• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
  3. Downloading save here makes it possible to instantly access true ending, right?

User Info: blasster

blasster
11 months ago#1
Feels like giving this a shot, but really don't feel like replaying for the blocked true ending route thingy.

If I dl a save posted here, does it mean true ending accessible if I start from beginning?
Mobage: Fire Emblem Heroes [F2P BTW]
Console: -----

User Info: podracer35

podracer35
11 months ago#2
I'm not too familiar with the way these saves work, but I would assume yes.

I would caution that while there are multiple routes, the true ending is the worst place to start. I'd at the very least recommend doing the "Safe" route first, since that is the only route required before reaching the true end. You won't get the full experience and I don't think the True ending will make any sense without the Safe Ending as context.

I'd recommend this flowchart to get both endings:
https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/ds/961351-nine-hours-nine-persons-nine-doors/map/7565-room-ending-flowchart

Safe End is Door 5 -> 8 -> 6
True End is Door 4 -> 7 -> 1

The overlap between these routes is pretty minimal, and you won't have to do any puzzle twice.
Stolen Memories CYOA: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/77650878
3DS Friend Code: 0903-3152-6750 | Switch: SW-7969-0713-4583

blasster
11 months ago#3
Ah, thanks for the reply.

I'm currently using the spoiler-free walkthrough here, cuz well, it says "spoiler-free", though I guess some parts just feel like I should already know what I'm doing.

The puzzle solution is on-spot though. Like I seriously have no idea whenever "insert number to unlock" thing come up.

Does choices on convo not matter at all as long as you go thru the right doors? Like being an ass to June and others.

Like, I just got pass the freezer part, and choices feel like you can be ass towards June when she discuss the titanic or ice-9 thing, ofc the walkthough suggest to be kind to June though (and I personally don't wanna be ass towards this sweet June anyway!).

Anyway, since I already started and go thru door 4 (as I mentioned, I'm just past freezer part), I'm not sure if I wanna go back and restart again anyhow. Maybe I'll get true first and then play safe, in reverse.

Or if the save somehow don't work, and I just get stuck at coffin end, maybe I guess I can go to safe end, then back to true end.

Again, thanks for the reply and sorry if this feels like blogpost. Guess I'm just kinda excited cuz I wasn't sure if anyone would actually reply on old board like this!
(edited 11 months ago)

podracer35
11 months ago#4
Again, I'm not sure exactly what save you have or how it works, but you can't get the True ending without the Safe Ending first.

But anyways, the guides should help you along. There are some story checks in the dialogue options that flag for the true end, so if you don't make those choices, you'll get a different ending. The ending you get instead is one of my favorites, so it's not a huge loss. You're still relatively early on if you're just past the Freezer, so it isn't too late to turn back and just do the Safe end if that's you're preference.

Either way, it sounds like you're having some fun with the game at least, so I'm happy for that! Haha

I assume you're playing on a DS emulator? If you have the means to get it, could alternatively play the PC version (Zero Escape: The Nonary Games). It has voice acting and a built in flowchart that makes moving around the routes a lot easier. The trade-off there is that it does break the flow of the game a bit, since part of the fun for me was going through each of the routes from start to finish and seeing what changed along the way. The DS version is the better version overall, but there are some quality-of-life changes. (Plus, you get the second game in the series which is also a fun time)

blasster posted...
Again, thanks for the reply and sorry if this feels like blogpost. Guess I'm just kinda excited cuz I wasn't sure if anyone would actually reply on old board like this!
Ah, you're welcome! This is one of my all-time favorite games and I have this board tracked for that reason. ^_^

And if you think this is a blog post, when I first played through this game, I basically did a full text commentary as I played through it! haha I looked back on the board here and it's hard to believe that was 7 and a half years ago @_@ time sure flies
Stolen Memories CYOA: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/997811-animal-crossing-new-leaf/77650878
(edited 11 months ago)

blasster
11 months ago#5
Ah, straight to the point, I am playing this on a DS.
Yes, a working DS, even though this s*** is prob more than 10 years already.

