• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Senator Armstrong is a much more likable character than Huey

User Info: ShadeStrider1

ShadeStrider1
1 year ago#1
Senator Armstrong did a lot of unforgivable stuff, such as harvesting the brains of children to use as cyborgs, killing said kids to hide the evidence, and trying to launch the war economy again.

But at least Senator Armstrong had Ideals and a sense of honor. When he thought that Raiden had changed his mind and decided to join him, he helps Raiden up, dusts him off, and shakes his hand. And, like it or not, nothing he did was, in any way, selfish. He simply had an anarchistic view of what America should be, where every man is free to fight for himself, and not for American interests such as money and oil. It's anarchy, and I would never approve of such a society myself, but I can respect a politician who at least has Ideals and doesn't care about money.

Huey, however, is a Hypocrite with no sense of honor. He released the parasites to infect the Diamond Dogs in order to test them so that he could sell it? Not to mention his murder of Strangelove and his intention to use Otacon for experiments? The worst thing about him, though, is the fact that he always lies and denies. With Venom Snake, Ocelot, and even Big Boss, whenever they did something terrible, they never denied it. Huey is a liar.

Long Story Short, At least Senator Armstrong has a sense of Honor. Huey Emmerich is a liar and a Hypocrite, and I'm glad he drowned himself.

User Info: ChickenBot

ChickenBot
1 year ago#2
Agreed.

It was a little upsetting because I liked him in Peace Walker, but then Phantom Pain made him an outright traitor. Whereas with Armstrong I could feel pissed at him but never betrayed. >_> Dude had class.

Huey's son turned out his superior in every way. Otacon <3
"After all we've been through. Everything that I've done.... it can't be for nothing."

User Info: shabalakazam

shabalakazam
1 year ago#3
Huey is just an irredeemable piece of crap. It's quite funny how both Solid and Otacon turned out to be superior to their fathers.

ShadeStrider1
1 year ago#4
shabalakazam posted...
Huey is just an irredeemable piece of crap. It's quite funny how both Solid and Otacon turned out to be superior to their fathers.

I gotta be honest, sometimes I feel pity towards Huey when I see the scene where he is exiled. But the ONLY reason for that is because he looks and acts a lot like Otacon, a character that I adore. So much that I actually want to believe him... then I remember all of the horrible things he has done. Then I know he deserves all of the misfortune that befell him.

User Info: ChickenBot

ChickenBot
1 year ago#5
^ Same here. It's hard not to feel for Hal when they look so similar and even share a voice actor.

shabalakazam posted...
It's quite funny how both Solid and Otacon turned out to be superior to their fathers.

It's a nice theme to run through the series, isn't it? Also makes "Sins of the Father" that much more appropriate...
"After all we've been through. Everything that I've done.... it can't be for nothing."

User Info: gogeta0312

gogeta0312
1 year ago#6
LOL, people adore the s*** outta Big Boss, a man who threatened the world with a nuclear weapon, then held the world hostage by hoarding its fuel source...but they REVILE Huey, someone who did far less than Big Boss. XD

That said, the whole theme of the series post-MGS1 is Snake and Otacon atoning for the sins of their fathers.

User Info: kou urake

kou urake
1 year ago#7
In a series filled with war criminals, terrorists, and shadowy cabals bent on world domination, it amazes me that somehow Otacon's dad wound up being the biggest piece of s*** in the saga.
Wait a minute. He wasn't lying! This isn't even a polygraph. Its a seismograph. We've been having an EARTHQUAKE.

User Info: dourshi

dourshi
1 year ago#8
truth, plus heuy was a b**** that didnt have nanomachines son. Glad hal got it in with his stepmom, heuy is worst than skull face and that guy forced chico to... damn
Strive through the pain

User Info: Arkane Denial

Arkane Denial
1 year ago#9
Well, I don't think Huey has any redeeming qualities in the first place.

This is insta-win for the Senator.
Bark at the Moon

ShadeStrider1
1 year ago#10
ChickenBot posted...

It was a little upsetting because I liked him in Peace Walker, but then Phantom Pain made him an outright traitor. Whereas with Armstrong I could feel pissed at him but never betrayed. >_> Dude had class.

<3

You either Die a hero, or you live long enough to see yourself become the villain.
  1. Boards
  2. Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance
  3. Senator Armstrong is a much more likable character than Huey
  • Topic Archived