• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Should i play this one or FES?

User Info: Yonimaru

Yonimaru
7 months ago#1
I'm up in the air for finally getting around to playing this game. I do wanna play The Answer, but at the same time, i'm wondering if it'll be worth playing through P3 multiple times to max Social Links, carry over compendium, etc. into the follow chapter?

or should i just play through P3P and keep NG+'ing along as a bit less difficulty? (can i change the male to female in each run, or same hero's sex/difficulty, etc. once started NG+ always thereafter?)
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!
Senel:Okay i have no idea what you just said!!

User Info: tommy101

tommy101
7 months ago#2
Still need to (buy and) play FES and The Answer myself; there are some things that P3P does better in that it sorts out things that were wrong with FES, and introduces some things, but it does also take some things out, like The Answer.

OK so on your post, you're either asking if you can change between male and female routes and difficulties whilst in play, or you're asking about what carries over when going between male and female routes.

In relation to male/female route, and difficulties, I believe both are fixed for the whole playthrough; the male and female routes do differ a bit, such as the fact that some social link characters are different between the two routes.

In relation to what transfers over, if I remember correctly, you keep your swag and protagonist's level and attributes on NG+, even if you changed routes; I don't know if this also applies if you increase the difficulty though.
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)

Yonimaru
7 months ago#3
tommy101 posted...
Still need to (buy and) play FES and The Answer myself; there are some things that P3P does better in that it sorts out things that were wrong with FES, and introduces some things, but it does also take some things out, like The Answer.

OK so on your post, you're either asking if you can change between male and female routes and difficulties whilst in play, or you're asking about what carries over when going between male and female routes.

In relation to male/female route, and difficulties, I believe both are fixed for the whole playthrough; the male and female routes do differ a bit, such as the fact that some social link characters are different between the two routes.

In relation to what transfers over, if I remember correctly, you keep your swag and protagonist's level and attributes on NG+, even if you changed routes; I don't know if this also applies if you increase the difficulty though.

yeah, the part i was meaning to question was as example;
say i beat the game as female. but then wanted to play NG+, would i be able to choose sex at the start of NG+ like the initial startup? :)
(stats and weaponry carryover is a nice thing i think there ^^)
Norma:First its like this Whoooooosh and then its like aaahhhh and then its like KABOOOOMM!!!

tommy101
7 months ago#4
OK, so if you complete the game on the female route, when you start NG+, you still have the option of male or female protagonist, male or female Velvet Room attendant (if you're on the female route), and regardless of which you pick, you still retain your stats and weapons.
The Tenth Doctor: It used to be easy ... you could hop between realities, home in time for tea. / Batman Begins: FFXV (www.youtube.com/watch?v=sd8c4uIoU2w)

User Info: Seitar

Seitar
7 months ago#5
Yonimaru posted...
I do wanna play The Answer, but at the same time, i'm wondering if it'll be worth playing through P3 multiple times to max Social Links, carry over compendium, etc. into the follow chapter?

Do you mean carry over stuff from the main game(The Journey) to the expansion(The Answer)? That's not possible, The Answer is completely separate. But P3's schedule on a new run is really tight so you are probably looking at two playthroughs if you really want to max out S.Links.

The Answer most people recommend new players to look up on Youtube instead of playing it themselves. There's no social sim stuff in it just sluggish dungeon crawling and the combat system of P3 wasn't really the best to say the least.
PSN: Seitar-Hubbe

Yonimaru
7 months ago#6
tommy101 posted...
OK, so if you complete the game on the female route, when you start NG+, you still have the option of male or female protagonist, male or female Velvet Room attendant (if you're on the female route), and regardless of which you pick, you still retain your stats and weapons.

All i needed to know there. thank you bud ^^

Seitar posted...
Yonimaru posted...
I do wanna play The Answer, but at the same time, i'm wondering if it'll be worth playing through P3 multiple times to max Social Links, carry over compendium, etc. into the follow chapter?

Do you mean carry over stuff from the main game(The Journey) to the expansion(The Answer)? That's not possible, The Answer is completely separate. But P3's schedule on a new run is really tight so you are probably looking at two playthroughs if you really want to max out S.Links.

The Answer most people recommend new players to look up on Youtube instead of playing it themselves. There's no social sim stuff in it just sluggish dungeon crawling and the combat system of P3 wasn't really the best to say the least.

As far as i recall The Answer stating in bootup before, it only carries over Compendiums from Makuto to Aigis, right?

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
7 months ago#7
Yonimaru posted...
As far as i recall The Answer stating in bootup before, it only carries over Compendiums from Makuto to Aigis, right?

The Answer does not carry over the Compendium. In fact, The Answer has no Compendium at all.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

Yonimaru
7 months ago#8
JLazarillo posted...
Yonimaru posted...

The Answer does not carry over the Compendium. In fact, The Answer has no Compendium at all.

ah. thought you could import something from bringing data over :o

tommy101
7 months ago#9
Yonimaru posted...

tommy101 posted...

All i needed to know there. thank you bud ^^

I must point out, if you change difficulty, I don't know if that's still true, as I know some games, if you change up the difficulty, certain things don't transfer over on NG+!

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
7 months ago#10
tommy101 posted...
I must point out, if you change difficulty, I don't know if that's still true, as I know some games, if you change up the difficulty, certain things don't transfer over on NG+!

The highest difficulty level in P3P does not allow you to carry over data. All the others do.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg
  1. Boards
  2. Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 Portable
  3. Should i play this one or FES?
  • Topic Archived