• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. F1 2009
  3. Such slow pit stops

User Info: josh4qpr

josh4qpr
10 years ago#1

I'm doing carrer mode in the toro rosso. im doing it on hard with just wheel spin assist on. i was in P2 in melbourne catching the leader then i pitted and the pit lasted something like 13 seconds just on an average 2 stopper, why??

User Info: TokyoEAD

TokyoEAD
10 years ago#2
Yeah.. same here. Not sure why, maybe it depends on the team. Could be a quicker pitstop with Brawn GP?

User Info: psychobrew

psychobrew
10 years ago#3
Were any repairs done to the wings? If you're playing in hard, I'm assuming you have damage on. I also wonder if different teams run at different speeds like TokyoEAD said.

User Info: josh4qpr

josh4qpr
10 years ago#4

yeah i had damage on but there werent any wing changes or anything..

psychobrew
10 years ago#5
I think it's definitely team related after playing the challenge mode. If anything was in yellow, they might have changed those parts out even though they don't show any graphics.

User Info: calvinliang

calvinliang
10 years ago#6
F1 2006 has interactive pit stops. I liked that much more. I like F1 2006 much more in general.
PSN ID: CaptCalvin

User Info: WFEATHER7

WFEATHER7
10 years ago#7
Not 100% certain about this, but typically I just blasted into Pit Lane at full speed, and I also ended up with pit stops having NASCAR-type times (or worse). However, in the race I just finished, I actually slowed down for once and met the speed limit for Pit Lane, and as soon as servicing was done, the lollipop went up and I was out of the pit box. So the super-long pit stops could be the game's version of a penalty for ignoring the Pit Lane speed limit.
"If humans don't want me, why did they create me!?!"

psychobrew
10 years ago#8

WFEATHER7 posted...
Not 100% certain about this, but typically I just blasted into Pit Lane at full speed, and I also ended up with pit stops having NASCAR-type times (or worse). However, in the race I just finished, I actually slowed down for once and met the speed limit for Pit Lane, and as soon as servicing was done, the lollipop went up and I was out of the pit box. So the super-long pit stops could be the game's version of a penalty for ignoring the Pit Lane speed limit.

---

What is the speed limmit?

User Info: WFEATHER7

WFEATHER7
10 years ago#9
Speed limit appears to be 62MPH - when I come into Pit Lane slower than that, then the car speeds up to 62MPH once the CPU takes over.

User Info: saighc

saighc
10 years ago#10
The pitstop are always that slow. Even on the easier setting.
  1. Boards
  2. F1 2009
  3. Such slow pit stops
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How do i get the speed Demon Award? General1 Answer
What kinds of unlockables are there? General3 Answers
Red Bull? General1 Answer
Blown Engine? General1 Answer
Saving Mid-race? General1 Answer