• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Goku61394

Goku61394
9 months ago#1
Hello everyone I relatively recently got a vita and was planning on downloading p3 portable again but had a couple questions about it first.

1) Is the mmc(male mc) side still the same as p3 FES or are there added stuff to that as well.

2) If I do a ng as the mmc could I do a ng+ as the femc and still have some stuff carry over?
Member of both KODM and Prism Island
3DS FC: 3884-1295-8517 IGN: Phineas Calling it now 2019 Pokemon is a D/P remake.

User Info: camidumas

camidumas
9 months ago#2
P3P has a little new stuff relative to FES on the male MC but mostly it is the same. And yes, you can play through as one gender and then flip to the other for ng+.

Goku61394
9 months ago#3
camidumas posted...
P3P has a little new stuff relative to FES on the male MC but mostly it is the same. And yes, you can play through as one gender and then flip to the other for ng+.

Would you recommend a FAQ to follow for the male side then?
3DS FC: 3884-1295-8517 IGN: Phineas Calling it now 2019 Pokemon is a D/P remake.

User Info: Kuuko

Kuuko
9 months ago#4
If you want to max out every social link then you'll most likely need to follow a FAQ. P3 is much more stringent about that than P4 and P5 are. If it's your first time playing though then I'd recommend just playing naturally and spending time with the social links you enjoy. You'll be stressed out if you're worried about maxing social links the entire game. Save it for a NG+ playthrough.
http://i.imgur.com/dzGMd.png

Goku61394
9 months ago#5
@Kuuko posted...
If you want to max out every social link then you'll most likely need to follow a FAQ. P3 is much more stringent about that than P4 and P5 are. If it's your first time playing though then I'd recommend just playing naturally and spending time with the social links you enjoy. You'll be stressed out if you're worried about maxing social links the entire game. Save it for a NG+ playthrough.

I've played FES before as well as portable.

User Info: JLazarillo

JLazarillo
9 months ago#6
Kuuko posted...
Save it for a NG+ playthrough.

There's a word of caution that should be considered there, though, and that's the NG+ in P3P is really broken compared to P4 and P5. Since it carries over the player's level, and since scaling math is based on that and not equipped Persona level, NG+ utterly loses even the slightest concept of challenge, even on Hard, unlike its successors where it is very easy to play in as balanced or unbalanced a way as you see fit in NG+.

If you're going to do multiple playthroughs, do them from the beginning regardless. Depending on your preferences, you may still want to save a guide for your second chance and experience things "organically", but if you don't want to turn the game into a complete joke, I'd say avoid NG+, regardless.
Formerly a panda, formerly a carnivore. Now just a guy without a catch phrase.
https://imgtc.com/i/uVS7l1o.jpg

User Info: camidumas

camidumas
9 months ago#7
Goku61394 posted...
camidumas posted...

Would you recommend a FAQ to follow for the male side then?

Not if you have played it before. The difference is much bigger with the female protagonist though.
  • Topic Archived