• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Metal Gear Rising: 2 (any chance?)

User Info: HellasLEAF

HellasLEAF
3 years ago#1
As the thread states. Oh how I wish they would make a modernized version on the new consoles.

I still remember how awesome it was playing that game. Nothing quite like it has come since. The sword mechanics were unreal.

It was just so cool.

User Info: Raeng

Raeng
3 years ago#2
Highly doubt it with Kojima leaving and Konami only making Pachinko machines sadly :/

I really wish there'd be a sequel. Think it could really shine with added development time!
http://www.stingermagazine.com - articles on the action genre's best.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC09UqeY80WzoWMnxRkL4Tkw - challenge runs.

User Info: Snake

Snake
3 years ago#3
I would say no chance at this point. The best they could come up with for a spinoff was a crappy zombie game so they've made it difficult for any real hope for future quality entries in the franchise.

That being said, if the question is should they make a sequel to this game, the answer is absolutely. I replayed it recently along with the DLC campaigns and it was really a quality spin off title. The switch to the hack n slash style was perfect for a Raiden game and they did a great job on the gameplay mechanics. While the story wasn't as great or memorable and relatively short, a sequel would hopefully allow them to make the gameplay and story even better.
Are you not....entertained!?

User Info: Reala

Reala
3 years ago#4
It was probably in development then cancelled like PT to spite Kojima. I remember a teaser logo for this game.
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
Shenmue III

User Info: Hades192

Hades192
3 years ago#5
I'm about to replay it as it's been over a year; MGR2 would be much welcomed!

Platinum came in and salvaged it (prob from the Survive crew), to which I'd think they could continue the game without much of a loss from Kojima's absense; who didn't have much to do with Rising!

MGR is under appreciated as it still holds up.

HellasLEAF
3 years ago#6
I am also gonna replay it, after watching gameplay footage on youtube. I have to play it again, and very cheap on PS store. Graphics still hold up looks like.

Also, Ultimate edition or regular?? And DLC?? I was not aware there was. Are they in the store as well?

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
3 years ago#7
I also remember a teaser title logo a long time ago.

I want one. I'm not in a rush, but I want a sequel too.
Bark at the Moon

User Info: Snake

Snake
3 years ago#8
HellasLEAF posted...
I am also gonna replay it, after watching gameplay footage on youtube. I have to play it again, and very cheap on PS store. Graphics still hold up looks like.

Also, Ultimate edition or regular?? And DLC?? I was not aware there was. Are they in the store as well?

Ultimate Edition has all the DLC. The DLC is worth it for the two character campaigns playing as Bladewolf and Jetstream Sam alone. The VR missions are also plentiful and increasingly difficulty which ups the replayability even more.
Are you not....entertained!?

HellasLEAF
3 years ago#9
^^

Thanks, figured as much. And just wanted to be sure of the DLC's.

User Info: bvillebro

bvillebro
3 years ago#10
damn, i forgot how good this games DLC was

this really was a single player game that, when you consider all the stuff you could get with the base game, plus all the bonus content, was really worth the price tags. ive gotten a lot of play out of MGR and it still feels fresh upon reload

a sad relic of what could have been. theres been so many action games to lay a great foundation down, only to improve significantly in the sequel. for shame MGR isnt getting that chance, they already did so well in the first attempt
Learning something new everyday
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Metal Gear Rising: 2 (any chance?)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A

How to block and dodge? Build2 Answers
New Game Plus? Main Quest4 Answers
How to cut through rocks in last boss fight??? Enemy/Boss7 Answers
How do I beat Armstrong on Very Hard? Enemy/Boss2 Answers
How do you parry? Build2 Answers