• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Boge

Boge
8 years ago#1
So, is this like Battlefield? I read over Gamespy's review and it really never went into the gameplay and objectives.

My friends and I are cooperative vs AI only type of players. Is that an option here? I don't want to play online vs real players.

User Info: wesjackson23

wesjackson23
8 years ago#2
It's kind of like battlefield but not really. It's hard to explain what kind of game Red Orchestra is like because it really is in a field all its own. The best way to see how it plays is to look up gameplay videos on the internet.

Also if you don't want to play online vs real players this is not the game for you. There are AI bots you can play against but the campaign is really awful and the AI is also really awful, this game is far and away developed with online player vs player action just like the original was. I would suggest finding another game to play since there are other FPS out there for PC that don't have terrible campaigns and you can get your friends to play it with you online.
yub yub commander

User Info: eddieham13

eddieham13
8 years ago#3
You shouldn't be playing the battlefield games for singleplayer either really, I mean The ones before Bad Company had no proper singleplayer... both of those games are multiplayer experiences with some singleplayer content.

Boge
8 years ago#4
We played Battlefield 2 against AI bots a lot. It was a blast! Is the AI in this game at least as fun to kill as Battlefield 2?

Boge
8 years ago#5
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6793/red-orchestra-2-conducting-without-co-op-patch-incoming.html

"the game is currently missing the planned co-op mode."

Uh...for real? Is that the campaign coop mode that's missing, or is there another multiplayer mode you can do against bots?

User Info: Cobra5

Cobra5
8 years ago#6

Boge posted...
http://www.co-optimus.com/article/6793/red-orchestra-2-conducting-without-co-op-patch-incoming.html

"the game is currently missing the planned co-op mode."

Uh...for real? Is that the campaign coop mode that's missing, or is there another multiplayer mode you can do against bots?

No, there is no co-op at all currently. Also, if what you're interested in is co-op only, this game isn't very good, like eveyrone has been saying. Its focused very heavily on the multiplayer.

User Info: koospetoors

koospetoors
8 years ago#7
I heard that the co-op mode will be implemented later on, but you should honestly think twice about getting the game if you plan on never playing online against other players (that's where the game is the best) since the campaign is just a glorified skirmish mode with really dumb AI.

Boge
8 years ago#8
You guys didn't answer my question about how it compares with Battlefield 2 AI. I'm sure most of you would say the same thing about Battlefield 2 "don't play it against AI, it's not as fun", well guess what, we LOVE playing against the AI in that game.

So would it be at least as good as that?

User Info: Cobra5

Cobra5
8 years ago#9

Boge posted...
You guys didn't answer my question about how it compares with Battlefield 2 AI. I'm sure most of you would say the same thing about Battlefield 2 "don't play it against AI, it's not as fun", well guess what, we LOVE playing against the AI in that game.

No.

User Info: koospetoors

koospetoors
8 years ago#10

Boge posted...

The enemy AI once stormed their own base alongside my allies, that's how bad they can be at times. So no, its not really as good as BF2's AI.

• Topic Archived