• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
AriVolnutt 7 months ago#1
So I'm at 11/27, 3 days after battling Chidori Im level 67 and the Persona i used in the fight is Siegfried level 64 i used defense decrease on her and then went with power boost on the MC and next turn i attacked her and managed to beat her in one hit dealing over 1000 damage, so made me wonder if i overleveled or if this strategy was just too op, keep in mind i didn't go out of my way to grind i only go to tartarus once a month (aside from when people go missing there) and only kill enemies that are in my way, the only form of grinding is when i have kill monsters to get items for Elizabeth, also i aim for the green cards whenever i get a shuffle so I'm wondering did i overlevel ? is it this one boss just that easy, is the Persona I'm using too strong? or is the defense decrease strategy just too op?
snbnzkra 7 months ago#2
First off, yes, Chidori is one of the easiest fights. You're not overleveled, but the way the game is designed, if you explore all the persona, the final boss will be extremely weak. So if you stick to the persona available to you around now (most Max SL persona except Empress), you can maybe retain a challenge, although the point of the final boss is not really to be challenging. It depends as well on the game difficulty. Normal mode is fairly easy, especially if you gain access to the later persona (Helel, Messiah etc.). The idea is that the optimal setups are only required for the two optional boss battles, and maybe the Reaper battle (the 'Death' shadow that chases you if you stay too long on a floor), who are loads more powerful than the final boss, so the rest of the story feels weak around the endgame. You are definitely right around where you should be level wise (there will be a bit of a dry spell in visiting Tartarus for a while, so you will start the final stretch at your current level).

If you want a tougher game, try the Maniac mode, and if you're looking for more, some people try '1 Persona only' runs, like Orpheus only, Pixie only, etc.

The game will still have some tough battles from here until the final boss, in the form of some floor guardians. Plus you might be randomly wiped out in Tartarus if you're unlucky with some reflected attacks or Hama/Mudo.

PS: To clarify, the two optional bosses are in a different league than the Reaper.
AriVolnutt 7 months ago#3
snbnzkra posted...
First off, yes, Chidori is one of the easiest fights. You're not overleveled, but the way the game is designed, if you explore all the persona, the final boss will be extremely weak. So if you stick to the persona available to you around now (most Max SL persona except Empress), you can maybe retain a challenge, although the point of the final boss is not really to be challenging. It depends as well on the game difficulty. Normal mode is fairly easy, especially if you gain access to the later persona (Helel, Messiah etc.). The idea is that the optimal setups are only required for the two optional boss battles, and maybe the Reaper battle (the 'Death' shadow that chases you if you stay too long on a floor), who are loads more powerful than the final boss, so the rest of the story feels weak around the endgame. You are definitely right around where you should be level wise (there will be a bit of a dry spell in visiting Tartarus for a while, so you will start the final stretch at your current level).

If you want a tougher game, try the Maniac mode, and if you're looking for more, some people try '1 Persona only' runs, like Orpheus only, Pixie only, etc.

The game will still have some tough battles from here until the final boss, in the form of some floor guardians. Plus you might be randomly wiped out in Tartarus if you're unlucky with some reflected attacks or Hama/Mudo.

PS: To clarify, the two optional bosses are in a different league than the Reaper.
Well, i forgot that I'm at Normal mode i choose it since this is my first time playing P3, if the Reaper is harder than the final boss then i shouldn't worry since i beat him, now I'm at January 2010 in the game and there are optional bosses in the door on the left so i guess after i defeat them i can go to the super boss, i also now have access to Monad and i heard there's a super boss by the end of it,also Elizabeth has new quest for reaching final Tartarus floor solo and beating "The Ultimate Opponent" so I'm definitely gonna have challenge, i do have access to Messiah now but im not sure if i wanna grind to lv90 maybe i'd get it just because it looks cool, but i feel like that would be overkill to the final boss
either way i don't care if the final boss becomes easier i'm enjoying the story.
snbnzkra 7 months ago#4
Messiah is definitely the Persona capable of the highest damage output, and I like to get him each run because he's one of the coolest looking.

The boss in the door to the left, Margaret, is easier, so I think you might be able to do it even without a heavy grind if you have the right setup. The Ultimate Opponent at the top of Monad is a whole other beast who quite literally cannot be beaten without reaching level 99, and even then is nearly impossible without a specific Persona (Orpheus Telos), and is very difficult even with that Persona and the best equipment. Beating it is a bit of a grind. You can continue with the main story and try the ultimate opponent on a New Game+ if you just want to enjoy the story for now.
AriVolnutt 7 months ago#5
snbnzkra posted...
Messiah is definitely the Persona capable of the highest damage output, and I like to get him each run because he's one of the coolest looking.

The boss in the door to the left, Margaret, is easier, so I think you might be able to do it even without a heavy grind if you have the right setup. The Ultimate Opponent at the top of Monad is a whole other beast who quite literally cannot be beaten without reaching level 99, and even then is nearly impossible without a specific Persona (Orpheus Telos), and is very difficult even with that Persona and the best equipment. Beating it is a bit of a grind. You can continue with the main story and try the ultimate opponent on a New Game+ if you just want to enjoy the story for now.
I just beat the game i got Messiah and got him to LV99 i heard that you need all social links maxed to get Orpheus Telos so i missed out on it, I tried fighting Elizabeth and she absolutely destroyed me and i was level 98, so i just decided to end the game i will fight her later when i decide to play the game in a New Game + and get the proper setup.
I beat the final boss it was very easy, but i enjoyed it nonetheless, so thank you for your advises
snbnzkra 7 months ago#6
No problem, and I'm glad you enjoyed the game. Liz/Theo is no joke, haha. I like that it's incredibly tough, but I don't like that it's heavily influenced by RNG, so to win you basically have to get a lucky run even if you do everything right.
EnemySpotted 6 months ago#7
AriVolnutt posted...
So I'm at 11/27, 3 days after battling Chidori Im level 67 and the Persona i used in the fight is Siegfried level 64 i used defense decrease on her and then went with power boost on the MC and next turn i attacked her and managed to beat her in one hit dealing over 1000 damage, so made me wonder if i overleveled or if this strategy was just too op, keep in mind i didn't go out of my way to grind i only go to tartarus once a month (aside from when people go missing there) and only kill enemies that are in my way, the only form of grinding is when i have kill monsters to get items for Elizabeth, also i aim for the green cards whenever i get a shuffle so I'm wondering did i overlevel ? is it this one boss just that easy, is the Persona I'm using too strong? or is the defense decrease strategy just too op?
We're at the same boat here man. I had Siegfred, Odin, and Surt at that point of the game. but overleveled or not, Chidori is insanely easy.
EnemySpotted 6 months ago#8
AriVolnutt posted...
Well, i forgot that I'm at Normal mode i choose it since this is my first time playing P3, if the Reaper is harder than the final boss then i shouldn't worry since i beat him, now I'm at January 2010 in the game and there are optional bosses in the door on the left so i guess after i defeat them i can go to the super boss, i also now have access to Monad and i heard there's a super boss by the end of it,also Elizabeth has new quest for reaching final Tartarus floor solo and beating "The Ultimate Opponent" so I'm definitely gonna have challenge, i do have access to Messiah now but im not sure if i wanna grind to lv90 maybe i'd get it just because it looks cool, but i feel like that would be overkill to the final boss
either way i don't care if the final boss becomes easier i'm enjoying the story.
Getting Messiah is worth it because of his Armor/Shoes of Light (Ultimate armor for everyone) and Omnipotent Orb that nullifies all attacks except almighty (although this has a low chance of dropping than the armors).
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A