You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Collectibles Carry Between Difficulties?

User Info: Tall Guy

Tall Guy
1 month ago#1
Hi everyone,

So for my first playthrough (Playing on Hard) I don't bother to collectibles like Left hands and VR missions because I mainly don't want to break the flow of the game.

But I wonder - I did manage to pick some hands/VR because there were just there. In the next difficulty run, will I have to collect them again? or I won't be able to get the hand because I already did? and if collectibles do carry between runs, does it also works for the achievements? am I suppose to collect all Hands in a single play-through? or I can across multiple play-through?

Thanks!
"One must keep his friends close Raziel, and his enemies, even closer.." -- Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
1 month ago#2
They carry on between difficulties yes, just note that you should never press New Game, as this will delete most of your progress. Always do Continue or Chapter Select.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

Tall Guy
1 month ago#3
Oh, good to know. What's the diffierence between 'Continue' and 'Chapter Select'?
"One must keep his friends close Raziel, and his enemies, even closer.." -- Legacy Of Kain: Soul Reaver

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
1 month ago#4
Chapter select lets you start at the beginning of a chapter of your choice, while continue picks up at your last save.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

Tall Guy
1 month ago#5
Cool. Than in test case. I probably going to just play the next difficulty after Hard. If I'll find more Hands/VR missions, cool. If not - I will just play on Normal later on to collect what I missed and unlocks those achievements.

Thanks everyone!
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Collectibles Carry Between Difficulties?