• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
  3. -Massive Spoiler- Knife Ending [What I know]

User Info: RavenArkenna

RavenArkenna
8 years ago#1
So I've decided to use my analytical power to really sort through what happened in the knife ending, first of all because the game actually doesn't reveal to you who the killer is and because it kept me up thinking about it. So bear with me as I go through everything we know.

At the start we have

1 - Ace
2 - Snake
3 - Santa
4 - clover
5 - Junpei
6 - June
7 - Seven
8 - Lotus
9 - Ninth man (Dead)

We know so far that Snake and Clover are brother and sister, or so they say, and that you have a connection with June. Leaving aside any assumptions besides the sibling thing we continue.

After searching for Snake, then later on finding out that he was "murdered" through the number 3 door we can really start to piece together the puzzles. First a head count.

1 - Ace
2 - Snake (Dead)
3 - Santa
4 - clover
5 - Junpei - Alibi
6 - June
7 - Seven
8 - Lotus
9 - Ninth man (Dead)

So. Snake is dead, only three people to five people can go through a door and we assume that you are not one of the murderers. Doing some quick math we can glean that you need 12 to get through the door number 3. Which mean you need a total of 10 not including snake...so the only ways to get ten are...

Lets assume that there were three murderers for a second

5+4+1=10(Instantly disproved as you are part of the number)
1+3+6=10(Instantly disproved as June was with you the whole time)

Though this is the only possibility for a three man murder also one of the lesser possibilities I wanted to put this up there just in case, if three people were the murderer and not just two, June would be one of the killers with the only innocents being JunpIei, Lotus, Clover, and Seven. Though this is a valid place to start, I think it is improbable and actually impossible because June was with you the entire time you search for Snake so removing this possibility as it's the only 3 murderer possibility we move on to the two murderer theory that it mentions in the story.

6+4 (Disproved as June was with you the whole time)
7+3

So now we're finally onto something. June cannot be the killer, and neither can Junpei, and if neither of these can be the killer than it is also impossible for Ace to be a killer and of course Lotus. So we've eliminated all options but this one. Santa and Seven must be the murderers of Snake. They were the only people who have no alibi, and have the perfect digital root to open the door number 3 with Snake, and leave him to die inside. Knowing that...let's move on to the point where you pass the coffin and there is knocking leading into the story of Clover's disappearance.

At the time, Santa, Ace, and June are accounted for in your party... While Seven, Lotus, and "Clover" are accounted for in the other party, then Lotus and Seven tell you that Clover is missing...which leads us to believe that the ONLY person who could be in the coffin according to the nine people who we know were on the ship and the people left alive...it could only be Clover. So lets do a head count real quick.

1 - Ace - Alibi
2 - Snake (Dead)
3 - Santa - Suspected Murderer
4 - Clover - Coffin
5 - Junpei - Alibi
6 - June - Alibi
7 - Seven -Suspected Murderer
8 - Lotus - Found Dead.
9 - Ninth man (Dead)

Right before you die you find Lotus dead, which mean there are only three people alive at that exact moment who could not be the killer. Ace, June, and you...Clover has gone missing and could also be dead but we've decided she's in the coffin. The killer is down on the deck that you are on and you die...you get a very key piece of information at this point...

"Who could gain the most out of killing Lotus."

The fun part begins.
^ E4s Private Army ^ - "Greatest Nub"

RavenArkenna
8 years ago#2
So who could get the most out of killing Lotus, assuming they are going to use the bracelets to get through the number nine doors we need to find out who + Lotus = the digital root of nine, but there's a problem, you need at least three people so we'll run through a couple situations.

First: Seven + Santa = 10 + (Lotus) 8 = 18 = 1+8 = 9

Woah on the first try we see that Santa and Seven both profit greatly from killing Lotus, and would be able to make it through the door, but what if we implicate the "suspected murderers" separately, but this time we add in the fact that Snake also died and we were not able to see his bracelet on the ground, so assuming it was taken.

Second: Lotus + Snake = 10 + Santa (3) = 13 STOP right there...this means that Santa, would need only one more bracelet to get through the door alone...that bracelet being (5) or Junpei's bracelet...and seeing as how you died at the end this is a possibility...but wait who's left over?

Seven + June = 13 + Ace(1) = 14 + Clover(4) = 18 = 1+8 =9

So Santa, upon killing you could go through one door alone, and Seven could go through the other door alone. The game gives us everything we need to get in order to figure this out...

