• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fable III
  3. How to fix kids hating/fearing you in Fable 3

User Info: TrippZen

TrippZen
9 years ago#1
Okay so even ith the best houses and doing all the gift/toy quests the kids ask for and a super high upkep all my kids that were adopted or with nannies started hating me. I fired the nannies and married and re-adopted the kids...the result is a bunch of happy kids that love me now again. I don't know why they hated me so much...I was totally moral and high green in all categories (attractiveness, morality, etc.) but I overheard my nannies talking crap about me more than once so maye that's why. I adopted like 16 kids and all hated me when with nannies but once I fired nannies and got spouses(male or female didn't seem to matter) and readopted them they all love me now. I think it has to do with them having a mom or dad.

Also I had a spouse with 2 adopted kids living in the same village as 2 other adopted kids and their nanny and the fear/hate seemed to sprea through all the kids even the ones with my spouse. Tried everything like doing hugs and tickles and getting gifts over and over and couldn't get their emotion out of the fear category so I tried divorcing my spouse(even though that sucked) and readopted them with a new spouse and they love me now. Apparently once the fear sets in it doesn't ever go away unless you "start over" with the kids. Really wish they would fix that.

User Info: vigorm0rtis

vigorm0rtis
9 years ago#2
Opinion is glitched, sometimes. My first playthrough everyone was calling me a murderer even though my stats said I had no villager casualties.
Everything's better with zombies. Except pie.
GT: vigorm0rtis

TrippZen
9 years ago#3
Also it is really stupid that the limit is 2 kids per house especially when there are plenty of houses with 3 or more kids' beds. With the adoption option in Fable 3 you would think they would know to allow more than 2 kids for each house/spouse because now it takes soooo much longer to interact and take care of them when they have to be in separate towns/cities. Originally I had them all in Brightwall village with only one spouse and the rest with nannies thinking it would be cool to have tons of kids running around all together but as I said in earlier post, once fear set in amongst some it spread to all of them so since the solution to get rid of the fear was to have spouses instead of nannies and you can't have more than one spouse in same area(you can but I tried that and they both divorced me lol) that really made it a pain to have so many kids because I have to keep going to different areas to keep up with them all. Anyway it would be especially helpful if they had left the expression wheel in place where you could do an expression for more than one person a a time...the new press and hold A thing takes way too long and is really annoying...although I do like the actual expressions better this time around it is still a slow process and frankly a step backward from Fable 2.

TrippZen
9 years ago#4
yeah i know they have some glitches like that but I gave it the whole game while I played through to the end and the fear never went away until i fired nannies and put em with spouses....it's weird too because they would one minute say they love me and i'm the best after i gave them toys but then they would cower in fear and say they hated me and things are so much better when i'm not around lol little brats...back to the orphanage they went--til i readopted them lol

User Info: Mistere Man

Mistere Man
9 years ago#5
(Original poster) I had British Nannies raising my adopted children and they hated me. Then once I gave them a real loving mother they were happy, WTF?! You would think kids that were abandoned by their real parents, and raised by cold unloving care givers, who's only wish is for a real mommy and daddy to take them away and love them, would love to be have a daddy that is never there, and leaves them with nannies that show no love to them! Why they hell would they be happy once they get a real mommy to raise them and love them instead of a cold unloving British nanny? I mean what the hell? Just What the Hell?! I wish they would fix this Glitch!!! (>_<)

(Me) [<>_<>]
Water+Fall=Radiation.

TrippZen
9 years ago#6
hahaha :) yeah i see your point except i did quests for the nannies and made them my friends or best friends so between that and a high upkeep i really thought not all the nannies would be so hateable plus they came from the crappy run down orphanage(before it gets really fancy and cleaned up) so you'd think they would be happy to have a nice new home but you have a really good point lol ;)

Mistere Man
9 years ago#7
Have you ever seen a British Nanny reality show? Nightmare fuel plain an simple! {O_O}
Water+Fall=Radiation.

TrippZen
9 years ago#8
haha I'm not gonna lie, some of em do look like nightmares but some of em do a way better job puttin little brats in their place instead of some of our american parents who let the kids run the house and walk all over them lol ;)

Mistere Man
9 years ago#9
True but discipline doesn't equal love.
Water+Fall=Radiation.

TrippZen
9 years ago#10
very very true :)
  1. Boards
  2. Fable III
  3. How to fix kids hating/fearing you in Fable 3