• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Rage of the Gladiator
  3. Any tip for the final final boss?

User Info: EvilTedizLouis

EvilTedizLouis
8 years ago#1
The first round is very very easy once you know what to do, but then... ouch.

I got S rank on everybody in Normal Mode and A rank on everybody in Challenge Mode, but that damn last boss... it's like Mike Tyson from that old Punch-Out!!
- Isn't it a bit early in the day to start talking about Gothic architecture?
- Well, if you care to come a bit closer, we can discuss things of another nature.

User Info: patrickmi777

patrickmi777
8 years ago#2
He's actually very easy. I thought he was easier anyway then most of the challenge mode fights. You already know the first round is simple. After he is knocked down the first time, he will breath fire and you will have to jump 6 times. Now attack him with left kicks when he moves towards you. I always use left kicks for attacks so I don't get confused with following moves. For the second round the pattern is left kick, shield, right kick, shield, left kick, right kick, attack with left kicks. Continue this pattern until he goes down again. You will once again have to jump his fire attack 6 times. Once again attack him after this when he moves towards you. The pattern for third round is left kick, right kick, left kick, right kick, shield, timed jump over tail, shield, attack with left kicks. Continue doing this pattern until his power is very low. You must knock him down with a combo attack to win. I used a combo shield at the beginning of the fight incase I got hit by any of his one hit knock downs. I wanted my A. I used the meteor combo in the third round when I knew it would knock him out for good.

Hope this helps.

MY TOP 5 GAMES OF ALL TIME 1.Banjo Kazooie 2.Super Castlevania IV 3.Super Mario 64 4.The Legend of Zelda 5.Soul Blazer

User Info: RollingSkull

RollingSkull
8 years ago#3
Care to spoil the final final boss's identity?
"I mean, come ON! Kill me?! Who HASN'T tried?!"
-- Mike Nelson, Mystery Science Theater 3000

User Info: tacomachef

tacomachef
8 years ago#4
From the sound of it, it has to be the dragon on the load screen. I guess.....
Push the button, Frank.

patrickmi777
8 years ago#5
The Dragon is the last fight.
MY TOP 5 GAMES OF ALL TIME 1.Banjo Kazooie 2.Super Castlevania IV 3.Super Mario 64 4.The Legend of Zelda 5.Soul Blazer

User Info: EvilTedizLouis

EvilTedizLouis
8 years ago#6
Thanks for that!

I would probably have figured the pattern after some time (like I did for all the challenge bosses), but I was too pissed he could knock me down so fast, and I wanted to take a break.

The game was great, I can't really tell if it is harder than Punch-Out Wii or not, because it's been a while since I played Punch-Out, but both were really fun... and one of them was a lot cheaper (guess which one).

Ixthid was my favorite opponent just like Aran Ryan was for Punch-Out Wii. Ixthid was harder, but both were fun to play and had a charming personality.
- Isn't it a bit early in the day to start talking about Gothic architecture?
- Well, if you care to come a bit closer, we can discuss things of another nature.

patrickmi777
8 years ago#7
You're welcome. I'm sure you would have figured the fight out as well being that you made it to him and with your rankings.

I love Rage of the Gladiator. Even more then Punch-Out which I also love. I think I like Rage of the Gladiator more because the Challenge Mode fights were more fair and much easier then in Punch-Out. I got an A in all of them and an S in every normal fight. I even started over and won all 21 fights without upgrading anything.

Ixthid and Aran Ryan are my favorite characters from each game as well. Gargadan and Bear Hugger being close seconds.
  1. Boards
  2. Rage of the Gladiator
  3. Any tip for the final final boss?
  • Topic Archived