You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Hunting for Gold shadows for the first quest. Tips on Finding them?

User Info: waruluis91

waruluis91
2 months ago#1
What's the best way to find gold shadows? Should i clear the floor and stay there hoping one spawns, or should I just go through the floors fast without killing shadows seeing if one spanwed ?
3DS FC: 2020-0716-6036

User Info: floraethers

floraethers
2 months ago#2
i think the best way to find gold shadows is probably when the "tartarus is unstable" message pops up if you ask to go to tartarus. if it's unstable it usually means there will be at least one floor completely overrun by gold shadows, which is indicated when there are "more enemies than usual."

waruluis91
2 months ago#3
floraethers posted...
i think the best way to find gold shadows is probably when the "tartarus is unstable" message pops up if you ask to go to tartarus. if it's unstable it usually means there will be at least one floor completely overrun by gold shadows, which is indicated when there are "more enemies than usual."

One floor of all the floors available in Tartarus?

User Info: floraethers

floraethers
2 months ago#4
waruluis91 posted...
One floor of all the floors available in Tartarus?

ah, no, definitely not; i think the golden shadow floor is by chance even during unstable tartarus expeditions but it isn't specific to one floor. it is pretty difficult to get the specific message telling you there are golden shadow enemies though, since it's one outcome out of seven, and the messages pop up every other floor and not consecutively.

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
2 months ago#5
After you clear a floor the first time, up on any return visits, there's a small chance that the floor will be...irregular. Examples of irregularities include no Shadows and lots of treasure (but the Reaper spawns super fast), the maps disappearing and visibility being reduced, or another in which every Shadow that spawns is gold.

Clear the areas between two sub-bosses, then grind til all the Shadows in those areas run from you. After that, rush from the teleporter on one floor to the other until you get an all-gold floor.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

waruluis91
2 months ago#6
JLazarillo posted...
After you clear a floor the first time, up on any return visits, there's a small chance that the floor will be...irregular. Examples of irregularities include no Shadows and lots of treasure (but the Reaper spawns super fast), the maps disappearing and visibility being reduced, or another in which every Shadow that spawns is gold.

Clear the areas between two sub-bosses, then grind til all the Shadows in those areas run from you. After that, rush from the teleporter on one floor to the other until you get an all-gold floor.

Thanks! I'll give that a try
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Hunting for Gold shadows for the first quest. Tips on Finding them?