Does anybody NOT have a problem with the physics?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
  3. Does anybody NOT have a problem with the physics?

User Info: boardrboy69

boardrboy69
7 years ago#1
Cuz I feel really bad for Sega and Sonic Team cuz it feels like I am the only fan who enjoys the effort they put into this game. I have never encountered the "issues" I keep hearing about, maybe its because as a kid I always held down the direction I was going in anyway and never noticed this "drop dead" physics problem. They physics problems people are having took me all of 2 stages to get used to, and I don't hate it. I have a couple problems with the game, but none are stemming from my inability to control Sonic.

Rock on Sega! Rock on Sonic Team! Keep these puppies coming and you'll keep getting my cash dollars! (Dollaz?)

P.S. Upon proofreading, I do have ONE gripe about Sonics movement in that he pulls outta the ball when dropping. Miss being able to fall an insane amount and then BAM! hit an unseen enemy and instead of falling to my death like I thought, bounce right up back to where I was. That was the poo imho.
Have you ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight? Wakarimasu ka?!

User Info: Sticky_Tails

Sticky_Tails
7 years ago#2
This game has no effort put into it.

User Info: mtpfreak

mtpfreak
7 years ago#3
For the most people, the people who wouldn't have a problem, probably never played any previous 2D sonic games.
Even Sonic Rush Adventure understood that you don't suddenly drop speed after jumping.

This game has no effort put into it.

This, it feels like they did the bare minimum to make a "Sonic game", like they met the criteria, and stopped there.
My Flipnote Gallery
http://flipnote.hatena.com/RupeeClock/my

User Info: captaincool88

captaincool88
7 years ago#4
^i didnt have a problem with this one, and grew up with those games, any other theories?^
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs/Kelly Kelly Klan

User Info: BrownsM1

BrownsM1
7 years ago#5
I haven't even played the game yet and I don't have a problem with the physics. just by watching gameplay videos I can tell that it's EXACTLY like the original games besides the homing attack. I've been seeing some people saying "Sonic doesn't regain his speed very fast after being hit" or something like that. I just played two of the original games and it's the exact same way so I don't see why people are complaining. heck in the originals Sonic could barely get up a slight slope unless you backtracked just so he could pick up speed.
http://m1clan.co.cc (in construction)
MWReflex FC: 4994-0070-9017

User Info: Tzuba12

Tzuba12
7 years ago#6
I think its just nostalgia with you people. I played s3k when i was younger all the time and I love this game. You guys just cant be pleased at all so you should just stop playing
MH3: Chronos
E3 was basically Nintendo teabagging both Sony and Microsoft.

BrownsM1
7 years ago#7
question. will you all quit complaining if they remade this with Genesis graphics?

User Info: DiogenesKC

DiogenesKC
7 years ago#8
I haven't even played the game yet and I don't have a problem with the physics. just by watching gameplay videos I can tell that it's EXACTLY like the original games besides the homing attack.
Are you ****ting me? You think, having not played the game, you're a better judge of the game than the people who actually have?

I think its just nostalgia with you people. I played s3k when i was younger all the time and I love this game. You guys just cant be pleased at all so you should just stop playing
Stop being a ****ing coward and try paying attention to what people are saying instead of building up strawmen so you can rationalize them away.

question. will you all quit complaining if they remade this with Genesis graphics?
Congratulations, you've managed to miss the point entirely.
Number of people who have called me The King: 13

User Info: Electric_Sonic

Electric_Sonic
7 years ago#9
the physics are pretty ****ed up and they cause significant problems, there's not really any denying that

i don't think they completely destroy the game or anything but they sure as hell make it worse than it could've been
http://brawlinthefamily.com/

BrownsM1
7 years ago#10
@Knux Chao

I'm not missing the point at all. I'm just making fun of everyone complaining about stupid things.
  1. Boards
  2. Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode I
  3. Does anybody NOT have a problem with the physics?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived