• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Portable 2
  3. Online runs and translation

User Info: Onigiru

Onigiru
1 year ago#1
Is the online component of this game still exist? I remember hearing the server went down about 2 or so years ago. Is there another method of playing with people across the country or world?
A__A FC: 1934-0647-5404
(o'_.'o) Steel: Metang - Excadrill - Ferroseed

Onigiru
1 year ago#2
Also, in terms of translation for phantasy star portable infinity, anyone know if it's still being worked on?

Thanks!

User Info: acezero99

acezero99
1 year ago#3
We can't play online multiplayer since it was shutdown, but if you're lucky, you can play with people who are in your area using the regular multiplayer.

As far as the translation for PSP2 Infinity is concerned, there were people working on it, but their progress seems to be very slow. This info is based on the situation from 6-12 months prior to this message.

Onigiru
1 year ago#4
Thanks for answering. Much appreciated.

Onigiru
1 year ago#5
Sorry, one more question. For regular multiplayer, do you all have to be on the same wireless or physically connected w usb cable?

User Info: acezero99

acezero99
1 year ago#6
It should be wireless. I recommend that you make sure all members are in the same channel before you launch the game.

Extra tip:

You can check and change your channel in the Network Settings option under the settings tab at the PSP dashboard (Home).

If you select Ad Hoc Mode in Network Settings, you'll have several options. For example: Automatic, Ch 1, Ch 6, Ch 11.

I've had everyone I've played with select Ch 1 since Automatic didn't work for me, and selecting a specific channel like Ch 1 actually worked.
  1. Boards
  2. Phantasy Star Portable 2
  3. Online runs and translation
  • Topic Archived