• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Does the revival on the 1/21 take up the free time?

User Info: Domitron

Domitron
6 months ago#1
Am reaching the end of my new playthrough and am trying to max all links (playing on New Game + and am not using a guide because I find that to be boring), I currently just hit January and have all S-Links maxed except...

Lovers - 7/10
Empress - 4/10
Aeon -1/10

If all the days in January are free for me to use I should have just enough to max all three
remaining links... If not I am unfortunately going to be screwed over, which is why I am wondering if Chidoris revival event on the 21st will take up that day, I triggered all the flags without thinking about it and only just realised it may take up that days free time.

Domitron
6 months ago#2
*sigh*

So it looks like it does take up the day, which means I will be missing one damn rank from one damn social link... Of the 19 days I needed that butterfly prick decides I can only use 18

Yes I do choose to blame Phil, and yes I am now going to cry

Domitron
6 months ago#3
Don't mind me just ranting a little bit, I completely forgot about school social links being unavailable the week before exams, and party members also just randomly choose to make themselves unavailable Yukari for instance is supposed to be available on Mondays yet one Monday I planned to hang out with her on (which if I did would have kept me from having this predicament right now) she just disappeared and was nowhere to be found.

And don't even get me started on the summer classes, and that damn typhoon both of which just take up days that could be better spent doing SOCIAL LINKS...

OK I think that rant is about done, guess I will give up trying to do a max SL run on my own and will just give in and use a guide, if I throw it on beginner and just speed run I should be able to get it out of the way in a day or so. It really does bug me though, in P4 and P5 it is a piece of cake to max them all on New Game + once you have all your stats maxed.

User Info: sanjeust

sanjeust
6 months ago#4
It's also easier on this one with all the stats maxed.
"I'm confident that, if there's a real problem [with climate change], He [God] can take care of it." - Michigan Republican congressman Tim Walberg LOL

Domitron
6 months ago#5
sanjeust posted...
It's also easier on this one with all the stats maxed.

Yes but not as easy, the availability of social links is so much more limited... Don't get me wrong I am not hating the game, I have a soft spot for it just telling the truth of the matter

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
6 months ago#6
Domitron posted...
guess I will give up trying to do a max SL run on my own and will just give in and use a guide, if I throw it on beginner and just speed run I should be able to get it out of the way in a day or so.

1. Beginner reduces the enemies' damage output, but it leaves their hp and defense as well as your abilities alone. It likely will make for rather unpleasant runs if you rush too much. Going for red and gold floors to power up your party remains a good idea.

2. The female protagonist has different s.link availability than the male, and some of the s.links have fixed schedules that do not need to be factored into how to plan your calendar. The overall schedule is looser.
"Systematically killing randomly generated lolis actually sounds okay, now that I think about it." - DesertWolfXII
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Does the revival on the 1/21 take up the free time?
  • Topic Archived