59
9 years ago#16

I have to buy my copy that is arriving at my local store in less than 10 hours and i'm so depressed by what happened to this game...

It's just not fair to make the first game usable on any country PSN account and lock the 2nd one to the JP PSN. Why ? Because foreign players are used to their own account since they could play on it and they're restricted to play on JP PSN, playing WKC 1 all over again, having to use the code to play online on the same account etc...

@ "why would you be so hardcore to play this game if you can't understand Japanese? PS: Making a JP PSN account is not that hard."

I can read kana and some kanji and i'm pretty sure i won't be too difficult to play online as it's just quests to spam all over again, reason i'm disappointed is i do like to platinum my games and playing on my JP PSN account (which i already created when i bought my PS3), will make me unable to earn trophies on my main account, that's mainly why i'm sad about this.

Oh well, i'll just register my copy and do like you, play it until FFXIV comes out and i'll be moving on, whenever they decide to release the US/International version, i'll play it on my main account, but it's okay, many good games coming out this year, including the last story on wii, i'll be busy either way.

Enjoy your gaming all, take care.

1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. Wait, so you CAN'T continue to new story unless you finished the first game?
  • Topic Archived