• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Install on SSD: Worth it?

User Info: JoeyStyles66

JoeyStyles66
7 years ago#1
Just wondering if you guys think it would be worth the 20GB space to install this game on my SSD versus my Caviar Black 1TB drive. I'd expect better load times obviously but are there any other performance benefits to note? Will the load times be that much better?
XBL: TonyBabagan00sh || PSN: TonyBabagan00sh
Intel i7 940 OC @ 3.6 Ghz, EVGA X58 FTW3, Radeon HD 5870 1GB, 6GB OCZ DDR3-1600, 120GB OCZ SSD

User Info: Vorgier

Vorgier
7 years ago#2
No.
"OBJECTION! ....I was hoping I'd think of something while objecting, Your Honor..." - Miles Edgeworth

User Info: Bird_Killer

Bird_Killer
7 years ago#3
If you have that much space, I would. I would do it for other games and programs unless there's something you're not telling us...
Playing: World of Warcraft (Blackrock - US, BirdKiller), Starcraft 2 (BirdKiller #846), Portal 2

User Info: enkeixpress_

enkeixpress_
7 years ago#4
Yep, I'd say to Install the game onto the SSD.

A good idea would be to install the open beta on there once that arrives, It'll give you a rough idea of how the real deal will handle on it. Install the open beta on both drives & compare 'em together, see which one comes out on top, I guess.

User Info: Printul_Noptii

Printul_Noptii
7 years ago#5

no simple as that the caviar black is more than enough and the only boost a good HDD give sto gaming is the faster map loads other than that you could also install it on a caviar green I recommend installing your OS on the SSD, cheers

User Info: PrettyBoyMath

PrettyBoyMath
7 years ago#6

lol if you have the space then why not? Its like asking GTX580 vs 9800GT.

User Info: thenewguy2012

thenewguy2012
7 years ago#7
SSd is good use it for your operating system a flash drive can be an ssd to.
amd phenomx6 4.2ghz hawkamd5770superclock 8gbram 2tbhd 20 gb ssd with os

User Info: Vorgier

Vorgier
7 years ago#8
People act like because that extra 5-10 seconds you get from loading that map from your SSD is going to mean something.

There is 0 benefit.
"OBJECTION! ....I was hoping I'd think of something while objecting, Your Honor..." - Miles Edgeworth

User Info: Silverbound

Silverbound
7 years ago#9
NO.

won't make any difference unless you have less RAM than the recommended and then setup the SSD as a virtual memory drive, but that would be idiotic.

User Info: Howfish

Howfish
7 years ago#10
SSD in general isn't worth it IMO lol they're over $1 a gig at best and there's really no increase in performance in gaming. You might save a few seconds off loading times but a lot of benchmarks have shown that that isn't even always the case.
GTX 480 SLI @ 800/1600/2000 | Intel i7 930 @ 3.6ghz | 6gb Corsair DDR3 | Asus P6T Mobo | Creative X-FI Xtreme Music | 1200W PSU | 1920 x 1080
  1. Boards
  2. Battlefield 3
  3. Install on SSD: Worth it?
  • Topic Archived