• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: SilverevoVIII

SilverevoVIII
8 years ago#1
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=BD19EEDBFCACA7C1
Xbox Tag: TodaysForgotten

User Info: Coreromancer

Coreromancer
8 years ago#2
Then you must have a lot of time on your hands, and too much motivation to play below average Arcade games. I can't see how much fun or challenge you can get from fighting the exact same enemy for over six segments of four to five minutes, much less learning what little technique you could adopt to beat the game without the loss of a life.

So you should be playing games like Left 4 Dead 2, Halo 3, Devil May Cry 4, etc. You know, games that aren't garbage.
- The number one Armored Core pilot -

SilverevoVIII
8 years ago#3
I didn't find the game hard and not at one point did i struggle to do this. I didn't spend hours playing it. As for your arguement. Some of the games you mention are trash. Just because i don't play them on xbox, doesnt mean I don't play them on PC. I'm a PC gamer. As for L4D. Playing the first one became extremely boring as every level you'd have a horde of zombie's storming up behind you. That's pretty repetitive. Infact, you could make the arguement that all FPS are repetitive. You fight the same enemies over and over on different levels. right?

SilverevoVIII
8 years ago#4
Also, you fight different enemies in 3 different cities. As is the core of FPS you fight new enemies with older enemies still appearing. 6 segments is to get the best qualitfy video on Youtube. I could have made 3 segments with grainy video. I prefer quality videos.

Coreromancer
8 years ago#5
That's a half-truth -- I never said repetition was the only factor that made 0 Day a bad game. And Left 4 Dead is a great series: please don't even begin to think for a second that this has anything that could rival it just so that you could make a half-truth off of something I implied.

What doesn't make any sense here is why you posted a link to a number of videos you made on your success in 0 Day if you indeed do deem it as an easy feat, since that would mean anyone shouldn't be impressed by that feat and anyone should be able to do what you did without regard to those videos because it's an easy one. Given how incredibly simple this game is it speaks for itself without any need for you to note it.

But good job in any case -- I sure wouldn't be willing to pull it off knowing what kind of stress I'd put myself under. And if you really felt that kind of conviction for a game of this quality I don't have any doubt you would feel the same way if you tried a few of the mainstream retail games like Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead 2. After all, there's nothing more fun than strategizing how to win in a conflict as a team than those two.

SilverevoVIII
8 years ago#6
I'm not defending 0day nor am i saying that its better than ___ game. I personally thought L4D wasn't that good and i'm sure im not the only one who thinks that. Yes, it was cool at first, but it was the same zombie rush up from behind me every level. At the very least you can't compare games in different genre's it's not fair. IE., madden is so much better than Halo because its football. On-the-other-hand, Counter-strike is better than L4D.

I never was a fan of halo or gears of war. I use to play a crapload of Counter-Strike. Much more realistic and much more strategy due to realism. So, I understand where you are coming from, but again I am not defending or arguing that 0day is better or worse.

The reason I posted a video is not everyone will find a game easy. Unlike what you said, because someone finds a game easy doesn't mean its true for others. You may be great in FPS and i may be great in shoot em ups. Just because you are great in FPS wouldn't you want to post a video showing your skillset or how to tackle a level that others deem impossible or hard given you had the capabilities to?

I'm not posting this to show people this game isn't hard for me. I want to show it is doable to beat the game without dying. It's also to help those or inspire who want to get the Gold Hammer Achievement. I happened to like this game. It wasn't a big deal for me.

Just to clarify and that we are both on the same page. It's about a 45 minute video sped up some on a few levels to lower the total time to a tad under 40. I split it up by city and in some cases in parts within that same city due to size. End result: 6 files of 1 complete run.

But you would put yourself through the frustration if the game were an FPS, or at the very least more of a go than say 0day or a game in that 0day genre. correct? If so, proves my what if scenario above and even if it doesn't you're more likely to put forth more effort because you like FPS.

I like this type of game. If you do or dont - I don't care nor does it matter. I'm not clear why you are here trying to not necessarily belittle me, but to downplay or dismiss a video because it is a game you don't approve of. I also am confused as to why you even bother looking over this forum, let alone posting in it if you disapprove of this game.

Coreromancer
8 years ago#7
Once again, half-truth. I never compared Left 4 Dead with 0 Day in any way; all that was said was Left 4 Dead, Halo 3, etc. are good games for reasons A - Z, and 0 Day is not anything close to good for reasons A - Z.

Ok, I understand your rationale for posting the videos, but you need to remember that the achievement for not dieing is secret, so a large percentage of the people who are actually playing the game won't search up those videos. And for those that do know of that secret achievement, probably 50% of them will have said no to it by the time they learn of the description because of the quality of the game they're playing and what they could rather be playing. Basically, you would need to be confident you'd have a crowd of people of low standards for your videos to be at all effective, but good work in any case.

And I'm not a particular fan of FPSs, it's just that there are a few good ones worth noting like Halo 3 and Left 4 Dead while I am still strongly interested in multiple other genres.

I just happened upon this forum to see how much reception, and what kind of reception, a game like this would be getting when I saw your post. So no reason to be confrontational.

SilverevoVIII
8 years ago#8
Ok, but you indirectly compared them. You said, I don't know why you'd waste your time when there are other better games. Then you named some. So, indirectly you explicitly implied that those games are better since the are more worthy of my time. Hey, lets be honest we all play games for different reasons and no ones opinion should change why you play games or sway you to like or not like something.

It's not about how much exposure i can get. There are tons of videos of good games that have very little views. If 2 people view my video and liked it or it helped them, so be it.

User Info: omanojyaku

omanojyaku
8 years ago#9
What is so great about L4D? Story? no Graphics? nothing special rest of the content? not really? Co-op? seen better

I have not given it a fair shot yet, but so far I am not as impressed as others.

The Halo franchise is overrated also. Good story and use of vehicles and its not bad for being on a consol. The gameplay is slow (compared to others) and it has been most of the same thing for the entire franchise.
GT: Amanojyaku.
  • Topic Archived