• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Element Hunter
  3. EH anime VS EH game!!

User Info: vayne25

vayne25
9 years ago#1
Despite how horribly depressing the anime series is, the game previews gives me a very promising good action rpg. I'm quite sure that the game will even be more informative and in-depth with the story compared to the animes' redundancy on various points that really turns it down (especially the voice acting - it could've been been better).

The anime series has various loopholes of questions that needs answering and unfortunately, what the viewers get is nothing but a semi-class story plot thats not even worth to tell someone of. But even though the anime series failed to achieve a good status, I couldn't help but get excited waiting for this. I'm looking forward to playing it once its released in the US version. (I think it was namco or atlus who will be localizing this one)

User Info: Akira_gospel

Akira_gospel
9 years ago#2
I think you're getting your hopes up in regards to any form of localization.
While I wish I was wrong, this series just doesn't seem like it will garner a whole lot of positive reception on release in Japan. Which is a shame, because It really looks like an impressive game.

Hopefully, however, I'm wrong.

Let's find that exit they call "paradise"!

User Info: Axersia

Axersia
9 years ago#3

lol, no way is this getting localized unless they bring over the anime as well (which has a fair chance of happening, I suppose, considering it's a kids show).

And how exactly does this game look promising? Looks like the everyday subpar anime-based RPG to me. Unless you're a fan of the show, I really don't see why you'd be interested in this.

User Info: Zabi

Zabi
9 years ago#4
Personally I like the anime. It was beginning to get repetitive but plot is kicking in now.

As for the odds of localization, it's a tossup. I think it depends mostly on how well the Monster Hunter type games are doing outside Japan. The anime normally would have a low chance of getting licensed because it's not something 4kids would pick up because of their "Kids are stupid" mentality while kid's shows that are clearly for kids are not popular with the major anime publishers. The reason the show has gained a much better chance than normal at being licensed is because it's now being fansubbed by Dattebayo, the most popular of all fansub groups and being subbed by them has promoted the show to one of the most downloaded series of it's season.

And how exactly does this game look promising? Looks like the everyday subpar anime-based RPG to me.

Well, the gameplay resembles Monster Hunter and it has mixing and matching elements to create a variety of different weapons.
Currently Playing: Little Big Planet, Scribblenauts, Yu-Gi-Oh! GX Tag Force 2
  1. Boards
  2. Element Hunter
  3. EH anime VS EH game!!
  • Topic Archived