You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. is the point and click ruin the experience

User Info: hories

hories
6 months ago#1
yo just a question it ruin the experience or its still enjoyable? also why we cant control its due to psp limitation?

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
6 months ago#2
I don't particularly think it does, but I've been playing games for more than 30 years...I have different standards for immersion-breaking graphics than some do, admittedly. That said, the various bits of story and Social Link awkwardness in the original route does way more to bring down my experience than the graphics in the FeMC route of P3P.

Not sure what you mean about control, though. If you mean party members, P3P's the version where you can control them. It's FES where you have to use tactics and the AI (and that's not a limitation so much as a conscious design choice, if, IMO, a poor one).
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

hories
6 months ago#3
ok thanks for control i talk about c9ntroling the mc in the city lol

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
6 months ago#4
FES has a much better presentation and story, P3P has better gameplay.
FES with controllable party members mod beats out both.

Just preference.
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"

hories
6 months ago#5
so the best way to experience persona 3 is woth pc emulator and controlable party member right?

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
6 months ago#6
It really depends on personal taste and experience.
Will your immersion be more harmed by having to read the cutscenes instead of watch them, or by awkward storytelling? Are you going into the game looking for a vibrant world to explore, or a chance to get to know the characters more intimately?

FES provides the former in both cases, while P3P provides the latter.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

hories
6 months ago#7
ah i didnt know that p3p dont have the anime cutscene so how it is on psp its story storytell or there is nothing ?

User Info: FoxyAreku

FoxyAreku
6 months ago#8
hories posted...
ah i didnt know that p3p dont have the anime cutscene so how it is on psp its story storytell or there is nothing ?

There are no full-motion cutscenes whatsoever in P3P, they are all told as a visual novel with character stills. If you care about the story (which why would you play a persona game if you don't tbh) then FES with the mod is the way to go.

P3P is best for a 2nd playthrough
"How do you forget about windrun as windrunner?!"
(edited 6 months ago)

hories
6 months ago#9
okay thanks

User Info: Folles

Folles
5 months ago#10
Does the FES mod does away with the laggy menus and loadings?

It adds cards? It adds Messiah ultimate? It removes the dependency of the awful randomness of Naganaki for Money Farm? It Removes Invetory Cap?

Ah.
I don't think health will be a problem for me for a long time.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. is the point and click ruin the experience