• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza 4
  3. A few things I don't understand about that ending... (major spoilers)
The Silver Knight 3 years ago#1
God, it's so convoluted with all the betrayals and secret ambitions... I'll just do a list of questions.
I'm still not exactly sure what the motivations of Munakata, Arai, and Kido were. (i'll get to Daigo in a second). Was Arai who was a cop just trying to bring down munakata from the very beginning? If so why did he shoot Ihara in the beginning? Was he just working with Shibata/Katsuragi to bring them down? I still don't understand Munakata's ambition, something about controlling the underworld and all crime, and it somehow involved the Tojo clan and the Kamurocho Hill development deal. Was Kido's motivation as simple as "Saejima said if the chance comes as a Yakuza, you gotta grab it'? So he saw the money and wanted to give it to Daigo thereby rocketing him up in the ranks? And the whole Tojo clan being in a bad way, it's never explained why or how it happened, just 3/4 through the game it's stated that Tojo clan is in a bad way for some reason, and that's what gets Daigo involved. Is it really just that simple and it's kind of a poorly written story element? And finally, what was the deal with the Shibata family's involvement in the 1985 Ueno hit, what did Shibata stand to gain? Anyways sorry just trying to get out these thoughts, the finale always seemed really stupid to me, I was wondering if maybe I just didn't understand what was going on. I apologize for the bad grammar.
"I only want to feel some warmth, even from that which death would take from me." -Shinji/Kiseijuu
  1. Boards
  2. Yakuza 4
  3. A few things I don't understand about that ending... (major spoilers)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A