• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Kakaroti4

Kakaroti4
9 years ago#1

I rented this pile of **** this weekend, and boy does it suck.

I was surprised that people give this game 8.0 on average. So my question is, what the hell!?

Does anyone around here like realism, this game totally takes a dump on that definition. It is a child's game not a hunting simulation. Why do you people buy Cabela's garbage? Do you hate realistic hunting? If Activision releases these trash game, then it means that people rather want to play an arcade game rather than a real hunting game that simulates this sport realistically. Because if the community were to discard these games, then the developers would be forced to produce a better product. But I guess if most people like this sort of simplistic garbage then we might never get a quality console hunting title.

Tell me what you think about this.

User Info: steelerman

steelerman
9 years ago#2
i did like deer hunter 2005 back in the day but you are right...i don't understand why they can't make a game like deer hunter 2005 and put it on the next gen...i mean why can't they make a game with big areas to hunt in and let you HUNT...i hate someone telling me where i should go and where i should shoot...i got my fingers crossed though for a game coming up, from the little i read about it,it sounds like it may?? be like that with open big areas to hunt in...it's not a cabela's game either..it's bass pro shops --the hunt--a follow up game to bass pro shops ---the strike-- which is coming out tommorow...so lets hope for it to be good.

User Info: Kakaroti4

Kakaroti4
9 years ago#3

steelerman1 posted...
i did like deer hunter 2005 back in the day but you are right...i don't understand why they can't make a game like deer hunter 2005 and put it on the next gen...i mean why can't they make a game with big areas to hunt in and let you HUNT...i hate someone telling me where i should go and where i should shoot...i got my fingers crossed though for a game coming up, from the little i read about it,it sounds like it may?? be like that with open big areas to hunt in...it's not a cabela's game either..it's bass pro shops --the hunt--a follow up game to bass pro shops ---the strike-- which is coming out tommorow...so lets hope for it to be good.

DH2005 was a landmark, I am going to check that out "The Hunt". But I am a bit sceptical since their Trophy Hunter 2007 was a disasater. Let's hope that they have learned from past mistakes, because Cabela's sure as hell can't.

User Info: TH3_S3V3NTH_SON

TH3_S3V3NTH_SON
9 years ago#4
No thanks. I don't want a game that accurately reflects hunting. It would be guaranteed to be one of the most boring games ever made.

I much prefer the arcade "garbage", although I do agree they are still not great games. They are mediocre at best but they are funny. Humor is the only reason I play these games.
  • Topic Archived