• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rage of the Gladiator
  3. From great to "eugh"

User Info: RollingSkull

RollingSkull
8 years ago#1
Haven't seen a game do such a sudden about face from AWESOME to just bad in the longest time. I just beat Vensor and moved on to challenge mode... the first orc dude in Challenge Mode is cheesy as heck. Please tell me this is an outlier and the game stops being quite so annoying once I move on to the second challenge mode bout. I've never seen a Punch-Out game or clone that didn't have a couple crappy fights so I can understand if the orc dude is an outlier but damn, he just isn't fun to fight, at all.
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000

User Info: tacomachef

tacomachef
8 years ago#2
To me, the opponents in Challenge Mode aren't quite fun. They're all more of a pain in the ass.

But, to me, Punch-Out was the same way. That's the way it should be in a game like this.

Getting anry and pissed---then you have such satisfaction once you finally KO them!

I'm halfway through Challenge Made and I'm still having a good time.
Push the button, Frank.

User Info: patrickmi777

patrickmi777
8 years ago#3
Challenge Mode seemed really hard to me at first as well. I can now get an A on all of them with little problem. It seems almost as easy as normal mode now. You just have to learn every move. Most are pretty easy to learn. The first fight is harder then the next 2. The Snake Charmer is super hard because of his bottle throws and long snake fight and is probably the hardest battle in the game. The next 2 fights are the easiest. The devil guy is pretty easy. The next fight is really hard unless you're good at dodging his Dance Human move which I'm not. Master Yee is simple until the last round which isn't as impossible as it seems at first. The last guy isn't that bad. The secret fight is simple but will seem impossible at first because it's 1 or 2 hits for him to knock you down. The Challenge Mode fights are a lot easier then they are in Punch-Out Wii.
MY TOP 5 GAMES OF ALL TIME 1.Banjo Kazooie 2.Super Castlevania IV 3.Super Mario 64 4.The Legend of Zelda 5.Soul Blazer

RollingSkull
8 years ago#4
Eh, I dunno. The TD foes in Punchout on average weren't nearly as annoying. It wasn't until TD Bald Bull and Super Macho Man that I really thought the game was being a jerk. And TD Sandman earned back a lot of that good will.

RollingSkull
8 years ago#5
Okay, I went back and smacked up the orc dude. He won't be calling in air support in a sword fight again ANY time soon.

Whomped the minotaur. On the sea witch... I think I'm done. Between the minotaur's charge move with a half second warning and the sea witch's post dodge attack spam that YOU HAVE TO MEMORIZE IN ADVANCE, this game seems to be going the wrong way with every choice it makes. Which is sad, because I like just about every aspect besides these specific cheesy moves.

Maybe Punchout was the same way in TD, but I don't remember quite feeling so cheesed.
  1. Boards
  2. Rage of the Gladiator
  3. From great to "eugh"
  • Topic Archived