• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Should I play MGS4: GotP before playing this?

User Info: pionear

pionear
1 year ago#1
I got Revengence on Steam...but I haven't played MGS4 yet (played all the way up to 3, and MGS5:GZ)

Will I miss out on anything important from MGS4 if I start to play this?

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 year ago#2
Eh.

Not really. It features mostly new characters, though it will spoil one major plot point of 4 that you kind of have to expect to happen in 4 anyway.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
1 year ago#3
It sorta depends TC... do you know generally what MGS4 is about and what happens or not really?

If you do MGR will make perfect sense. If you're jumping straight from MGS 2/3 to this game and don't know anything else you're going to be a bit lost on a few points but the game will still be plenty enjoyable.

This game's story does stand on its own but there are a few connections to MGS4 in particular that flesh out the context.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: PaintingMan

PaintingMan
1 year ago#4
No this game is pretty distance form the main games in terms of story
Goty

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 year ago#5
If anything, 2 is probably the most important prerequisite story-wise.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: pionear

pionear
1 year ago#6
Thanks guys...I see they have MGS4 on PSnow 'Now' (xD), so maybe I will sub and play it online one day.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Should I play MGS4: GotP before playing this?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A