• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Female Route Request #55 Completed on Hard Mode at Level 97
pzl 1 month ago#1
After successfully completed Request #55 on FES Hard Mode without the Divine Pillar(https://youtu.be/FiHXUrs6nRk), despite FES' sub-optimal dodge chance, MC still managed to evaded give or take 50% of the attack. A question popped up: Is it possible to complete Request #55 on Portable without reaching Level 99 obtaining the 999HP/999SP on Hard Mode with Portable's enhanced dodge chance?

Well here is the successful attempt: https://youtu.be/T0hS_25Nmkc.

So yes, however with a few caveats:
  • Portable's Request #55 is harder since the boss can basic physical attacks that are either Slash, Strike, or Pierce whereas on FES it is only Slash(Source: https://w.atwiki.jp/wiki10_persona3/pages/291.html#id_ccad14f2).
  • No Armor of Light(+Resist Phys High) or equivalent.
  • Given how damage is calculated on Hard Mode, MC can only tank one attack, and sometimes barely two magic attack if Defense buffed depending on the RNG.
  • Null Freeze and Null Shock are mandatory to prevent the MC's Evasion Rate being dropped to zero due to the previous point.
  • Evade <Element> skills are needed to give MC's better chance of dodging the Ma-dyne spells of the boss in conjunction with the Barbaric Bracer.
  • Enduring Soul and Endure are needed just in case on a turn cycle when the MC does not dodge any of the incoming attack, this does not happen often but if it does it gives the MC a safety net.
  • Messiah's hear item, Armor of Light(Resist Magic High), must be farmed so it is not a one-hit kill if a elemental magic spell lands on the MC. This frees up the weapon slot to equip a weapon that has High Counter, as all of the Persona used here are full of passive to help the MC increase the odds of survival.
Despite all of the per-cautions in place, without 999HP the MC is still at the mercy of the RNG seed being kind. This fight can definitely be more consistent if the difficulty setting is Normal Mode instead of Hard mode as damage output won't be as ludicrous(Phys attack does around ~440 damage with Phys Resistance and Magic does around ~385 damage with Armor of Light + Elemental Magic Resistance), so some of the Persona skill lot can be freed up for other skills, such as High Counter, in turn the weapon slot can used for the Orpheus Telos weapon for the Resist Magic High effect, possibly this Request can even be completed at a lower level.
Kuuko 1 month ago#2
Wow, excellent work! Very creative strategies and setups again. I really like the Enduring Soul + Endure stacking. You mention some of the ways it's more difficult here than the FES equivalent. I have to imagine some P3P mechanics also make it more doable though as well. Firstly the skillsets must have been a little easier to come up with when you have the addition of Skill Cards. Fusion spells being consumable items lets you have more freedom in your Persona choice. And vitally, knockdowns not causing you to waste a turn standing up. That crit knockdown around 18:00 was crucially close to death!

Very respectable again that you did this without the Diarahan skip again too, just as in your other challenge.

And those thoughts aside, any guess on how feasible Maniac Mode would be with a similar challenge? Considering the close calls here a couple times I'm guessing Maniac would either be totally impractical or simply require a very considerable amount of favorable RNG.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.png
pzl 1 month ago#3
Kuuko posted...
I have to imagine some P3P mechanics also make it more doable though as well. Firstly the skillsets must have been a little easier to come up with when you have the addition of Skill Cards. Fusion spells being consumable items lets you have more freedom in your Persona choice.

Yes, I do agree some mechanic of P3P does make this challenge a little bit more manageable, such as Skill Cards, though I do not understand the reason for not making some skills available in Skill Cards, such as the Evade X skills, and Resist Dark/Light.

Fusion Spells being item though is debatable, on one hand being able to use Cadenza without needing Orpheus and Apsaras is very nice, since it is a nice healing spell with a pretty good secondary effect. On the other hand, grinding for Infinity and Armageddon is kind of a pain, since Fusion Spells can only be obtained from the Antique Shop with Gems. It does not help that the Gem drop rate is usually abysmal, or through the Vision Quest Hall locked behind special conditions, such as in order to get 10x Infinity, all party members must be OHKOed then finish the fight with all of them being alive.

Being able to Defend is usually a nice thing to have, but not in this challenge since Defend reduces Evasion Rate to 0 in exchange for half damage taken and immunity to Hama/Mudo & Aliment skills.

Kuuko posted...
That crit knockdown around 18:00 was crucially close to death!

That crit really scared me, I thought that was the end of that attempt, but luckily High Counter kicked in.

Kuuko posted...
Very respectable again that you did this without the Diarahan skip again too, just as in your other challenge.

Consider how RNG heavy it is to complete Request #55 without 999HP on Hard Mode, I definitely considered the Diarahan skip as an option, but alas RNG was not on my side. Theo got High Countered on his first turn.

Kuuko posted...
And those thoughts aside, any guess on how feasible Maniac Mode would be with a similar challenge? Considering the close calls here a couple times I'm guessing Maniac would either be totally impractical or simply require a very considerable amount of favorable RNG.

I thought Maniac Mode is the same as Hard Mode in term of all of the hidden multipliers, ie damage taken, escape chance from battle, enemy critical hit chance, and Hama/Mudo & Aliment success rate, except Maniac Mode does not carry over your previous cycle data on a New Game Plus?

If Maniac Mode does have a boosted critical hit chance on the enemy even compared to Hard Mode, probably in order to do this challenge on Maniac Mode, for the attacking Persona some damage doing potential needs to be sacrificed. The elemental boost skills will need to be replaced with Sharp Student to reduce the chance of critical hit from the boss, and Resist Dark on Helel will also have to be sacrificed for Sharp Student, so more Homunculi are needed.

Feel free to give this challenge a go on Maniac Mode, though I don't think I will attempt this fight again without having 999HP, at least not on Hard Mode or above.

Kuuko 1 month ago#4
I understood that Maniac did increase enemy damage a bit over Hard. But I can't speak from experience on that. Most of my P3 knowledge is confined to FES. Anyway, the challenge on Hard mode is already a battle of minimizing RNG rolls as it is
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.png
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Female Route Request #55 Completed on Hard Mode at Level 97
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A