• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. R-Type Tactics II: Operation Bitter Chocolate
  3. Is there a guide anywhere for this game?

User Info: Argonisgema

Argonisgema
2 years ago#1
i'd like to know so that I get everything.
The Official Garm of the Shin Megami Tensei IV board
Make sure you bring more Macca next time.

User Info: 6or9

6or9
2 years ago#2
I'm not entirely sure if there is, but there is a lot of general info out there on fan sites.
I recently downloaded the English patch of this game, and i did used to have every item in the game on my Japanese playthroughs.
But there are a few things that i can't get, they are the download content that i was never able to access since i'm from Europe.
I also believe that it was impossible to get a certain spoil, i forgot the number of it, but it seems it was either a download extra or some weird bug/error in the game.

I plan on starting the English run soon, so i can be able to update my answer along the way here.

Argonisgema
2 years ago#3
6or9 posted...
I'm not entirely sure if there is, but there is a lot of general info out there on fan sites.
I recently downloaded the English patch of this game, and i did used to have every item in the game on my Japanese playthroughs.
But there are a few things that i can't get, they are the download content that i was never able to access since i'm from Europe.
I also believe that it was impossible to get a certain spoil, i forgot the number of it, but it seems it was either a download extra or some weird bug/error in the game.

I plan on starting the English run soon, so i can be able to update my answer along the way here.

Looking forward to it.

User Info: prince2phore

prince2phore
1 year ago#4
a patch is available if you have the original to apply it on :)
https://www.romhacking.net/forum/index.php?topic=20725.0

prince2phore
1 year ago#5
and DLC are also available :)
google is your friend for this "cdromance", though it's more a minidisc than cd for the psp :p

prince2phore
1 year ago#6
So, not really a guide but I'm finish an excel file with all below as I'm completing my second playthrough with GZRA campaign this time (some differences and you can't do it even after beating all 3 chapters with EAFF...)
  • all units in game, BASE/DLC/Hacks with proper names and ID_UNIT should you want to create your own DLC files
  • All spoils
  • All missions with all info in one place! spoil but also resources etc
  • spoils and missions for both EAFF 3 chapters and soon GZRA 3 chapters

because of DLC related info from units, not sure if I can post this here? if anyone's interested I can share draft version with already EAFF campaigns data.

Argonisgema
1 year ago#7
Oh wow that's pretty awesome I would like to take a look if possible.
[edit] nevermind I see you posted it in guides.
I appreciate the effort you put into it.
(edited 1 year ago)

prince2phore
1 year ago#8
I'll update again soon as I've completed the other side (not much different except for a few mission in the first chapter) and added information on other misc. stuff like ranks/titles etc.

This game was a blast to play, the gameplay is really something to be copied, I'm particularly thinking about series like Super Robot Wars who really fell to innovate in a long time and this game is what they should have evolved to IMHO.

Also it's super fun to play with DLC units (or hack) on the second playthrough, all those ery hard mission allow for different strategies with different units (I only really used jamming on my second playthrough and it's awesome for bosses!).

enjoy!
HELLO IM GLAD TO SEE R TYPE TACTTICS FANS, I LOVE THIS GAME SO MUCH ANS JUSY FOUND OUT THERE'S AN ENGLISH PATCH FOR BITTER CHOCOLATE. I played this on my psp since I was in 3rd grade no joke, btw how do you put the dlc file into the r type 2 (english patch) ver 1.1?, where should I put it

User Info: Granzella

Granzella
1 month ago#10
Just finished this amazing game. It was a long ride. I think I achieved the highest title in the game since I didn´t got any new one even after consecutive victories. The highest title is Legendary Reaper (comes after Dragon) which is only awarded to those who win a certain number of consecutive missions without losing a single ship. -Spoiler Alert- I also managed to make Sgt. Gazarov my fiancee but never reached to marry her since we promised to marry after returning Earth from the last mission of the 2nd campaign. I would also like to share this record I made of the bydo campaign spoils.
Bydo campaign spoils:
Mission 1: No. 68 / No. 69 - Found behind middle ice and given after victory.
Mission 2: No. 70 - Found in the middle of the map.
Mission 3: No. 71 / No. 72 - Found in the middle of the map and given after victory.
Mission 4: No. 73 - Found just before the boss.
Mission 5: No. 74 - Found in the middle of the map.
Mission 6: No. 75 - Found in the middle of the map.
Mission 7: No. 76 / No. 77 - Found beside the etherium mines.
Mission 8: No. 78 - Found in the center of the map.
Mission 9: No. 79 / 80 - Found in the top parts of the map.
Mission 10: No. 81 / 82 - Found in the center of the map.
Mission 11: No. 83 - Found in the ice.
Mission 12: No. 84 - Found in the center of the map.
Mission 13: No. 85 / No. 86 - Found top and down.
Mission 14: No. 87 - Found in the center of the map.
Mission 15: No. 88 / No. 89 / No. 90 - 2 found in the center of the map and 1 given after victory.
Mission 16: No. 91 - Found in the center of the map.
Mission 17: No. 92 - Found below the spawn.
Mission 18: No. 93 - At the end of the map.
Mission 19: No. 94 - Found at the center of the map.
Mission 20: No. 95 - Found at the center of the map.
Mission 21: No. 96 - Found at the center of the map.
Mission 22: No. 97 - Found at the center of the map.
Mission 23: No. 98 / No. 99 - Found in the boss chamber and given after victory.

Mission 19 had such an insane amount of enemy units that I´m happy to have won it without losing more than 1 ship. I really tried to keep 0 casualties but the game simply wouldn´t let that happen...
Cheers to everyone who won the game. ^_^
  1. Boards
  2. R-Type Tactics II: Operation Bitter Chocolate
  3. Is there a guide anywhere for this game?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A