• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. Wait, so you CAN'T continue to new story unless you finished the first game?

User Info: MonkeyDLuffy

MonkeyDLuffy
9 years ago#1
And you can't even load up your save file from the first game with this even though the first game is on this as well? This is some real BS here, this means I've got to start all over again

"We've tried nothing and we're all out of ideas!" Ned Flanders' mom

User Info: balmung59

balmung59
9 years ago#2

Wait a second, i knew you had to have a clear data from WKC 1 to start WKC 2, but you can't use the WKC 1 clear data from the first released games ? You have to clear again the WKC 1 included with the 2nd one ? You better be kidding, this starts to be so stupid. Code usable once, cannot connect online unless you're on JP account and now, you'd have to do a whole playthrough of the first game ?

Level-5 sure ruined this for non-JP players x.x

User Info: Neridia

Neridia
9 years ago#3
No, from what I understand is...

1. You have to clear the game from the first WKC JP edition. You know, where you beat the last dungeon and have a chance to save the game and you will recieve a "star" next to your save.

2. Import this "star" save game and start playing episode 2 straight away.

3. If you don't have that "star" save, you have to start over from episode 1 which comes with this new game.
PSN1: Neridia - Shirokishi Monogatari (GR12 but quitted, may continue with HtK)
PSN2: Aidiren - White Knight Chronicles (GR7 still low but steady)

MonkeyDLuffy
9 years ago#4
Basically I got screwed by Level 5. I have a savefile from the first game where it's just before the final battle but I stopped playing because I had other things to do and sold the game eventually. I heard this game had the first game too do I thought 'oh good, I just need to boot up my savefile' but then I had a nasty surprise when I found out that it's not compatible with the second game. In any case, they should've included an option to let you start from the second story, no excuses for not doing so

User Info: balmung59

balmung59
9 years ago#5
I understand your feeling, we're pretty much screwed, even if i do have a clear data (or so i hope, i haven't checked but i know i've managed to beat the final boss), they ruined this game for us... Too bad i already preordered it, i'd have bought something else, what a waste of money...

User Info: Koushin

Koushin
9 years ago#6
Is this a real surprise though? They said in advance this game was being built around the sequel's engine. Yes it is already confirmed that the first game (which is improved with the sequel's engine) is included. That's because in Japan this game didn't sell as well as it should of and was mostly criticized by critics. Now, at least Famitsu has given the game a 33/40 and a Gold Award. Apparently the game has corrected the problems of the first game now. Don't mean to sound elitist or anything but just curious, why would you be so hardcore to play this game if you can't understand Japanese? PS: Making a JP PSN account is not that hard.

User Info: katsumotto

katsumotto
9 years ago#7
LOL nobody was screwed, EVERYONE knew the first game imbued in the second game was incompatible with the original first one, you should have finished the game before have selled it..., no surprises about that, the points is, we have to wait until they say how the second game's localization will be, if it will follow japanese version steps(which i really dont mind)

and even so, the first game(included on second one) is totally upgraded version, so no problem on playing it again(you can skip all cutscenes)

Neridia
9 years ago#8
Actually someone is screwed, like me because I finoshed the first game with a star next to my save readied to be imported into the second game. But level5 has to make it that you have to play the first game on JP PSN account in order to import the save file from the first game to play online. This is because the registration code from the WKC2 does not work other than JP PSN account.

And yes, I do understand JP, so import the game is not a problem, but this...becomes a problem.

MonkeyDLuffy
9 years ago#9
Wait, so you have to register as well JUST to import your character from the first game. This is getting more and more ridiculous. Seems like folks at L5 really have something against non Japanese gamers. I'm going to write a real angry letter to them, not that it'll change anything but they need to know that they're real jerks

Neridia
9 years ago#10
You will have no problem if you are using only the offline aspect though. You only need to register if you plan to play online...which is my objective ><.

I guess this could be the same when US or EU version comes out. US only work with US PSN, and EU on EU PSN...they might have screw the importer over...especially Asia - -

Guess I will have to start over ><
  1. Boards
  2. White Knight Chronicles II
  3. Wait, so you CAN'T continue to new story unless you finished the first game?
  • Topic Archived