• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Alice in Wonderland
  3. Overall thoughts of the game...

User Info: kennect

kennect
9 years ago#1
I am not a gamer by any means...I just picked this up due to interest in the whole Alice thing...But I am very curious as to what you guys here think of the game overall...A hit or a miss...I must say there have been several areas in it that really have stumped me but I have gotten through them...Other areas I have had to ask for help here...Would love to hear what you think of it overall....

User Info: newgamer2010

newgamer2010
9 years ago#2
I'm a new gamer, and I've already had to look on the board and ask for help. A walkthrough would really help for this game but I don't think there is one available. Certain areas get so frustrating that I just want to give up because a solution isn't on the board yet. (Which has been an awesome resource for me) But then when someone helps, it seems less tricky. It would be nice to have a walkthrough for those hard parts, which I imagine are different for everyone. I'm sure most people would think that's cheating. But better that, than walking away from the game and playing something else. I am sure this game is easier for those gamers with more experience.

Love the graphics, and the multiple characters. But sometimes, playing it by myself, switching characters quickly is a challenge. I usually end up getting killed and am running out of lives. I'm still in the forrest of doors so I'm not very far-and am new at this, so I don't progress quickly. But I do like it and am getting hooked on gaming! I can't wait until I find the Mad Hatter and the Cheshire Cat. It's a Disney game, so it is a nice family game. So far, I am glad I chose this one.

User Info: PepsiPlease1

PepsiPlease1
9 years ago#3
I liked the game since it was go at your own pace. I played games where you must be a master at it in two seconds like Call of Duty.

I had fun killing the grass and mushrooms to get extra points. To the point where you never have to worry about dying. And if you Press the number 2 button there is a map.

I beat the game in 14 hours. But I'm still searching for at least 2 chest and 1 chess piece.

User Info: geelw

geelw
9 years ago#4
If you liked the Wii version and also own a DS or DSI, try that one as well. While it has the same plot, the visuals are quirkier, the game is more challenging and the script is actually funnier in spots.

Also, there's the Dgamer service built in to the cartridge that adds a sort of "Achievement" system and allows you to create an avatar and go online via wi-fi for fun with other Dgamer users (or you can stay offline if you like). You'll be able to unlock gear for your guy or gal to wear, including costumes based on the film.

It's sort of like having an Xbox Live experience on the DS (which is kind of amusing when you think about it).

g.

"You know, there's nothing but terrorists and military freaks down there."
"Well, I won't be shaking hands and collecting business cards."

User Info: PRINCESSMAGICAL

PRINCESSMAGICAL
9 years ago#5
I love my DS and have many games but the DS version of this looks incredibly stupid. I'll stick with the Wii version.
Your chains are still mine, you belong to me! ~ The Phantom Of The Opera

User Info: geelw

geelw
9 years ago#6
... Judging a game based on screen shots before you've played it isn't very Magical, Princess.

Take a look at the reviews (which are actually fair and well written). Everyone was surprised at how well the DS version plays. As for the graphics, it's called stylization. Give that the SAME developer worked on both versions of the game and managed to incorporate many of the exact same gameplay elements in both games, you'll be surprised at how much fun the DS version is.

(it's actually a bit longer than the Wii game, as well)

g.

"You know, there's nothing but terrorists and military freaks down there."
"Well, I won't be shaking hands and collecting business cards."

User Info: candy4bar

candy4bar
9 years ago#7
I finished the game and found everything etc...but the end fight was a dud ....I figured everyone would be fighting ....like the movie.
  1. Boards
  2. Alice in Wonderland
  3. Overall thoughts of the game...
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Answers