• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. What would you want to see in MGR2?

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 month ago#1
Preferably, Kojima would return but I think they can still make a great Rising without Kojima. Besides, they can always hire him on contract as a consultant if they just hate him.

Gray Fox. *spoilers for MG1, 2 and S1* They can make cyborg bosses pretty easily by just making Dr. Clark's work include other subjects from OH and Zanzibar Land, which doubles as being a cool throwback. Shotmaker, Running Man and Big Boss (Venom)... as cyborgs with vastly expanded ability sets as a result! And since BB is involved, there's your mechanical enemies (Battle/Walker Gears, tanks, etc) and Metal Gear boss. Word never got out about Clark's other cyborgs because, as MGS1 tells us, Fox destroyed the entire lab and killed Clark. This does mean they still need a Rising 3 to finish Raiden's story. Which I am definitely cool with.

Bring back unarmed combat, make it an option at all times instead of just in one fight that you don't even get to finish and one DL-VR. Add a new UNARMED bonus in addition to NO DAMAGE, NO KILLS and NO ALERTS. And of course, have automatic quick equip for cases when you need to use blade mode defensively.

Nerfed but more fluid sub-weapons. The subweapons in MGR are awful lol. But they're also too powerful. In MGR2, I want to see it possible to use subweapons while moving. It kills the pace of combat to come to a stop to fire a rocket launcher as if you're not a cyborg who can suplex a Metal Gear. Even quick fire brings you to a stop. I get that this may be for balance, but nerfing them in addition will help.

How about you guys?
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
1 month ago#2
Kojima didn't have that much to do with Rising, at least the final product, so I doubt we'd miss him that much. I think overal I'd like to see a bigger emphasis on constant movement action, Ninja Run was a good first step but I'd be interested in how they could take this further in making an action game that's about constantly being on the move and being able to do all your attacks while moving. So yeah, mostly speed, and also add things like wallrunning back.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

DevsBro
1 month ago#3
Raeng posted...
Kojima didn't have that much to do with Rising, at least the final product, so I doubt we'd miss him that much.

You can feel his influence in a few places, like the codec convos and the tone in places, but yeah, it's nothing we'd miss too much. I wouldn't trust Konami to publish a Solid game without him but I would give a Rising a chance for sure. :)
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Pinochet89

Pinochet89
1 month ago#4
I want:

Longer cutscenes and gameplay.

Better characters and plot

Better level designs.

A story much more darker and grim than we had.

A direct sequel

Present a character who fought alongside Jack during Liberian Civil War and make him an enemy. They could also create another character who lost someone precious to him by Raiden's hands during his activities as a child soldier.

Focus more on Raiden's past.

Bring back old characters.

Extend Sunny's role in the game.

Open world

I don't really think it will happen, but to see MGS Rising back on Fox Engine would be a real dream come true.
(edited 1 month ago)

DevsBro
1 month ago#5
Pinochet89 posted...
A story much more darker and grim than we had.

Dang dude
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: alrightym8ty

alrightym8ty
1 month ago#6
Time will be 1-2 years into the future (2019 or 2020)

Bring back Sam and Armstrong. (You see, Raiden never killed them properly...). Have some bad guy discover how to harness dark matter and use this technology on a Metal Gear, Armstrong, and Sam (he retrieves and saves Armstrong's and Sam's body). Bad guy clones Armstrong and Sam, but also wants to clone Raiden. He plans to use Armstrong and Sam (he makes Sam a fully-fledged cyborg) with their dark-matter buffs to capture Raiden to clone him. This way he will have the most powerful weapons in the world. But he fails to keep Armstrong and Sam under control and loses them while they are dark-matter enhanced. Then chaos starts to happen and Raiden needs to restore order somehow.

Make a few scenes with Rose and Raiden's son. Maybe get Rose killed and turn her into a cyborg. Maybe have Raiden accidentally kill his child by accidentally slicing him into a hamburger.

Make George and Sunny have an affair and somehow help Raiden.

Start making Blade Wolf have emotions. Have a few parts where you play as Blade Wolf.

Have an in-depth flashback when Raiden was a child soldier. Have a few parts where you play as child-soldier Raiden and kill some enemies. Have a part where he loses his gun and uses only a knife to kill enemies, including enemy child soldiers (the origin of why he's so good with blades)

Improve Raiden's body more by utilizing Armstrong's nanomachines. Have Raiden pickup and throw an aircraft carrier.

Make it so Blade Mode can cut more things and make it utilize the environment more (cutting down a tree in blade mode can hurt enemies for example)

Have Raiden with the ability to glide or fly (jetpacks).

Improve sub-weapons.
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
4 weeks ago#7
alrightym8ty posted...
Have Raiden pickup and throw an aircraft carrier.

YES TOVARICH!
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

User Info: alrightym8ty

alrightym8ty
4 weeks ago#8
MurphysGhost posted...
TOVARICH

Yes! Split it wide open!

User Info: Nadster

Nadster
2 weeks ago#9
Got some ideas but I want to type later so I can post it.
"This is a quote."
My YT channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCDl3L8bU5HG5OYROnYF3Ztg/featured

User Info: egpNoodlez

egpNoodlez
5 days ago#10
alrightym8ty posted...
Have an in-depth flashback when Raiden was a child soldier. Have a few parts where you play as child-soldier Raiden and kill some enemies. Have a part where he loses his gun and uses only a knife to kill enemies, including enemy child soldiers (the origin of why he's so good with blades)

Alas, I'm not sure how long it will be for the industry to each this point. For now child killing is very taboo, and I was surprised we even got a depiction of child soldiers in MGS V.

All I know I want from a sequel, is Tactical Blade Wolf Action.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e277/egpNoodlez/BBE_40.jpg
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/egpNoodlez.png
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. What would you want to see in MGR2?
  • Post New Message