You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
2 months ago#81
Its been almost a full page o responses, id say u got mad. But watever, we can move past this if u want.

Lets rewind n get bak on topic then... Jus cuz ppl dont mention s*** don't mean they dont notice it. Jus means its subtle n other s*** takes ur attention
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
2 months ago#82
Denizen_Of_Dark posted...
Its been almost a full page o responses, id say u got mad

He didn't get mad man, this is all in your head. He made a joke and you went all "amg kid the adults are talking".

Enfin, I think most don't really notice the hit-states in MGR:R because the whole goal of the game is quick kills. Most enemies won't live past the initial parry or hit thanks to Blade Mode or any other mechanic present. The only time you really notice it is during the Way of the Blade challenge run. And then it gets really funky haha!
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
2 months ago#83
Jus means its subtle n other s*** takes ur attention
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. It's sad because I usually find these details more interesting.

Take Genji on PS2. There's this directional attack system that not a soul knows about due to how powerful and easy Kamui is to use. I had to write a guide on it.

The combo thing was just a little dig at those who think a quality action game is defined by how much you can juggle potatoes. Probably not a necessary comment at the time.

Denizen_Of_Dark
2 months ago#84
Raeng posted...
Its been almost a full page o responses, id say u got mad

He didn't get mad man, this is all in your head. He made a joke and you went all "amg kid the adults are talking".
!

Thanks for ur wonderful insight. U should host a daytime talk show
(edited 2 months ago)

Denizen_Of_Dark
2 months ago#85
New_Birdman posted...
Jus means its subtle n other s*** takes ur attention
Yep, that's exactly what I meant. It's sad because I usually find these details more interesting.

Take Genji on PS2. There's this directional attack system that not a soul knows about due to how powerful and easy Kamui is to use. I had to write a guide on it.

The combo thing was just a little dig at those who think a quality action game is defined by how much you can juggle potatoes. Probably not a necessary comment at the time.

Well wen i think about juggles i think dmc or bayonetta... Cant remember ever tryna focus on juggles in mgr. So i guess we on tha same page now but i never seen somebody complain about that.

Only complaints i remember were bout its parry system, so ur comment was def weird n outta nowhere n like u said, unnecessary.

Anyway i guess i do agree that a dev can provide mad options for players but players stick to wat works rather than experiment. Its a shame, but also not rly. Devs gotta do better to incentivize players to experiment. N if players otherwise enjoy themselves, i dont see a real issue. Its more like a special treat for more dedicated players. Mgr is a nice balance

New_Birdman
2 months ago#86
Bit of an attitude there eh? Sure you aren't the one having a bad day? Settle down.

so ur comment was def weird n outta nowhere
I mentioned hit states. You replied on hit states. I made a comparison to combo focused games as a reason to why these things may get overlooked. My comment was directly related.

like u said, unnecessary
The unnecessary part being that comparison as other games hadn't been brought up but it's still a valid comment. Only problem is it set you off for some reason.

Devs gotta do better to incentivize players to experiment.
I half agree with this. On one hand I've never needed the devs to force me to try stuff, on the other a lot of people dont care about such details and go for whatever works like you said.

@Raeng
The only time you really notice it is during the Way of the Blade challenge run. And then it gets really funky haha!
Also a lot of the strings are kinda odd. My fav moves are the sweep, throat slicer, and heel drop. Had lots of fun messing with these combined with blade mode cancelling. Would be cool if they were separate moves.

Denizen_Of_Dark
2 months ago#87
Y u gettin over sensitive again after we moved past it? Lol wtf man

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
2 months ago#88

Treat others the way you want to be treated I guess.

On the topic of the game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A_ZInKE7XmU

Was diving through my collection of challenge runs and found this gem. I still remember doing that, god that took forever.

> moveset
Some strings make zero sense in the overal mechanics and are quite useless. Stormbreaker is still the absolute worst move I have seen in an action game. But some like Palm Strike are fantastic. The sweep and heel drop allow for a lot of infinites which is sweet. Fun fact is that Palm Strike is a flat damage, great for challenge runs (though we tended to avoid it, since it made NURs dumb i.e. just spam Palm).

Still want to finish the Way of the Blade run but seriously cannot get back into it.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

Denizen_Of_Dark
2 months ago#89
I do treat others how i wanna be treated.

But some ppl r over sensitive n interpret s*** how they want, rather than rationally. Jus sayin.

New_Birdman
2 months ago#90
No one is being sensitive but you. You dont seem to like being corrected. That post was clarification since you still seem to be misunderstanding my original post.

But some ppl r over sensitive n interpret s*** how they want, rather than rationally. Jus sayin.
That's pretty much exactly what you did though. Don't blame us over your inability to follow the conversation.

I do treat others how i wanna be treated.
Like a teenage girl on Twitter?

@Raeng
Still want to finish the Way of the Blade run but seriously cannot get back into it.
Where are you up to?