• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Okamiden
  3. Cant slash the lanterns!!!!

User Info: Tygar128

Tygar128
9 years ago#1
I cant slash the lanterns after the first training room/space...anyone know why? and how i can get past that?

User Info: illusionturtle

illusionturtle
9 years ago#2
It's a supposed Anti-Piracy measure. Either you don't have a patched version, or your game screwed up. Probably the first though, since I've not heard of complains from legit players.
Now Playing : Okami (8th Run [Oni Castle ]) | Okamiden (DS, 5th Run [9M.A] ) |

User Info: No1Inparticular

No1Inparticular
9 years ago#3
I'm not sure if you pirated the game or not, but if you did, please buy the game. This series really needs all the support it can get, and piracy sure doesn't help the chances of a sequel happening.
Not changing until a third Okami game is announced.

User Info: Scgamer159

Scgamer159
9 years ago#4
I don't think that slashing the lanterns is necessary because on my new run I could go by it without slashing them.

User Info: illusionturtle

illusionturtle
9 years ago#5
With the AP, I think Kuni disappears as well.
Now Playing : Okami (9th Run | Okamiden (DS, 5th Run) | BLEACH Blade Battlers 2nd |

User Info: No1Inparticular

No1Inparticular
9 years ago#6
Scgamer159 posted...
I don't think that slashing the lanterns is necessary because on my new run I could go by it without slashing them.

I always got he impression that a pirated version of the game forced you to "attempt" to cut the lanterns by locking the screen in position or something, though I wouldn't know as I'm not a pirate.
Not changing until a third Okami game is announced.

User Info: skytraveler

skytraveler
9 years ago#7
I think it's clever how they did that, since it forces pirates to unknowingly expose themselves here.

Sort of off-topic, and I'm not advocating piracy, but I think people really need to cool off on the sales aspect of this game. Once a company ships the amount of games they chose to ship to a store, they've basically got their money. Thus, there are two factors that play out from there on:

1. Whether or not certain stores will carry the game.
Target, for example, doesn't carry certain games if they don't like the cover art and don't think it will sell. There's really nothing the consumer can do about that because if you can't buy a game at Target in the first place, you can't convince Target that the game will sell.

2. Whether or not the game sells out.
There's a huge misconception regarding the DS's real popularity (nominally, it's sold almost as many units as PS2s) as compared to home systems. A lot of people have portables as impulse buys and don't buy a lot of games for them and if they do, there are really only a handful of especially big sellers. You can tell which ones those are because they stay full price for years and often remain on the new release shelf. You will notice that most DS games with online have dead communities almost from the get-go; that's because there just aren't that many people that have any one specific game. Take a look at any mediocre PS3 game board and you'll find it's more active than the boards of much of the best stuff the DS has to offer, for example. There are just as many people with some game that not only is crappy, but the people who bought it think its crappy, as there are people with any given game that is actually really good. Portable sales are very random. Thus, anything that's not guaranteed to be a huge success has one print and that's it. It doesn't matter that this game got less attention than it deserved, because even under the best of circumstances, it wasn't going to get the red carpet treatment. Even Nintendo's own Zelda games on the DS weren't heavily pimped because they sold more like the average DS game. Their price got reduced and they aren't found in every store.
I hate affirmation threads and I'm not interested in knowing who agrees with me.

User Info: mitbox

mitbox
9 years ago#8
i'm having the same problem, original cartridge in case not pirated, i bought it for my 3ds i cant slash the lanterns and the boy has also disappeared of my back. perhaps the 3ds isnt 100% compatible with all ds roms ?.

User Info: Masato_Hyuga

Masato_Hyuga
9 years ago#9
mitbox posted...
i'm having the same problem, original cartridge in case not pirated, i bought it for my 3ds i cant slash the lanterns and the boy has also disappeared of my back. perhaps the 3ds isnt 100% compatible with all ds roms ?.

1. You're lying.
2. You somehow bought a pirated copy.

I've played the game on the 3ds. The normal game just says something about lanterns at a random point after the tutorial level but lets you continue on completely ignoring them.

User Info: mitbox

mitbox
9 years ago#10
Masato_Hyuga posted...
mitbox posted...

1. You're lying.
2. You somehow bought a pirated copy.

I've played the game on the 3ds. The normal game just says something about lanterns at a random point after the tutorial level but lets you continue on completely ignoring them.

i did some research and having bought the game on ebay seems there is a good chance its an actual pirate copy , damn good copy to, passes all the cartridge and serial checks on articles on how to spot a fake, biggest giveaway was manual but no warranty info whatsoever in the packaging, so its no more ebay for me for ds titles , i want to pay for originals so i can be sure the developers have a reason for making a sequel to great games. my advice for anyone else, find a reputable online store to buy from, because there is no way to guarantee you are buying an original of ebay.
  1. Boards
  2. Okamiden
  3. Cant slash the lanterns!!!!
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A