• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Skate 3
  3. Skater XL

User Info: PunkSmurf

PunkSmurf
10 months ago#1
What's good, GFAQsCrew?

Still ain't dead yet? Awesome.

Just curious if anyone grabbed Skater XL yesterday and how they're feeling about it. I did, and have to say for an indie team they've got a *killer* starting point for what could be something rad. My first session last night took me back to the demo days of OG Skate. I remember how intuitive the controls felt, and yet it took me a lot of effort to do something like a smith grind. I didn't get too much into playing with the replay editor, but it seems like it's pretty okay, too.

Happy fakeskating, fellers. I'm going to post up for "the crew" on the XL XBONE board because that's how I roll... And if the dead message boards say much not many other people do the same.

Cheers!
PunkSmurf: Nudging the envelope of censorship since 9/12/2001

User Info: djskild

djskild
10 months ago#2
Hey DV got it early on Steam during development build. Not sure how it plays on the console but I still need them to work on the physics engine. There is a lot of mods on the PC to help with things like that.
Why do they always run away? It's the galoshes. Why do I wear them? It's not even raining out.

PunkSmurf
10 months ago#3
I tried Session instead of XL on Steam and really couldn't get with the controls. Curious to see what the beta and console releases would be like side by side, as the console version of XL seems okay, but I don't know if it's an improvement or I'm just stoked on my new toy.

I'm crossing my fingers things from the PC release trickle into the console versions, as the stat menu looks dope. I kinda figure with the user maps being included that other mods could be a realistic possibility.

I spent almost an hour sessioning a flat bar last night. Haven't had this kind of fakeskating fun in a long, long time.

Could be the beginning of something awesome, if nothing else, it'll kill the time until Skate 4 (or whatever) comes out.

User Info: bat420man

bat420man
10 months ago#4
Been playing for a few days now. I cant get used to the controls for s***. Keep trying to steer with the sticks and it makes me do tricks. I am not a fan of the way you move around at all. I do however like the control while doing tricks. I can literally stall a wall on the side of my board and stand on it, just cause of the way you can lift both feet. Pretty much endless possibility. Just boring as all hell getting there.

If any one wants the game, let me know, I'll upload it. No cracks, no funny s***, just install and play.
"If I had a million dollars, I'd still be broke"
http://www.youtube.com/user/GothamKnightsinc

PunkSmurf
10 months ago#5
Hope you wind up getting into it, Bats. It'd be rad to see what you'd produce.

I just got a good enough feel to start stacking some clips a couple nights ago, and the camera is just finally starting to work for me. Been a really long time since it's felt this good to fakeskate. Makes me wish I could still play video games 3-5 hours on a weekday. To say the least, it's gonna take a good while to get my first montage together.

User Info: bat420man

bat420man
9 months ago#6
Been playing a lot of Skater XL almost finished all of the challenges, only like 6 left. Started Tony Hawk a couple days ago. All these made me do is hook back up my 360, it's so hard to enjoy these when I have the best just sitting there. See you all soon on the Tube!
"If I had a million dollars, I'd still be broke"
http://www.youtube.com/user/GothamKnightsinc
  1. Boards
  2. Skate 3
  3. Skater XL
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A