• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Althalus2013

Althalus2013
4 weeks ago#121
I really wish someone would just do a hostile takeover of Konami and rescue their IPs.
Piano, turkey, Donald Trump's down-belows, Arkansas wardrobe, flagellation, polar bears - it's beans! Can we expect any nuclear fallout today, John? Certainly!

User Info: DevsBro

DevsBro
4 weeks ago#122
Althalus2013 posted...
I really wish someone would just do a hostile takeover of Konami and rescue their IPs.

"Sir! We've had a leak!"
"Damages! Stat!"
"Nothing is missing, but there've been some copies taken! And since *hours of details*, we have no legal recourse! They can use our IPs to their heart's content!"
"Well, on with it, man! What was compromised?!"
"Metal Gear, all its spinoffs, Zone of the Enders, Snatcher, Policenauts, Castlevania... looks like everything Kojima ever touched."
"Kojima! I knew it!"
"It wasn't him."
"What? Then who?"
https://youtube.com/watch?v=gEkKWKLwIrU
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35

User Info: solid_kush

solid_kush
6 days ago#123
Just started replaying this game.

i got the platinum trophy for MGS4 recently and thought I’d replay this since it takes place after.

i haven’t played this game since it was released. Damn 6 years went by so fast.

how much of a pain in the ass is reveangeance difficulty?
The Official Sektor of the MK Boards. "We are the Lin Kuei. More stealthful than the night... more deadly than the dawn!"

DevsBro
6 days ago#124
solid_kush posted...

Not awful. I got all S Ranks even. But it did take a lot of resets.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35
(edited 6 days ago)

Althalus2013
4 days ago#125
solid_kush posted...

To S Rank with No Damage? Frankly not that bad, since perfect parries do a ludicrous amount of damage and you'll have the funds to buy and upgrade the Game Breaker - uh, Armour Breaker - by that point. The only absolute son of a b**** is Monsoon, who avoids the parry on all but one of his attacks IIRC (though I also haven't played it in about 5 years so I could be wrong).

What I found truly difficult was going for No Kills on every chapter. That, my friend, is the meaning of pain.
Piano, turkey, Donald Trump's down-belows, Arkansas wardrobe, flagellation, polar bears - it's beans! Can we expect any nuclear fallout today, John? Certainly!

DevsBro
4 days ago#126
Althalus2013 posted...
The only absolute son of a b**** is Monsoon

He and the Grad in level 2 gave me a hard time. Maybe it's just me, but Armstrong was actually way easier on Rev than Very Hard.
53 LIII 0b110101
p16 0x35
(edited 4 days ago)

Althalus2013
4 days ago#127
It's not just you. Like Perfect Parries, the QTEs where you do damage to him do significantly more damage on Rev than on VH.

User Info: solid_kush

solid_kush
4 days ago#128
Wait, so I can use the FOX Blade on Revengeance difficulty and it won’t affect my rank?
The Official Sektor of the MK Boards. "We are the Lin Kuei. More stealthful than the night... more deadly than the dawn!"

Althalus2013
4 days ago#129
solid_kush posted...
Wait, so I can use the FOX Blade on Revengeance difficulty and it won’t affect my rank?

No idea, I mentioned the Armour Breaker. Though I seem to recall doing exactly that and getting S Ranks, so probably.

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 days ago#130
Fox Blade doesn't give a negative score, but it does make it really hard to get high ranks with due to it killing foes in one hit. It is a bit of a gimmick / cheat weapon considering it was originally pre-order DLC that required a hefty BP investment.

> Very Hard versus Revengeance
You can consider VH the hardest mode, while REV is more of a joke difficulty akin to Heaven and Hell in DMC.
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.
  • Post New Message