• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Does the FeMC route not have a game-chat social link?
gasperoni 7 months ago#1
I played FES and there is the Maya social link available on sundays. In P3P I am already in August and when I click the desk on sundays I cannot choose to play, although Mitsuru mentioned early in the game that the internet connection has been fixed. I remember getting the game from Junpei in FES, but how does this version of P3 handle it?
tsukue 7 months ago#2
Nope. Female hermit social link is different from male.
If you are a video game character and your name is Jeanne d'arc then you are surely a waifu.
gasperoni 7 months ago#3
oh ok. So she has no chat link. That's good. I never liked it anyway, because it took a whole day. Thanks
snbnzkra 7 months ago#4
Yeah, if you play as the FemC you should have Saori Hasegawa as a Hermit SL (library or sick room). I believe rank 1 is automatic, so you won't miss it.
tommy101 6 months ago#5
gasperoni posted...
oh ok. So she has no chat link. That's good. I never liked it anyway, because it took a whole day. Thanks

I was initially wondering what you meant by game-chat, I was thinking "had I missed something?"; in the female route Junpei decides to play the game himself, rather than give it to the protagonist to play.

snbnzkra posted...
Yeah, if you play as the FemC you should have Saori Hasegawa as a Hermit SL (library or sick room). I believe rank 1 is automatic, so you won't miss it.

My heart goes out to Saori in her social link.
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)
tsukue 6 months ago#6
I wonder what happened if Junpei decided to keep the game for himself in male route. Will it be awkward for male MC befriend (and possible dating) Saori?
If you are a video game character and your name is Jeanne d'arc then you are surely a waifu.
snbnzkra 6 months ago#7
I wonder what happened if Junpei decided to keep the game for himself in male route. Will it be awkward for male MC befriend (and possible dating) Saori?

It would probably just make it impossible to do a max social link run (not sure about this, of course).

More to your point, I doubt he'd get to date her. She would get in the same situation as in FemC's route presumably, which would mean suspension, and after coming back and clearing her name I think she would still transfer out, since it was her parents' decision. She says she was in love with the person who supposedly died because of her, so I can't see her just outright dating MC. Maybe something like Bebe's SL in FemC's route is possible, where she admires MC and later says so in her letter post-game.

I don't think it would be all that awkward. MC is either genuinely just good at making conversation and is socially healthy, or he is truthfully introverted but psychopathic with his SLs (especially female SLs), telling them what he knows they want to hear to further their relationships. In either case, it's all natural to him and wouldn't be awkward for Saori at any rate.
tommy101 6 months ago#8
Sounds like best scenario to me; being able to date Saori ;)!

That said, I do have to wonder about the state of Saori's mental well being if/when she learnt that another person she's loved (on this alternate male route) has also died, though this time, not in any way because of her.

Saori and Rio do appear in the third movie, so it is possible that the events of her social link do not occur in the male route, as Saori would be screwed if she was waiting for help from Movie-Makoto... unless Aigis helped her, I mean Hamuko/FeMC was assigned to Health/Library Committee after transferring in, so given Aigis was the next transfer student would that mean Ms. Torumi would have assigned Aigis to the Health/Library Committee to assist Saori?

This has now got me thinking "What would Saori's social link interactions be like with Aigis instead?":
  • [Gaudy Female Student slaps Saori]
  • Saori: Eek...
  • > Saori was slapped...!
  • Gaudy Female Student: You so much as say hello to my man again... you're goin' down.
  • Aigis: Engaging, one enemy hostile.

As I mentioned before, when thinking of MC, I always think of him as a closed off character; he doesn't have as much positive dialogue choices as Hamuko/FeMC, and the fact the characters have been similarly portrayed in other medium or other games.

However, I do feel that if Saori was in the male route, there would be enough positive dialogue choices to steer the social link into a romantic one, given that was the only option for the male route... unless we go down the route that as Saori debuted in P3P, we work on the principle that she would only be added to the male route in P3P, thus the option of max friendship would also be available.

In addition, as was mentioned previously, and that I mentioned earlier in this post, perhaps max friendship might be the best route.
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Does the FeMC route not have a game-chat social link?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A