• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Saki Portable
  3. What would you have done in the game?

User Info: msolec2000

msolec2000
9 years ago#1
ok, disclaimer first: This is NOT to say the game is bad. The programmers made the game they made, and Saki MJ is cool. I haven't seen the game based on a) being European, and b) not owning a PSP. But this could serve as a suggestion mailbox of sorts, if they decide to make another version.

What I would like:

- Every girl should have a power of some sort.
Kunijiro Hajime: Something to do with her cheating, maybe?
Sawamura Tomoki: Doesn't do much in the anime (haven't read the manga, either [Blaspheme! Heretic!]). Maybe some sort of digital mode, but not as good as Nodocchi
Bundou Seika: Hmm... at some point she was 78th, and then is 5th. But I'm out of ideas.
Fukabori Sumiyo: Really minor character. Any idea from the Saki experts?
Kajiki Yumi: I know, her selling point is that she has no magical abilities. I'm thinking some way to defend about opponent's abilities, since she collects all those records.
Kanbara Satomi: Again, she's not the focus at all. Calling the Saki experts again here.
Tsuyama Mitsuki: Who's that again?

Also the unlockables should have (in my dream game) an ability. Ideally, but that's very hard to do, the abilities should be balanced.

Missing characters: Nanpo Kazue (SOUTH POWER!) would be cool, and I'd also liked Miyanaga Teru. But here's hoping for (unlikely methinks) Saki Season 2.

And this brings me to: Tournament Mode.
You get five characters (maybe a single school, maybe random, maybe choice, I dunno) and you select the order they'll play, then you get two half-rounds with each, and points carry over.

And of course (but that's just me), any game with chicks, specially anime chicks, and costumes should have a special "costume", if you catch my drift. I understand why it's not there, but you know... that's just cruel. :-P

Well, here's what I would have tried to do if I knew how and I was to make that game. Again, let me say that this is NOT to dismiss Saki Portable as a bad game, because I think it's really cool.

What do you guys think, or wish was there? :)

User Info: ambstrike

ambstrike
9 years ago#2
I was hoping the game would have an actual Team Tournament Mode instead of a team battle. Like your school fighting against other schools(NPC or Not) and winning it unlocks characters/pictures/misc. Or perhaps an Individual Tournament Mode that plays out like in the anime.

Another thing would be the character ability which should be shown in the character profile(not like I can read Jap but at least people can translate) for example Amae Koromo, I still have not idea ability does besides knowing the opponents hand(either in tenpai or has points>10000) will show in red.

Story: Nothing much, same as the anime but I would like a short continuation to the anime story like perhaps until the end of the Joined Training camp?

BGM: Not bad but Kami no Ryouiki / Heroic Star / Kousei / Kono Itte de should have been inside and I really like the 3rd and 11th BGM.

And maybe a short tutorial on how to play Jap Mahjong for first timers(WHY DOESN'T ANY MAHJONG GAME HAVE THIS).

User Info: Thunder_tyger

Thunder_tyger
9 years ago#3
"Tournament Mode.
You get five characters (maybe a single school, maybe random, maybe choice, I dunno) and you select the order they'll play, then you get two half-rounds with each, and points carry over."

I know there is one mode just like that...you pick one school then choose the order they play and battle...of course the point will be carried over to the next player

PRACTICE MAKES PERFECT,NOBODY'S PERFECT, WHY PRACTICE ???
  1. Boards
  2. Saki Portable
  3. What would you have done in the game?
  • Topic Archived