• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Yubbus

Yubbus
3 years ago#1
Hi I am another ex-SMT IV coming back to this game.
Demon source says something about if the level of your demon is higher you can get a higher skill from the source (if it has more than 1).
1) But source have no levels so we are talking about levels of the demons being fused, right?
2) If I am not using source,then it really doesn't matter what level they are then? (i.e. no benefits at all and I can fuse straight away)
Congratulations! Your credit card has been successfully recorded! Tales of this historic moment will be told and retold down through the generations. Way to go!

User Info: Roh_Sparr

Roh_Sparr
3 years ago#2
i'm not sure what you are talking about here. are you talking about the extra skill that comes with any/every demon source? if so, what matters is the skill's rank, not the demon's level.

every demon sources come with a fix skill set. however, every sources also come with a bonus skill that is taken directly from the skills the demon currently possess in its skill set.

this example and explanation is a copy/paste of Zeruel's Game Mechanics/Demon Database faq
( http://www.gamefaqs.com/ds/961651-shin-megami-tensei-strange-journey/faqs/59384 )
that link also has a list of skills by ranks

1) But source have no levels so we are talking about levels of the demons being fused, right?
Once a demon that is 100% analyzed levels up, it may give you its Demon Source,
a crystallized skill set that may be used in fusion to pass on to another
demon. You WILL receive it if you level the demon up for the first time, but
for any time after that, it gives you its Source (current level - level when
summoned from compendium/joined you) X 2% of the time. These Sources have their
own default skill(s), but will also add another Bonus Skill, which is based on
the demon's current skills.

Example: Night Sandman
skill name - Rank
Zio - 1
Dormina - 1
Mazio - 2
Arrow Rain - 5
Tetraja - 8
Victory Cry - 14

possible Bonus Skills
Zio - 1
Arrow Rain - 5
Tetraja - 8
Victory Cry - 14

Dormina and Mazio are excluded because they're already default Source skills.

chance of being a Bonus Skill
Zio - ****
Arrow Rain - ***
Tetraja - **
Victory Cry - *

The lower the skill rank, the more likely it will become a Bonus Skill.

Source Skills
Mazio - 2
Dormina - 1
Zio - 1

Mazio and Dormina are default source skills, while Zio is most likely to become
a Bonus Skill.

2) If I am not using source,then it really doesn't matter what level they are then? (i.e. no benefits at all and I can fuse straight away)

if you are not using sources (and even if you are using them), you shouldn't pay too much about the bonus skill. so yeah, it doesn't matter

however, there will come a time when you will care about your demons Learning specific skills. when that time comes, you'll need the sources (mostly for the fixed skills). so make sure to obtain a source before fusing/deleting a demon from your party.

only if you want to make a source with a specific bonus skill should you care about that system.
Okay! Boss Fight!! Time to get excited!!! -- Neptune
JP PSN: RSparr ///// US PSN: Roh_Sparr
  • Topic Archived