• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gladiator Begins
  3. so i play this game in 2017 and its an amazing game

User Info: hories

hories
2 years ago#1
i recently started playing this game on my vita and oh god what a great game ( i finished the game 2 time) in only 3 day lol first time with elizaveta and and aquilla and wow ! the gameplay is just amazing and super skilled ( i was playing pugilist ) the boss are just MEMORABLE i remember all boss i fight spiculus what an amazing fight spartoi damm finaly got the pugilist stance o_o hories and ursus oh s*** over and over all boss in the top 10 was just memorable i dont mention aibell sextus danaos and all the other really i loved this game what a fantastic experience gladiator is such an underexploited video game type its sad i hope this game get a remastered version one day with a true dialogue choice and a longer story.

my top battle 1 elizaveta spiculus amazing fight super hard to deal with and it was so satisfying when i kill it but its more satisfying when you see he was in the 7th in the top and you kill it with low stuff
2 aibell amazing gladiator this f***ing shield dont want to get off but what a fight when you take of this helmet and pund this face god o_o
3 final guilemus clearly the hardest fight in the game i tried so many time this shield wont fly and this sword skills are amazing dont want to do it again

ps(its worth playing the game in hardmode or not? )

User Info: sejembalm

sejembalm
2 years ago#2
Play it on the hardest setting (despair mode), but only when you learn all the skills and have refined your gear thoroughly. Practice how to parry effectively many times in a row. Keep fighting to day 39 in the arenas before going to Bernardos. Defeat Danaos the Demon (try getting that helmet bolted to his head) and become the top-ranked champion gladiator. May Fortuna guide your blade!

Empress Livia's admonishment to the gladiators in I, Claudius episode 3 "What shall we do about Claudius?":
"I have some words to say to you before the games begin. Now, these games are being held for my son Drusus Nero, who was worth the whole lot of you put together. It's my intention that these games be remembered long after you're all dead and forgotten even by your nearest and dearest. You're all scum and you know it, but you have a chance here, some of you, to prove that you're a little more than that. And for those of you that death doesn't liberate, there'll be plenty of freedoms handed out afterwards, to say nothing of gold-laden coin. But I want a good show! I want my money's worth! I don't want any kiss-in-the-ring stuff! And I don't want my family watching two grown men p*ssy-foot around each other for a half and hour before one of them makes a clean blow, there has been too much of that in the past. And don't think you can fool me either, because I know every trick of the book, including the pig's blood in the bladder to make it look that one of you is dead. There's been too much of that too lately. These games are being degraded by the increasing use of professional tricks to stay alive. And I won't have it! Now put on a good show, and there'll be plenty of money for the living and decent burial for the dead. And if not, I'll break this guild up and I'll send the lot of you to the mines in Numidia. That's all I've got to say to you."

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
2 years ago#3
hories posted...
i recently started playing this game on my vita and oh god what a great game ( i finished the game 2 time) in only 3 day lol first time with elizaveta and and aquilla and wow ! the gameplay is just amazing and super skilled ( i was playing pugilist ) the boss are just MEMORABLE i remember all boss i fight spiculus what an amazing fight spartoi damm finaly got the pugilist stance o_o hories and ursus oh s*** over and over all boss in the top 10 was just memorable i dont mention aibell sextus danaos and all the other really i loved this game what a fantastic experience gladiator is such an underexploited video game type its sad i hope this game get a remastered version one day with a true dialogue choice and a longer story.

my top battle 1 elizaveta spiculus amazing fight super hard to deal with and it was so satisfying when i kill it but its more satisfying when you see he was in the 7th in the top and you kill it with low stuff
2 aibell amazing gladiator this f***ing shield dont want to get off but what a fight when you take of this helmet and pund this face god o_o
3 final guilemus clearly the hardest fight in the game i tried so many time this shield wont fly and this sword skills are amazing dont want to do it again

ps(its worth playing the game in hardmode or not? )

Hard mode is worth playing through, but Danaos is for sure the toughest guy.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Zoth (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

sejembalm
2 years ago#4
The free DLC for Gladiator Begins is easy to download for the PSP, but more tricky for the PS Vita. You need to download the DLC to a PS3 (and hopefully the PS4) and then transfer it to your Vita.
My favorite DLC material is the Mars gear (use with the "Golden" nickname prefix) and the Oar (a giant club, based on the wooden sword used in the final duel in Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island movie from 1956 (highly recommended)). The DLC also has a few other character skin sets and gear sets, but the Blitz armor is restricted for PSN Japan.

The game can be played fine without any of these DLC goodies, but people naturally want all the free extras.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/969694-gladiator-begins/75310671
https://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/969694-gladiator-begins/answers/214321-dlc
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLAA52CD3DBEF8DFBC

User Info: hories

hories
2 years ago#5
haha thanks you man gonna try for the dlc the stuff looks gorgeous thanks!

sejembalm
2 years ago#6
I hope all Gladiator Begins fans are well this Thanksgiving and that none are captured into slavery and made to fight in the arenas.
And for those who do find themselves as gladiators, may fortune free them as champions.

User Info: DQ5E

DQ5E
2 years ago#7
I just started playing too, is there a way to use the download other peoples characters feature on vita, i tried but it keeps failing? It shows the characters but when i try to download it fails. I love this game, wish id known qbout it when it came out, was there a versus mode? My character is a female, the accurate dancer, just beat the two egyptian dudes. Does item weight affect how quickly gear falls off? I suck at dodging!

sejembalm
2 years ago#8
I think you have to download the extras from the PSN store to a PS3 or PS4 and then transfer them to your Vita.
Item weight seems to only really work to keep the item on you at the hardest difficulties (Despair mode). The Defense rating keeps the items in place, for the most part.

sejembalm
2 years ago#9
I hope people still get entertainment from this old game in 2018.
Happy New Year!

sejembalm
1 year ago#10
2018 and this continues to be a favorite game to play.
  1. Boards
  2. Gladiator Begins
  3. so i play this game in 2017 and its an amazing game
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers