• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Portable 2
  3. Which is the best ranged AoE wep?

User Info: Fairycancel

Fairycancel
1 year ago#1
Techs? Thinking of making a Human or Cast Female Vanguard to have a great variety of options to have fun with.
MHGen Ign: Soleil, Mordecai
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

Fairycancel
1 year ago#2
AAAAAAH! Can't decide xD
On 1 end, Female human got higher tech, PP pool and defenses... On the other Female Cast got a lot of extra Accuracy, some extra HP and Strength and the ridiculous PP regen lets her better use Techs, Guns and dodges consistently.

They are pretty much equal taking everything to account but Female Cast seems slightly stronger because of having a lot more Accuracy and also having that regen since higher Tech is not as important as higher accuracy. Higher PP is better if you will be able to finish the battle before running out while the Faster regen is great if the battle will take a while. Female Human got a a lot more mind though. I like how my Human looks a little more haha.

So, what do you think? Which should I pick?

Can this be done in PSP2?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bK251x22gUY
If this is the case I'm certainly going female human xD.
Like to often use: Bow(Drilltusk/Teo Adept), DB(FMDX=Aerial), LS(Guild/Striker), GS(Aerial from time to time)

User Info: Kuja66613666

Kuja66613666
1 year ago#3
Neither of those spells exists in PSP2, they both are from Infinity.

Even post-nerf, VAnewearls are great with spells, and you get EX Traps as a backup. A Psycho Wand with Gibarta to build chains and Rabarta to break them, or Gizonde/Razonde will work wonders, even if you don't extend it. Plus, you get access to dual sabers with Blade Destruction, saber/shield for dealing with crap like Shizuru, Magashi, and eventually, if you choose to go after her, Seed Helga. Also, you can wield a KH and your rifle of choice for pretty much everything else.
PSP2 VAnewearl Amiee, Lv.200, RoA Hazama (Assassin)
Currently playing: PSP2, FFXIV, Cabal Online

Fairycancel
1 year ago#4
Kuja66613666 posted...
Neither of those spells exists in PSP2, they both are from Infinity.

Even post-nerf, VAnewearls are great with spells, and you get EX Traps as a backup. A Psycho Wand with Gibarta to build chains and Rabarta to break them, or Gizonde/Razonde will work wonders, even if you don't extend it. Plus, you get access to dual sabers with Blade Destruction, saber/shield for dealing with crap like Shizuru, Magashi, and eventually, if you choose to go after her, Seed Helga. Also, you can wield a KH and your rifle of choice for pretty much everything else.

Don't understand abbreviations for this game xD, I'm not too familiar with the lingo haha. I know female newmans are amazing mages but I'm mainly looking for a character that can do magic, melee and range well enough. Newman may become untouchable as vanguard but otherwise they are... Not very amazing at damage except with techs which brings me to the Female Human and Cast. Female Human got the second highest Tech with decent atk and second best Accuracy and PP Pool with average regen(if I remember correctly). This means they won't miss as much as well as be able to put out decent melee and ranged damage on top of having good tech damage. Female Cast is stronger as a melee or ranged attacker but the crazy regen still serves them well as a mage(magic would only be used for big groups or for enemies it's very useful for), I believe the Cast doesn't absolutely need to use the Psycho Wands.

What is KH?

Right now I'm using Double Guns, Double Sabers and Techs(Diga, Rabarta, Shifta and Resta) for AoE and putting down monsters to hack away with my blades in melee. If I go with Female Human I will also try out cards since they seem to have a okay spread for them and I want to use stave. Slicer and One Handed Dagger seems interesting xD.

Slicer+Machine Gun, Wand+Cards, One Handed Dagger+Cards/Shield/Gun seems fun.

Fairycancel
1 year ago#5
Actually, Machine Gun with daggers is pretty fun for enemies that can be knocked down. Lets you then combo to your heart's content.

Guess I will go with:
Machine Gun+Slicer(High Chain Count and Slicer Photon Arts is a cool combo)
Double Saber(Too Awesome, good AoE for melee)
Double Gun(Dat Mobility is too good at times, great for troublesome mobs)
Saber/Dagger/Claw and Shield? I hate this .-.
Stave x2(With the spells you mentioned and maybe some situational stuff, buffs and heal).

Kuja66613666
1 year ago#6
Fairycancel posted...

What is KH?

http://psp2.psupedia.info/Kokuintou_Houzuki.html

The only 2h sword really ever worth using. Extends to Lv5 anything after you kill 10k things with it, excluding Incapacitate. So, you can give it Lv5 Drain, or Stun. It has absurd ATK, and like all 2h swords, will hit multiple targets. Build a chain with faster weapons, then make your enemy eat a Grand Crusher. And, if you extended it to have Drain, gain back more health than a Male Cast Hunter can have at your current level.

My choice of spells are that way because Gibarta and Gizonde mimic the area of an EX Trap when you use a rod, and the other two Ra-spells deal heavy damage as combo finishers.

I recommend a shield alongside one of your favorite main hand weapons, not because it's often needed, but when it is, like in Max Attack Cross IV against Orga Anastasis, you'll probably regret not having one. If it lives long enough to use its ultimate attack, (it probably will) failing your perfect guard with a two-handed weapon is lethal. If attacks like that are no issue to you, than disregard shields, I guess.

Fairycancel
1 year ago#7
Ranger: Better Damage at range/Slicer. decent damage up close. Crap Tech Damage
Hunter: Better damage close, lower damage at range, crap tech
Vanguard: Similar Damage on everything.

Female Cast: Higher Damage overall with weapons but lower Tech Damage
Female Human: Similar power on everything.

pp boost 2, PP restore 2, pp bullet 2, PP Skill cost, assist 1, element 2, bomber 1, Full Custom Power 2, profesional 2, Charger 2

I can choose Ice or Thunder element as my main element to give it higher cast speed(thinking Thunder is probably better for this). Full Custom Power would give me a big boost considering how varied my set up is. PP Restore is mandatory if playing as Female human while PP Boost is for Female Cast. This puts me at 6 slots.
The rest are either Charger 2(kinda redundant since my main heavy hitter for range is the slicer set up), PP Bullet/Cost(Machine Gun is rather PP Taxing but so is Twin Sabers and the slicer) or Both abilities that increase PP(probably the best choice because of the varied build).

Set up:
PP Restore(PP Boost if Cast)
Full Custom Power
PP Boost(can be downgraded or left out for bomber or/and assist, Eva or ACC/Hi-Boost, Second Spell element? Profesional?)
Ice/Thunder Casting Speed Up

This set up also only needs for me to raise Force and Vanguard. Only one skill from Force is really needed but that skill should also be a big buff for the playstyle. Either way, raising Force when you already got the Vanguard skills should be easy xD. I don't mind having to perfect block or dodge manually. What do you think of this set up?

Fairycancel
1 year ago#8
@Kuja66613666
Ah, I understand. I'm not awfully interested in any of the one hand weps so I don't know... Guess I will have to see. I will already have slicer so I could go with that. I guess I would need to try them with better arts but all of the 1 handed weps feel horrible to me :(. Need to try Claw and Whips though. Maybe Wand? Blegh xD

Could also downgrade/Remove PP Boost and remove full custom power to get Wild Blast(and Bomber) instead. Vanguard got one hell of a ability tree xD.

Fairycancel
1 year ago#9
Well, decided to go with Female Human because I like how she looks most. Got to say, Machinegun and Slicer are a freaking awesome combo. Very versatile. Now I just need to choose my shield wep and my set up is done. Though, I could just go with Slicer and Shield, so far it's my favorite one handed wep, the main problem is that it's not very good building chains. :/

Which one handed wep are good at building chains and doing damage? @Kuja66613666

Kuja66613666
1 year ago#10
As I recommended, Sabers are great. All 3 end-game sabers work wonders at building chains while dealing damage, and Infinite Storm Lv20 is amazing, assuming you can time the 2nd hit correctly. I personally prefer an extended Holy Elsydeon, but Yasha is also good if you want to farm Max Attack Cross 1 S. They also have fast PP regen, as well.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Portable 2
  3. Which is the best ranged AoE wep?
  • Topic Archived