• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Fez
  3. This puzzle is killing me right now

User Info: Zanchbot

Zanchbot
9 years ago#1
It's an offshoot of the infamous waterfall area with all the secrets in it. Here's what it looks like:

http://www.imgur.com/oEwMi.jpg
http://www.imgur.com/NuShd.jpg

The inscription up top reads:

Please answer this security question. What's my name?

Security question hint: my first half is what it is. my second half is half of what made it.

As for the letter blocks below, you've got S, T, Z, M, T, U/V, N, R, F, B, I, H, A, E, H, S

Clearly the hint is important, but I guess I don't have a mind for riddles like this. Anyone else gotten to this part and figured it out?

User Info: IdOfElru

IdOfElru
9 years ago#2
How are you reading the inscrption?
GT: Snapshot King

User Info: Zanchbot

Zanchbot
9 years ago#3
Have you been to the waterfall area with the multiple secrets? If you go up from there, you'll come to a shady area with a stone pillar and a fox jumping over a dog. The inscription on the stone reads "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" providing a complete translation of the Fez alphabet.

User Info: IdOfElru

IdOfElru
9 years ago#4
Zanchbot posted...
Have you been to the waterfall area with the multiple secrets? If you go up from there, you'll come to a shady area with a stone pillar and a fox jumping over a dog. The inscription on the stone reads "The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" providing a complete translation of the Fez alphabet.

Fair enough, but what side do you start on and what direction do you rotate?
GT: Snapshot King

User Info: AnotherSomebody

AnotherSomebody
9 years ago#5
I'm in the same room and I'm beginning to think it's too much of a coincidence that one of the words you can spell with those letters is "fish"...
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser

User Info: MrFwibbles

MrFwibbles
9 years ago#6
Half of what made it = father?
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.

User Info: AnotherSomebody

AnotherSomebody
9 years ago#7

Half of what made it = father?

Good guess but with the way the blocks work you can only have one F or one R not both. I tried MOTHER and it doesn't work, probably because there are two spare letters.

So let's break it down then. There are eight blocks in total, each with four (or five in some cases due to duplicate symbols) possible letter configurations:

1. A G M S
2. A G M S
3. B H N T
4. B H N T
5. B H N T
6. C I O U V
7. E K Q X Z
8. F L R Y

(Note this is not the order of the blocks, just the way I chose to sort them.)

I'm at a loss...
"Believe none of what you hear, and only half of what you see." - Alfred Glaser

User Info: MrFwibbles

MrFwibbles
9 years ago#8
Assuming you can rearrage the blocks, my best guess is ambience/ambient music/musical, but I don't have the game and I'm not sure how these extra letters might work. :(
DLC, online passes and the rise of casual budget gaming have ruined the video game industry.

User Info: Lunetian

Lunetian
9 years ago#9
Now, I don't even have the game, and I suck at riddles :P, but this hint:
"my first half is what it is. my second half is half of what made it."
Makes me think that it's talking about the game, and who made it.

GameFish or GameTron (as in half of Polytron)

Is it possible to spell either of those out?

... Yeah, I'm sorry. That makes no sense, heh.

User Info: moomoomashoo

moomoomashoo
9 years ago#10
If you notice that the blocks slightly change colour to a darker shade when you go to the "back" of them, that leads me to believe you should only take the front of the blocks.

Which means you've got:

G T Z M T U/V N R under the first "panel", and

M N K K/Q S N O H L for the second.

I think that means you have to line up the first 8 blocks (not necessarily all 8) for the first half, the second eight for the second half.

Only problem with this theory is that it doesn't seem to work either. I'm terrible at anagram, but I can't come up with anything.
Isn't that right, Zach?
  1. Boards
  2. Fez
  3. This puzzle is killing me right now
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A