It's obvious that the person who killed you is Santa, because he needed your bracelet to get through the number nine door alone...but the original idea was to kill Lotus, and for just Seven and Santa to get through one door alone...probably leaving the rest to die Lets see...

1+4+5+6 = 16 = 1+6 = 7 So you wouldn't be able to get through the door if Santa and Seven took or killed Lotus and went through only one door...but then there's a bunch of other questions like...why wouldn't they just go through the two doors with Seven and Santa in different doors, unless they really didn't know what happened to Clover and had to move into action in order to save themselves before anyone found out.

Either way that's my whole take on the Knife Ending. Hope you got as much as I did, and stay tuned for more endings.

User Info: RyoKaiba

RyoKaiba
8 years ago#3
Play through ending 4, the 'Safe' Ending. You'll find that there was definitely someone who could've benefited from taking Lotus's bracelet. Think about the bracelet rules real quick: You can't take it off until either the game is finished or you're dead. Who died throughout the game? The 9th man and Snake would be the conclusion YOU could come to. Now, assuming Lotus was the only other one who died during the Knife ending, who could benefit from it....? Also, remember... who was it that had a knife? Hmmmm.....

<SPOILER FOR THE ANSWER!>

1+8+9= 18 --> 1+8 = 9

User Info: Nasuren

Nasuren
8 years ago#4
You forgot something. The knife.

Looking up at the completion symbol is the weapon itself, it looks familiar, doesn't it? It looks like the 9th's man knife that he used in his ill fated attempt to escape. Let us assume that the knife isn't another item that someone started with. The greatest possibility is that someone looted it from the corpse behind door 5. So work from there.

I took door 4 when I got the ending. The ones how had the chance to snatch it in passing?

Ace Clover Snake Seven

Let work it some more, shall we? Let look at possible motives for the murders of the victims.

Junpei- Wrong place at the wrong time. Lotus was killed in front of the elevator, and like any idiot he stepped out and checked her pulse without making sure the killer was gone. So close to the elevator, he would have had a chance to see the killer if he tried to escape in the elevator without killing him.

Lotus- Instead of looking at her bracelet as a needed item to escape, let's reverse it. Rather who needs the bracelet, who needs it to disappear? It opens a new line of thinking.

RavenArkenna
8 years ago#5
The problem with implicating Ace in my case is that I went through door 5 when I got the knife ending. It was Junpei, Seven, and Snake. Meaning that Ace went through the other door, unless somehow he backtracked into that room I don't see him getting the 9th man's knife. And assuming he is the killer was Snake just collateral damage killed by someone else or did he have a hand in that too...well if he had a hand in killing Snake and it takes at least three people to open a door lets see...

1+2+X = 12 Well X has to equal 9... So what would be who... June and Santa or Clover and Junpei...both of those people don't make sense...June would be traumatized after helping Santa open the door just to kill the guy plus she was basically with you the whole time anyway.

The chance that Ace is the killer in MY knife ending is highly improbable...I've already explained that, but I'm sure as I play more endings that I will see more of the story and be able to make out more then...I just recently got the Sub ending and it seems like it's completely irrelevant to the Knife Story.

User Info: TheDeadMoon

TheDeadMoon
8 years ago#6
Seven props the door open when he goes through the 5th door. It is possible for him to go back and get the knife
http://streetfighter.opticplay.com//go_files/images/thumbs/dan-beatinupken.gif
Soul Silver FC: 4426 3708 7494

User Info: FallenBlue

FallenBlue
8 years ago#7
I don't see why Clover has to be in the coffin. She disappeared, but that could just mean she's hiding/getting the knife.

User Info: Technolol

Technolol
8 years ago#8
it's really easy to figure out. Ace was obviously the one to stab you. He admitted to going back to get the 9th Man's bracelet in multiple endings, meaning this is a permanent part of the story.

User Info: chairmandrek14

chairmandrek14
8 years ago#9
What the hell dude? The guy only got the knife ending so far. Careful with the spoilers!
"The Country was in peril; he was jeopardizing his traditional rights of freedom and independence by daring to exercise them."--Yossarian (Catch 22)
  1. Boards
  2. Nine Hours, Nine Persons, Nine Doors
  3. -Massive Spoiler- Knife Ending [What I know]
  • Topic Archived