You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Denizen_Of_Dark

Denizen_Of_Dark
7 months ago#31
Looks like I gotta do another Sam run now
Official GRAVITY of gamefaqs Dark Souls boards.
I believe I, too, have pooped your pants --- R1 Masher

User Info: MurphysGhost

MurphysGhost
6 months ago#32
I wish I had gotten better with Sam.

His play style is fantastic. But good lord that Armstrong fight. Never quite got the hang of that one. And I beat Armstrong on VH / no upgrades all the time in the regular game, without much issue.

Did quite enjoy that both Sam and Wolf played so differently from Raiden. Still wish we could've played them in the main game...
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

Denizen_Of_Dark
6 months ago#33
I'm runnin thru dmc3se n finishin lady/Trish in dmc4se ATM... If there's time I'ma def run thru this one again too!

MurphysGhost
6 months ago#34
DMC3 SE is still so freaking good.
"The act of treachery is an art, but the traitor himself is a piece of ****." - Mike Tyson

Denizen_Of_Dark
6 months ago#35
MurphysGhost posted...
DMC3 SE is still so freaking good.

Hell yea, I'm playin thru as Vergil as we speak lol.

Itsuno dropped a masterpiece wit that one no doubt

MurphysGhost
6 months ago#36
Fought Sam in R-06 VH / no upgrade last night after a few beers. Just like the good old days.

Took about 5 resets to get back in the groove and then, man... that's a heck of a sword fight. Whipped his ass but it took a good 8-9 minutes. I love juggling him, it feels like such bad sportsmanship heh.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
6 months ago#37
Stuck against Armstrong on VH no upgrade. I kept failing the rock QTE. I need repair nanopaste to survive such a long fight. I reached this final phase without repair nanopaste.

Rock QTE:
1.Northeast
2.Northwest. After aligning the cut, need to move the left analog down.

Is it possible to farm repair nanopaste somewhere else?
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
6 months ago#38
You can farm NanoPaste during the fight. Pick them up and call Courtney to save and then quit. This will ruin your rank though.

Best to learn to avoid his attacks. You can skip the Rock QTE by running underneath it. If you're having trouble with it you have to use Ripper during it to slow down time further.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: SheenavsKilley

SheenavsKilley
6 months ago#39
Yeah but i don't wanna use Ripper. I haven't used Ripper at all on this no upgrade VH.

I don't care about rank. This VH no upgrade is too hard when you have to face more than 1 Mastiff at a time. It's like I have to enjoy getting grabbed endlessly by them. Lucky it is possible to break free of the grab. Usually AI Mistral grabs me and it's impossible to break free of the grab.

Before Armstrong I was struggling so much on Japanese garden(got the Mastiffs stuck me in a corner and won) and AI Mistral(have to use Sai to beat her safely).

Sundowner was surprisingly easy.
Sam is his usual self, nothing hard about him.

I have learned to avoid all Armstrong's attacks. It's just that 2 hits and I'm dead. While I deal so little damage.

It's easy to mess up somewhere and have to restart the whole fight.
(edited 6 months ago)

User Info: New_Birdman

New_Birdman
6 months ago#40
You just gotta learn how to cut the rocks.