• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Gladiator Begins
  3. Post here if you still play this game.

User Info: Jmanghan

Jmanghan
3 years ago#111
Geez, no one?
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Xio (Class: Fighter)
PSN: Ghj547.

User Info: sejembalm

sejembalm
3 years ago#112
What, Nobody had achieved the Beggar Gladiator challenge? I have, but it is very easy, if you do it right. Day one, run around with no weapon or shield in the arena until a weapon or a helmet is dropped. Pick it up and clobber the remaining opponents with it. Or play a Battle Royal or Team Battle early in your career and do the same. Let your partner knock away a weapon or helmet, grab it and then show these pampered punks how you can win on the cheap.

Now the Beggar Gladiator challenge against Danaos is trickier (especially in the Despair difficulty game and not an easy exhibition match), but can be done with pugilist attacks that use your elbow like Elbow Arrow or Punisher that make use of the attack power of your arm armor like certain kicks use your leg armor or your helmet with the Headbutt attack. I selected Punisher, Elbow Arrow, Jump Kick and Headbutt (Spartoi set) and defeated Danaos with nothing in my hands. Elbow Arrow has better range, but Punisher is a good, fast punch if you can get in close. I picked up Danaos' Thanatos Helm when it finally dislodged and used it as a very satisfying fist weapon. Spartoi's unskilled attacks with it really did the trick.

Remember, you must pick up an item dropped in the arena and kill an opponent with it to earn the Beggar Gladiator title! When I did so, the announcement on the top right side of the screen briefly showed "Exactly Beggar Gladiator!" when I did this.

Tip: the Euteron helmet has better range because of the long forward horns.

Jmanghan
3 years ago#113
I'm gonna try using a normal mode character against Danaos with the Beggar Gladiator Challenge.

Jmanghan
3 years ago#114
Merry Christmas, everyone!

Jmanghan
3 years ago#115
Happy New Year! (As of yesterday)

User Info: sejembalm

sejembalm
3 years ago#116
I trust all Gladiator Begins fans celebrated the ancient Roman holiday on December 25: Dies Natalis Solis Invicti ("Birthday of the Unconquered Sun"). The near-solstice date of 25 December for Christmas was likely selected because it was the date of the Roman festival of Dies Natalis Solis Invicti (Birthday of the Unconquered Sun), but this is challenged by some Christian scholars (they are, of course, WRONG).

New Years is celebrated on Ianuarius 1 (Kalends): From 153 BC onward, consuls entered office on this date, accompanied by vota publica (public vows for the wellbeing of the republic and later of the emperor) and the taking of auspices. Festivals were also held for the imported cult of Aesculapius and for the obscure god Vediovis. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_festivals

User Info: War_gob

War_gob
3 years ago#117
I suck at this game..

Jmanghan
3 years ago#118
War_gob posted...
I suck at this game..

In the "video" section, there are tutorials.

https://www.gamefaqs.com/psp/969694-gladiator-begins/videos

User Info: War_gob

War_gob
3 years ago#119
Im on day 23. Cant seem to get past Flamma.. Any tips?
In using shield style

User Info: presea_lover

presea_lover
3 years ago#120
Gotta get rid of Flamma's shield. If his shield is gone, he loses access to his most annoying moves. Another option is to take off his helmet and go for his head over and over, but I find the shield removal tactic works the best. He's fairly slow, so you can always hang back and bait him into doing moves so that you can dodge them and start smacking him around. Corner trapping works well. It takes a long time to beat his shield off, but I think that's the best strategy.
"If less is more, just think how much more more will be!" - Dr. Frasier Crane
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=presea_hater
  1. Boards
  2. Gladiator Begins
  3. Post here if you still play this game.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers

Dlc...? Tech Support4 Answers
Tips to beat Danaos??? Enemy/Boss8 Answers
Item Weight, how does it affect battle? Side Quest7 Answers
How do I use DLC from the Playstation Store? General2 Answers
How can I unlock passive skill? Side Quest2 Answers