• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gladiator Begins
  3. demo won't download on vita

User Info: buzzsawgr81

buzzsawgr81
2 years ago#1
I wanna try this game out but for some reason it says the demo can't be downloaded on the vita, despite it saying on the PS site it works for the vita.
Spawn here often?

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
2 years ago#2
It doesn't work, sorry bro.
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Xio (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

buzzsawgr81
2 years ago#3
the full game does though, right?
Spawn here often?

Jmanghan
2 years ago#4
buzzsawgr81 posted...
the full game does though, right?

Oh yeah, of course.

Its super fun too.

You don't miss out on anything with the demo except for a single weapon.

buzzsawgr81
2 years ago#5
cool, thanks.
Spawn here often?

User Info: sejembalm

sejembalm
2 years ago#6
Too bad the demo does not work right on the Vita. It's just the first four days of the game but with a fight against a very difficult gladiator, Venus, the "Mysterious Female Gladiator", also called the Unknown Gladiatress or Chitashichina (Underboob).
You can fight other game characters in the full game by going to the Title menu, selecting Battle Arena, Exhibition, and the gladiator you want to use and the one you want to fight, but Venus is not on the list.
You can make a Venus character as she is available as a free DLC download (hopefully available on the Vita). Attacks: Bash, Twin Thrust, Body Blow, Sudden Strike.
Armed with a Gladius and a Buckler small shield.
Equipped with an Iron Maiden helmet, a Myrmillo Manica on the left arm (nothing on the right arm), and Silver Peregrine Cross leg protectors. All of these can be obtained through the Gladiator Bank by selecting Title -> Exchange Character -> Download. I uploaded two Venus characters nicknamed The Anticipated Champion (lighter gear) and The Quick Champion or you can search username sejembalm or batguano for my uploads.

More demo/Venus stuff here:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/969694-gladiator-begins?search=demo
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/969694-gladiator-begins/74510627

Jmanghan
2 years ago#7
sejembalm posted...
Too bad the demo does not work right on the Vita. It's just the first four days of the game but with a fight against a very difficult gladiator, Venus, the "Mysterious Female Gladiator", also called the Unknown Gladiatress or Chitashichina (Underboob).
You can fight other game characters in the full game by going to the Title menu, selecting Battle Arena, Exhibition, and the gladiator you want to use and the one you want to fight, but Venus is not on the list.
You can make a Venus character as she is available as a free DLC download (hopefully available on the Vita). Attacks: Bash, Twin Thrust, Body Blow, Sudden Strike.
Armed with a Gladius and a Buckler small shield.
Equipped with an Iron Maiden helmet, a Myrmillo Manica on the left arm (nothing on the right arm), and Silver Peregrine Cross leg protectors. All of these can be obtained through the Gladiator Bank by selecting Title -> Exchange Character -> Download. I uploaded two Venus characters nicknamed The Anticipated Champion (lighter gear) and The Quick Champion or you can search username sejembalm or batguano for my uploads.

More demo/Venus stuff here:
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/969694-gladiator-begins?search=demo
https://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/969694-gladiator-begins/74510627

You also can't access the Gladiator Bank on the Vita.

The vita version feels so neutered.

sejembalm
2 years ago#8
I guess I'll be holding on to my old PSP for a while more.

Jmanghan
2 years ago#9
sejembalm posted...
I guess I'll be holding on to my old PSP for a while more.

will do, good on ya.

Just as well, Gladiator Begins has officially been removed from the PS Vita store.

sejembalm
2 years ago#10
Another example of Sony screwing up the Vita. Unsatisfactory ports of many PSP games. It took years to get a substantial library of PS1 games for the Vita even though the PSN Store in Europe had hundreds years ago and the old PSP still has more (look, I want to play Spyro the Dragon on my PS Vita to use its better twin sticks, but nooooo!).
  1. Boards
  2. Gladiator Begins
  3. demo won't download on vita
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

Dlc...? Tech Support4 Answers
Item Weight, how does it affect battle? Side Quest7 Answers
Tips to beat Danaos??? Enemy/Boss8 Answers
How do I use DLC from the Playstation Store? General2 Answers
How can I unlock passive skill? Side Quest2 Answers