As for VLR, I actually have a physical copy of it right now. 3DS version. Borrowed from a friend.
.....Don't have ZTD though. >_>

Thanks for the recommendation regardless. Yeah, I assume getting the PC/PS4 version nowadays, for all three games at once, prob makes most sense than hunting down each game individually.

=====

Back to this one, I already passed the coffin ending check, so it looks like the save posted worked just fine.

Yea, kinda blitzed it I guess, already reached the Lab section. Can't stop playing after the hospital story bits development, the main story sure hook me there. :)
(edited 11 months ago)

podracer35
11 months ago#6
Playing on an original DS is perfect, and my preferred way. VLR is great and ZTD is not bad either, but both games end up being a bit different from each other.

Ah, so you're on you way to the true ending? I guess there's no stopping at this point ahaha I'm curious to know your thoughts and reactions on playing the story in this order. It'll be interesting to see.

blasster
11 months ago#7
Well, I'll be happy to share.
Here are my immidiate thoughts after finishing with true end first playthrough;
(Putting it behind spoilers bar just in case)

=====

Starting with biggest question, who is Zero really? Of course, the implication is Akane, but I don't quite get why, and I don't think the game actually bother explaining further. I mean, there's no dramatic revelation from Akane herself that "I am Zero" etc.

So Santa left with Ace from burning room, June disappear, and we pretty much left to figure it ourselves what's the deal with Santa and June. Are they in cohort all along then? Does that mean the whole Santa pointing a gun in June head just a f***ing act?

See, up to Seven conveniently remembering everything and told us his past as detective, I get that Ace is children kidnapper and all that, Aoi's sister Akane died thanks to him and three others, and now Aoi disguised as Santa wanna take revenge at the four people who caused his sister death.

This would be fine, and make sense. June could be just someone else to remind Ace and other three of their sins. Revenge is common motive after all.

But then the twist that makes less sense happened, June is Akane after all, and Junpei is there to change history, solving the sudoku puzzle for young Akane, and young Akane can apparently talk to future Junpei. I'm mindf***ed.

So Akane is Zero all along because she needs Junpei to save her younger self? And her brother Aoi been helping her all along? It still feels like bulls*** "this is not about revenge" when they make Ace kills three people though.

=====

Secondly, I am left to wonder what about Seven memory before the burning room event then? Junpei did press him and he said Akane burned to death. Will that change now after Junpei change history?

In the ending, it feels like Junpei gonna ask Seven whether Akane is alive or not from his memory again, but then we get cut to the hitching lady and it ends before Junpei can ask him. Not cool copping out on this bruh.

=====

Lastly, less about story itself, now I understand why you said it is better if I play other routes first, because there are various dialogue where Junpei said to himself that "he somehow knows stuff that he shouldn't" or "he's not surprised even when it is his first time hearing it".

Frankly, I couldn't care less about Santa explanation of divergence stuff, but all I gathered is that Junpei shouldn't know about Ace disease on this route (the "cannot recognize face" thing), and yet he does, and it is something that "we players" know from playing other routes (I'm assuming, of course, the safe route).

=====

Right, I guess all these write-up is about everything that I can dump out right now, with true end as first experience.

Guess I take a break before starting the safe route playthrough, and will prob play slower this time anyway lol.
(edited 11 months ago)

podracer35
11 months ago#8
Interesting... Yeah, there's a lot of little details and things that build up to the reveal in the true ending. I'm not surprised that you've got those questions ahaha

I don't wanna confirm or deny any of your thoughts, but do know that there will be loose ends left up to interpretation/speculation. Like some things aren't outright confirmed, but the dots are all there. There is an answers site where the writer goes over a lot of the big common questions and it all comes together.

blasster
11 months ago#9
Ah, please don't worry about it. I'm happy enough there's someone replying to this topic.

And yeah, if I'm really curious enough about unsolved story spoilers/clarification, I can just check the wiki/fandom at later time.
(edited 11 months ago)
  1. Boards
  2. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
  3. Downloading save here makes it possible to instantly access true ending, right?
  • Post New Message

GameFAQs Q&A